Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickey0825

The severity of the possible repercussions of someone’s actions should dictate the response from others. Since I believe that people visiting WDW plays a relatively minor but still meaningful role in prolonging the crisis, endangering people, holding down the economy, and dictating when responsible people get to resume normal lives, I don’t think countering false statements on a theme park message board is a disproportionate response.

As for giving things a lot of thought, I think you vastly underestimate humanity’s gift for self-delusion and desire for normalcy - especially in light of a social media landscape that will let folks find excuses for anything they want to believe.
man....you must REALLY have nothing else to do

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes, Canada oh Canada a country that is 1/10 the size of the US. You do realize that many states in the U.S have done just as well as Canada, and some of them never shut down.
Really? Which ones?

Which states with 50 million people and dozens of cities to balance flow/restriction to/from?

Take your time...
Financial hardship can also lead to illness and death and the chance of dying from COVID are slim to none for people of working age. Have you ever been in a position where you couldn't buy food or pay your bills? Had to move back with your parents? The unemployment benefits are not being extended.
Please refer to statistics indicating “covid shutin” suicides, death by broken heartedness/boredom, or gun cleanings due to lack of option accidents have contributed more than 129,000 more deaths over average since March?

The same stuff, day after day...slipping one of these debunked hoax theories in as if they’ll be taken as fact.

Don’t believe anything a politician says right now - to be honest. They are all maneuvering to buy a huge election. I’m not supporting any agenda...merely identifying what’s indisputable truth for all of them. Hold off on those proclamations for a few more weeks/months.

I’m not saying it’s just you...far from it...but it has to stop.

Just as - to be fair - Indefinite calls for lockdowns need to give way to better solutions. It’s not all one sided.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My head will be bitten off momentarily for saying this. China is actually the best comparator for the US to emulate based on population size. Not to mention Disney's experience with parks.
Well...not population as a whole...but industrialized/urban population?

Yeah...I can see it.

Chi84

Premium Member
The severity of the possible repercussions of someone’s actions should dictate the response from others. Since I believe that people visiting WDW plays a relatively minor but still meaningful role in prolonging the crisis, endangering people, holding down the economy, and dictating when responsible people get to resume normal lives, I don’t think countering false statements on a theme park message board is a disproportionate response.

As for giving things a lot of thought, I think you vastly underestimate humanity’s gift for self-delusion and desire for normalcy - especially in light of a social media landscape that will let folks find excuses for anything they want to believe.
That’s just wrong. We have laws to protect people from being severely endangered by others. You don’t like the laws? Feel they should protect you more? Write your representatives.

Casper Gutman

That’s just wrong. We have laws to protect people from being severely endangered by others. You don’t like the laws? Feel they should protect you more? Write your representatives.
Just a note: they are being strict on not allowing politics in this thread, which is fine. But that makes it somewhat disingenuous to try and force someone into a political discussion.

That aside, I’ve already pointed out that society has a lot of ways to apply pressure outside of laws and applies that pressure often.

Chi84

Premium Member
Just a note: they are being strict on not allowing politics in this thread, which is fine. But that makes it somewhat disingenuous to try and force someone into a political discussion.

That aside, I’ve already pointed out that society has a lot of ways to apply pressure outside of laws and applies that pressure often.
Telling someone to try to get the laws changed if they feel the laws are deficient is not discussing politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom