Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

Calm down, but what you are saying proves my point. People’s initial flippant attitude and not taking this seriously in the first place can only have a detrimental effect.

And if you are going through anything obviously everyone’s thoughts are with you but the last thing I would be doing is posting on a forum.

Next time I will check the date and time of posts?!
It proved nothing honestly. I still have the same views I did before. You honestly just assumed too much.

Sorry I'm not being gentle either. Our schools are shut down for 3 weeks now. I cannot get to my family in a nursing home at all after tomorrow. We're having to deal with a lot of rearranging crap.

I still think most will be okay, but now the economy? Maybe not. It all depends.

I'm posting as I am on hold waiting to figure some things out. My husband is busy working trying to get access for all his 300+ workers to work from home. Posting for 2 minutes doesn't hurt a thing ;)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I wonder if my DCP get’s cancelled...

Sucks if that happens. Although my arrival date isn’t for a very long time, probably too early to tell.
My hope is this thing rolls out as fast as it has come in and in a few months we start to see a return to something more normal. China looked really grim but is looking much better these days. Took about 3 months to see real positive changes. That puts us out into end of May or June if we follow a similar path.

John park hopper

First public drive thru testing on the east coast is opening in NY. Only 1 testing center but it’s a small step in the right direction. They need to ramp this testing up ASAP. All hope isn’t lost that we can get caught up and eventually ahead of this thing.
Medical University here in Charleston SC started doing that today, response was so great they had hoped to have results quickly but said they were back logged and would take 4 hours

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I rented DVC points privately and am supposed to go on March 22. I will be out of that money if WDW closes. Does the person get their points back if there is a closure?
I started a thread specifically on that topic. Nobody knows for sure.

Surferboy567

My hope is this thing rolls out as fast as it has come in and in a few months we start to see a return to something more normal. China looked really grim but is looking much better these days. Took about 3 months to see real positive changes. That puts us out into end of May or June if we follow a similar path.

My arrival date is supposed to be in June. I really hope it happens this is something I’ve wanted to do for a while. Health is everything so we shall see what happens.

DVCakaCarlF

Well if this is any indication...I just got an email regarding a large corporate trip to WDW in early April, and it was canceled...I wonder if the travel agents/program managers know something we all don’t yet.

Brer Oswald

This thing isn’t going to just come and go. It’ll stick around for a year. Either tons people will get it and recover, or it’s worse than we feared (unlikely).

EvilChameleon

One little nitpick in that image. Soap doesn't kill the virus. It helps lift the virus particles off of your skin when you are washing your hands. If you just rub soap on your hand like it is hand sanitizer it isn't going to do much.

The important thing is to wash your hands frequently and PROPERLY for at least 20 seconds.

Right well it absolutely kills the virus.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Older couple behind me at the grocery checkout just now: “Do we have what we need?” “I think so. But I mean, we’re coming back. I can’t carry all this [bleep] back to the apartment at once.” “Did you call the kids?” “The kids are fine.” “Did you call them!” “Honey. Nothing happens in Ithaca.” “Lets go up tomorrow.” “I’m staying right here.” “Oh, that’s smart.” “You want I should die on the way up?”

Calmdownnow

What’s ridiculous are the people buying multiple 80 packs of toilet paper. One of those should last you months.
I agree and the only way I would do that sort of thing is if I was worried that this might be my last paycheck for a couple of months or more and I needed to make sure that I loaded up with enough food etc to last until I might be earning again.

Gringrinngghost

From Universal Orlando: Public Employee site:

The health and safety of our Team Members and guests is always our top priority. Out of an abundance of caution and in response to the guidance provided by the California Department of Public Health, Universal Studios Hollywood will temporarily close beginning Saturday, March 14. The theme park anticipates reopening on March 28 as we continue to monitor the situation.

Universal CityWalk Hollywood will remain open. We will provide timely updates as conditions evolve. If guests have questions regarding tickets, they can call 1-800-UNIVERSAL (1-800-864-8377), option #9.

Universal Orlando Resort Remains Open
Universal Orlando Resort remains open, and we are welcoming our guests. Here is a review of the proactive steps we are taking:
  • We remain in contact with health officials, our own health experts and others in our industry – and we are closely monitoring the situation.
  • We are reinforcing our best-practice health and hygiene procedures and continue to educate Team Members on basic preventive measures.
  • We are reviewing and enhancing our already aggressive cleaning protocols.
  • For the comfort and convenience of our guests, we are increasing the number of hand sanitizer units in our parks and hotels.

Brer Oswald

I have a good feeling you will make it. Just a hunch and a bunch of wishful thinking on my part since nobody can predict what will happen but good vibes can’t hurt right :)
Mines in May. Wondering if they’ll push it to June, cancel, or just go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom