Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallica

You don't know their expenses, you don't know what emergencies have come up in their lives. If there are tipped employees making that, it's not because they're sitting around not doing anything. You don't know their lives much more than people know your life and what you're dealing with. Knock it off.
My point was that WDW tipped employees make much higher wages than their non tipped coworkers. They could easily have a rainy day fund in comparison to their non tipped coworkers if they live within their means.

ImperfectPixie

Ah, nice of you to be crying out "fake news" in a moment of crisis. We all see where your allegiances lie, and it isn't with the living.
I've got news for you - he's right. For all we know, that chemistry teacher barely got their degree with a passing grade. And no, soap does not kill the virus. Bleach does.

ImperfectPixie

They literally lay out in the article the exact process in which soap kills the virus. What more do you need?!
An article submitted to an open-source publishing platform. That's basically the equivalent of Wikipedia and should not be trusted as an accurate source of information because literally ANYONE can write and post on it.

LittleBuford

An article submitted to an open-source publishing platform. That's basically the equivalent of Wikipedia and should not be trusted as an accurate source of information because literally ANYONE can write and post on it.

The article quotes a well-established expert and his tweets:

Crunchie9

I posted many times on these forums about the coronavirus and what I was seeing based on company information coming out of Asia. My posts were almost always deleted.

We are now in a global pandemic, and essentially we are in World War III with an invisible enemy. I will have no further updates on anything Disney for the remainder of the pandemic, which I presume to last for several months ahead.

Stay at home. Distance yourself. Operate at the highest levels of hygiene possible. We control our fate at this point. We must avoid being Italy. We must bring down the number of hospitalizations so as not to overwhelm our health care system. We must give our scientists the opportunity to create medicines and vaccines to literally save the world. Iran is digging mass graves you can see from space. India will be catastrophic in ways we can't even imagine. We must give America the chance to throw everything we have at conquering this virus.

God bless all of you. Take this seriously. This is going to get very, very bad quickly in Europe... the mainland is on an unstoppable collision course with exponentially increasing infections. May we have the wisdom in the US to immediately put everything we have into defeating this situation.

Take care.
where and how can you see Iran? curious to check it out myself

WI_WDWfan

Phase 1 for WDW, shut out FL Passholders. Reduce the risk and improve the experience for visitors that have laid out big (likely non-refundable) bucks for their trip (and Cast Members). Phase 2 , on-site guests only. Rigorous testing for Cast Members - once one tests positive, shut 'er down.

ELG13

I considered myself lucy that I got 3 days paid bereavement leave after I had an emergency csection and my son passed away 30 minutes later. I wasn't prepared with PTOs because I had 10 weeks left to accrue them so I found a work from home job and quit. At first we were nervous but in times like these I'm grateful to have a job that works from home.
Thanks yall...wasn't looking for sympathy but I was trying to empathize with people worried about being out of work with no pay. I've been there, and it sucks. The world doesn't stop spinning because you can't pay your bills. We were lucky enough to have some pretty awesome friends and family rally around us.

mmssbrg2

One little nitpick in that image. Soap doesn't kill the virus. It helps lift the virus particles off of your skin when you are washing your hands. If you just rub soap on your hand like it is hand sanitizer it isn't going to do much.

The important thing is to wash your hands frequently and PROPERLY for at least 20 seconds.
The virus has a lipid envelope. Basically it's surrounded in a layer of fat. Soap has properties that break down the fat layer. The virus needs its envelope to attach to the target cell. Without its envelope, it's essentially deactivated.

LittleBuford

Thanks, but until someone directly involved with researching COVID-19 states otherwise, I'm going with soap NOT killing COVID-19.

But the claim isn’t that soap can kill the virus without other stuff happening too. As the article and tweets make clear, you need to rub it thoroughly over your hands for at least twenty seconds. Can you quote me any scientists who would dispute that this is effective against viruses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom