Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Bella

Do you think it’s unreasonable to want you to miss your vacation right now so a dangerous disease can be controlled, the economy can recover, and other people AND YOU can take the vacations they want?
If I thought WDW remaining closed would eradicate Covid I might agree with you. Theres been no evidence that theme parks are dangerous.

mickey0825

Do you think it’s unreasonable to want you to miss your vacation right now so a dangerous disease can be controlled, the economy can recover, and other people AND YOU can take the vacations they want?
But when is that?? Is that 3 months from now??? 6 months from now? a year?? two years??? Three years???? I believe we have to start living our lives

Casper Gutman

Wait a minute...youre actually comparing driving drunk to visiting Disney World during this time? This is why these debates are inane...people just say the most ridiculous things when they have no other rational response. Youre now comparing committing a crime to making an educated decision on if you want to go to WDW...why dont you just say we tell people you cant murder one another..Just moronic
You realize that someone who engages in risky behavior right now - like going to WDW - is endangering others, right? The argument is very similar to drunk driving and not at all like murder. A murderer intentionally inflicts injury on someone else. A drunk driver can delude themselves that they are only risking themselves - after all, they’re alone in the car right? Or if anyone else is in the car, they know the risks. It’s a personal choice!

mickey0825

You realize that someone who engages in risky behavior right now - like going to WDW - is endangering others, right? The argument is very similar to drunk driving and not at all like murder. A murderer intentionally inflicts injury on someone else. A drunk driver can delude themselves that they are only risking themselves - after all, they’re alone in the car right? Or if anyone else is in the car, they know the risks. It’s a personal choice!
The drunk driving argument is used over and over again....making a conscious choice to get behind the wheel drunk is a ridiculous comparison to someone making a decision to go to WDW.

Casper Gutman

But when is that?? Is that 3 months from now??? 6 months from now? a year?? two years??? Three years???? I believe we have to start living our lives
We don’t know exactly. But if everyone acted responsibly, it would be a lot sooner. It could have been now. If we were in South Korea - or any number of other nations - going to a theme park would be much less reckless. We can do it. But we have to behave differently.

Everyone wants normalcy. I want normalcy. But these aren’t normal times. These are “entire bookshelves in the history section” times. These are “what did you do during that time, grandpa?” times. We don’t get normalcy until we acknowledge that. A lot of people haven’t.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
We don’t know exactly. But if everyone acted responsibly, it would be a lot sooner. It could have been now. If we were in South Korea - or any number of other nations - going to a theme park would be much less reckless. We can do it. But we have to behave differently.

Everyone wants normalcy. I want normalcy. But these aren’t normal times. These are “entire bookshelves in the history section” times. These are “what did you do during that time, grandpa?” times. We don’t get normalcy until we acknowledge that. A lot of people haven’t.
Are you done with the shaming, lecturing and “you do realize” statements now? Pretty sure you made your point that anyone going to WDW is a selfish person who is endangering the lives of others.

mickey0825

Again, you can't compare a nation like South Korea to ours...its comparing a town in Idaho to New York City...it makes no sense...it's apples and oranges....If you are that scared, stay in your home...no one will infect you...Many are taking this very seriously, acting responsibly and going on with their lives. They wear masks, socially distant, and quarantine if needed...that is their choice and following all the medical recommendations....its everyone's choice. No one gets to dictate that

TeriofTerror

Random question: Are any of you Agatha Christie fans? This conversation keeps reminding me of The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side. I would describe it as a cautionary tale to anyone who would recklessly expose others to an infectious disease. 😉

Casper Gutman

Again, you can't compare a nation like South Korea to ours...its comparing a town in Idaho to New York City...it makes no sense...it's apples and oranges....If you are that scared, stay in your home...no one will infect you...Many are taking this very seriously, acting responsibly and going on with their lives. They wear masks, socially distant, and quarantine if needed...that is their choice and following all the medical recommendations....its everyone's choice. No one gets to dictate that
Can we compare the entirety of the EU to the USA?

lazyboy97o

This is just bullocks. The comparison is between the US and the rest of the developed world. More people in more places. The US is the outlier. What is happening here is not just the way things are, they are an exception and a bad one at that.

Miss Bella

I might get behind shutting things down as long as it included Costco, Walmart, Target, grocery stores and every other big box store. Until someone can prove to me that standing in line for a ride at WDW is more dangerous than standing in line at Costco I'll never be behind these arbitrary shutdowns.

Casper Gutman

I might get behind shutting things down as long as it included Costco, Walmart, Target, grocery stores and every other big box store. Until someone can prove to me that standing in line for a ride at WDW is more dangerous than standing in line at Costco. I'll never be behind these arbitrary shutdowns.
Do you consider going to a theme park to be as essential as buying food to eat? Also, how many hours over how many days do you stay in Costco? More or less time then your average vacation? Do you fly to Costco and stay in a hotel?

Miss Bella

Do you consider going to a theme park to be as essential as buying food to eat? Also, how many hours over how many days do you stay in Costco? More or less time then your average vacation? Do you fly to Costco and stay in a hotel?
WDW has been closed and cases are rising so we know it's not being caused by WDW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom