Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELG13

I think they are, but politics and personal feelings are being allowed to get in the way.

I actually left my last job because after being sick for 4 days, I took my then 15-month old son to the pediatrician on the way to work because his bronchitis wasn't improving and the doctor called 911, put us in an ambulance and sent us to a hospital 30 miles away instead of the one 3 miles away because the further hospital has a pediatric ER. I called my boss from the back of the ambulance to give them an update and was gifted with a manatory 2 week, unpaid vacation at the beginning of a December. Upon my return-to-work date, I sent them a polite e-mail stating that I felt we'd all be better off if I looked for work elsewhere. (Mind you, I'm the kind of employee that WANTS to learn and is willing to stay late, come in early, etc. etc...and I was STILL treated like this.) Bosses like this are far more common than people are willing to admit.
I considered myself lucy that I got 3 days paid bereavement leave after I had an emergency csection and my son passed away 30 minutes later. I wasn't prepared with PTOs because I had 10 weeks left to accrue them so I found a work from home job and quit. At first we were nervous but in times like these I'm grateful to have a job that works from home.

Bartattack

My hope is this thing rolls out as fast as it has come in and in a few months we start to see a return to something more normal. China looked really grim but is looking much better these days. Took about 3 months to see real positive changes. That puts us out into end of May or June if we follow a similar path.

That's what an expert on TV (Belgium) just said as well. We know other coronaviruses and their behaviour and we know that they usually 'disappear' during summer months and are more active during winter. Influenza usually 'stops' during easter holiday. He predicts that corona will likely fade away in the second half of may. Of course this is still speculation.

WDW Pro

We are now in a global pandemic, and essentially we are in World War III with an invisible enemy. I will have no further updates on anything Disney for the remainder of the pandemic, which I presume to last for several months ahead.

Stay at home. Distance yourself. Operate at the highest levels of hygiene possible. We control our fate at this point. We must avoid being Italy. We must bring down the number of hospitalizations so as not to overwhelm our health care system. We must give our scientists the opportunity to create medicines and vaccines to literally save the world. Iran is digging mass graves you can see from space. India will be catastrophic in ways we can't even imagine. We must give America the chance to throw everything we have at conquering this virus.

God bless all of you. Take this seriously. This is going to get very, very bad quickly in Europe... the mainland is on an unstoppable collision course with exponentially increasing infections. May we have the wisdom in the US to immediately put everything we have into defeating this situation.

Take care.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Agreed...logistically it take a little more planning to close WDW since you will be closing the resorts as well.
They did leave the Disneyland hotels open through Monday to allow for people to make travel arrangements. WDW has lots more rooms. If even half of the people in all those rooms try to book earlier flights it’s going to be a nightmare at MCO.

ImperfectPixie

I considered myself lucy that I got 3 days paid bereavement leave after I had an emergency csection and my son passed away 30 minutes later. I wasn't prepared with PTOs because I had 10 weeks left to accrue them so I found a work from home job and quit. At first we were nervous but in times like these I'm grateful to have a job that works from home.
I'm so sorry for your loss and what you went through. As a society, I hope this pandemic teaches us some important lessons about valuing people more than the almighty dollar.

DisneyCane

Right well it absolutely kills the virus.

Find me a respected infectious disease expert that says that. Professors are a dime a dozen and sometimes don't know what they are talking about. If this were accurate then why are they not recommending sanitizing surfaces with a soap and water solution? Probably because soap doesn't kill the virus.

deeevo

They did leave the Disneyland hotels open through Monday to allow for people to make travel arrangements. WDW has lots more rooms. If even half of the people in all those rooms try to book earlier flights it’s going to be a nightmare at MCO.
I can't imagine the chaos.

fctiger

If Disneyland is shutting down and that's only a quarter of the size WDW is it's clearly only a matter of time given how many people are at that resort. States are cracking down all the public areas. At the rate everything is going they could announce a closing in days if not hours.

Edit: Wow, it didn't even take two hours after I wrote this before they actually closed it.

Last edited:

EvilChameleon

Find me a respected infectious disease expert that says that. Professors are a dime a dozen and sometimes don't know what they are talking about. If this were accurate then why are they not recommending sanitizing surfaces with a soap and water solution? Probably because soap doesn't kill the virus.

Ah, nice of you to be crying out "fake news" in a moment of crisis. We all see where your allegiances lie, and it isn't with the living.

HongKongFooy

If Disneyland is shutting down and that's only a quarter of the size WDW is it's clearly only a matter of time given how many people are at that resort. States are cracking down all the public areas. At the rate everything is going they could announce a closing in days if not hours.

A logical and obvious conclusion

ElvisMickey

I understand that people, especially those traveling for vacation, do not want WDW to close. But for anyone who’s been paying attention to the news and what’s been closing/suspended around the world, how can you realistically expect WDW not to close? And if it DIDN’T close, would that be the right choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom