Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Bella

Because people’s lives and livelihoods are at stake. If you do something foolish and get covid, you endanger everyone you come in contact with and everyone the people you come in contact with come in contact with.

Plus, as long as the virus isn’t contained, our economy will flounder. People who do unwise things are ensuring continued economic hardship.

But let’s really boil this down. The longer people do irresponsible things - like go to WDW - the longer it will remain irresponsible to go to WDW, and the longer responsible people won’t get to do it.

A raging global pandemic is a really, really good thing to be obsessive about.
No she’s just upset the borders are closed. She wants us to miss our vacations so the borders open up and she can go. That basically sums it all up.

Casper Gutman

So. Anything about Universal being a spreader yet?
Probably? Surprisingly, Universal isn’t widely publicizing cases among staff. We have some anecdotal evidence of problems, but it’s anecdotal. It’s very unlikely that people haven’t caught it at Universal.

milordsloth

How about a theme park in an area with lower cases? Like Cedar Point. It opens next week.

I thought your main point has been "support your local parks and dont travel to go to Disney". That mostly made sense, but this sounds more like "travel anywhere to visit a theme park, just don't support Disney." That doesn't make sense to me, especially on a disneyworld forum.

mickey0825

Do you think it’s unreasonable to want you to miss your vacation right now so a dangerous disease can be controlled, the economy can recover, and other people AND YOU can take the vacations they want?
Bottom line is you nor any other person has any right, nor invitation, to tell others how to live their lives. The only way to stay 100% safe is to never leave your home...that's your prerogative if you so choose. But don't tell others how they should live their lives.

Touchdown

Why anyone would want to go to a theme park now is beyond me. I’ve seen this disease first hand, and trust me you do not want it. I love WDW and other parks, but I love my life, loved ones and lungs more. I can hold off on theme parks until it’s safe again (and I don’t care how strict Disney’s measures are it’s not safe to be in a crowd now, especially if you are indoors.)

celluloid

So. Anything about Universal being a spreader yet?

I don't think it can be said specifically so easily just yet even if it was, but we know that bars and resturants are said to be a big reason for a large portion of the cases. CityWalk, Disney Springs and downtown all began serving around the same time and all had to close again when those numbers exploded.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Probably? Surprisingly, Universal isn’t widely publicizing cases among staff. We have some anecdotal evidence of problems, but it’s anecdotal. It’s very unlikely that people haven’t caught it at Universal.
Probably? Is that a guess? I’m looking for actual reporting. Not an opinion from someone on the Internet. It was a genuine question because Universal is really the only comparison to WDW and I haven’t heard anything.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I don't think it can be said specifically so easily just yet even if it was, but we know that bars and resturants are said to be a big reason for a large portion of the cases. CityWalk, Disney Springs and downtown all began serving around the same time and all had to close again when those numbers exploded.

I get the bars aspect as there is some evidence behind it. I was talking more specifically of the theme park environment that Uni and WDW share with similar protocols in place.

celluloid

I get the bars aspect as there is some evidence behind it. I was talking more specifically of the theme park environment that Uni and WDW share with similar protocols in place.

I get you. No, I don't think there has been. Theoritecially, presuming Disney has some kind of pull near what they did with volume of people I am interested to see if the Universal and Sea World parks become and busier.

BrianLo

Bottom line is you nor any other person has any right, nor invitation, to tell others how to live their lives. The only way to stay 100% safe is to never leave your home...that's your prerogative if you so choose. But don't tell others how they should live their lives.

The entire field of public health weeps.

The decisions of the individual impacts the whole. When did American society become so selfish?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The entire field of public health weeps.

The decisions of the individual impacts the whole. When did American society become so selfish?

Well. The park is going to legally open so presumably, people can legally go. So you may want to take that up with Disney and the state of Florida. And universal, Comcast and sea world while you’re at it.

Jrb1979

Live every minute...live every day...some wish to live in fear....some dont.....its your choice
I'm not living in fear at all. I just chose not to go places where cases are high. I look at where I live and cases have been under 200 a day for weeks now. In a case like that I feel safe in doing certain things including a theme park if it was open. Where as Disney, Universal or any Florida park I wouldn't feel safe as they 50 times the amount of cases per day.

mickey0825

I'm not living in fear at all. I just chose not to go places where cases are high. I look at where I live and cases have been under 200 a day for weeks now. In a case like that I feel safe in doing certain things including a theme park if it was open. Where as Disney, Universal or any Florida park I wouldn't feel safe as they 50 times the amount of cases per day.
and that's fine...would never begrudge anyone for making that decision...some choose to live differently. My point was whichever way you feel, you do what you feel is best for you and your family. No one has the right to tell anyone else what they should do.

BrianLo

Well. The park is going to legally open so presumably, people can legally go. So you may want to take that up with Disney and the state of Florida. And universal, Comcast and sea world while you’re at it.

By all means, I have plenty of grievances with US public health policy. From top to bottom. But as long as the borders remain closed it largely does not impact me.

Live every minute...live every day...some wish to live in fear....some dont.....its your choice

If only that's how society worked. Choices some make impact others without a choice. Don't mistake lack of fear for lack of ignorance.

But if everyone is signalling that WDW and Florida is safe, who am I to argue? I'll continue to watch from the outside.

Jrb1979

I thought your main point has been "support your local parks and dont travel to go to Disney". That mostly made sense, but this sounds more like "travel anywhere to visit a theme park, just don't support Disney." That doesn't make sense to me, especially on a disneyworld forum.
Like I just posted, it has nothing do with Disney. It all has to do with going to a theme park in a place where cases are high. I would feel much safer at Cedar Point right now over Disney or Universal as cases aren't as high. Hence why I can't believe any one wants to go to a place where Covid is such widespread.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
But if everyone is signalling that WDW and Florida is safe, who am I to argue? I'll continue to watch from the outside.
Everyone is definitely not signaling what you’re suggesting. From what I have gathered, many will not be going to Florida or WDW because they do not believe it is safe. Others will go to WDW because they feel the safety protocols in place address any concerns they may have. It is quite a mixed bag, regarding WDW.

mickey0825

By all means, I have plenty of grievances with US public health policy. From top to bottom. But as long as the borders remain closed it largely does not impact me.

If only that's how society worked. Choices some make impact others without a choice. Don't mistake lack of fear for lack of ignorance.

Some people have chosen to stay isolated in their homes...to not leave for anything...they feel thats the only way to stay 100% safe. Personally I think that's crazy but if that's what it takes to make that person feel safe, who am I to say they should do any different. People have a choice...stay home if they choose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom