Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rider

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
There’s problems with the state data too. On the positivity rate the state counts a person who tests positive only once in their data no matter how many times they are tested after that (makes sense), however they count multiple negative tests from the same person in the numbers which deflates the percent positive.
I can't find anywhere on the Florida site that states this. Where are you seeing this?

GoofGoof

Premium Member

When he says “certain types of businesses“ might need to have face masks I wonder if that refers to the water parks and smaller amusement attractions that opened without masks. It will be interesting to see what the reaction is if that happens.

DCBaker

Premium Member
From Jacksonville Beach -

“I think we were careless and we went out into a public place when we should not have. And we were not wearing masks. I think we had a whole 'Out of sight, out of mind' mentality. The state opens back up and said everybody was fine, so we took advantage of that,” Crisp said.

She said it's a lesson for everyone.

“We should be wearing masks. We should be social distancing,” Crisp said. “It was too soon to open everything back up.”

disneygeek90

From Jacksonville -

“I think we were careless and we went out into a public place when we should not have. And we were not wearing masks. I think we had a whole 'Out of sight, out of mind' mentality. The state opens back up and said everybody was fine, so we took advantage of that,” Crisp said.

“We should be wearing masks. We should be social distancing,” Crisp said. “It was too soon to open everything back up.”

I used to live in Jax and I know that bar. It's a typical "beach bar" that is kinda gross feeling just being inside. I think I only went in once. Not even surprised a little, I don't understand how bars like this even opened in the first place.

Oh, right. We were onto the next arbitrary "phase."

RaveOnEd

From Jacksonville Beach -

It isn't too soon to open everything back up, but it's too soon to not wear masks and take precautions!

Jrb1979

It isn't too soon to open everything back up, but it's too soon to not wear masks and take precautions!
I agree in opening things back up. Going from opening retail, patios and some outdoor activities where social distancing works to Disney is too quick. IMO theme parks, concerts and festivals shouldn't be opening for awhile.

zurj

I did a curbside grocery order last night and saw a guy with 2 little kids that appeared to be in the 5 to 8 years old range walking out of the store. None of the 3 had masks and it wasn't that they were pulled down after leaving the store, they just didn't have them on at all. It's still mandatory here to wear masks in stores, but some people think they're standing up for their rights or that they know better than everyone else or they just don't want to. Factor in the WHO spokesperson claiming that asymptomatic spread is rare and then backtracking and it feels like an uphill battle - especially when the first quote gets headlines around the world while the retraction is ignored by people who don't want to hear it. What was especially irritating about the guy taking his kids into the store without masks was that it's been very easy to get a grocery pickup or delivery timeslot lately, so there's no reason to not use that option if you insist that covering your mouth and nose is some unfair burden.
They are 8 & 6, and I didn't know we lived so close to one another!

DisneyDebRob

I agree in opening things back up. Going from opening retail, patios and some outdoor activities where social distancing works to Disney is too quick. IMO theme parks, concerts and festivals shouldn't be opening for awhile.
This was reported last night. People are saying Hagrids has all the social distancing markers removed. I’m guessing they could wear off? Also a employee telling people over loud speaker to fill in all empty spaces. If true, I’m saying if, sounds like Shanghai where they threw in the towel after a few weeks. I’m with you, could be a little early for amusement parks and other big gathering places
phttps://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ya...rn-about-theme-parks-reopening-213610420.html

disneygeek90

This was reported last night. People are saying Hagrids has all the social distancing markers removed. I’m guessing they could wear off? Also a employee telling people over loud speaker to fill in all empty spaces. If true, I’m saying if, sounds like Shanghai where they threw in the towel after a few weeks. I’m with you, could be a little early for amusement parks and other big gathering places
phttps://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ya...rn-about-theme-parks-reopening-213610420.html
This was reported on Saturday, and it seemed like they had corrected shortly after. That article was just late to cover it.

I didn't go to Hagrids on Sunday but everything else was status quo in US that I saw.

Chip Chipperson

Based on Universal's response, it sounds like it may have been a case of an employee using old verbal instructions out of habit if the markers were gone simply because they fine-tuned the loading of the ride to keep people moving constantly at that point in the queue. It looks like everyone in the line is moving so it's not like they were having people stand around in close proximity to one another.

However, they should still have the markers down because no ride ever runs 100% of the time without any delays or malfunctions - and didn't this ride have such a spotty operational record when it opened that they had it shut down for hours each day? Of all the times to assume, "We've got this. No need for those pesky social distancing markers on the ground," this ride isn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom