Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBuford

Kevin_W

For anyone wondering how the Swedish experiment went:

Yes. Sadly, their data has not looked good, and their case/death rates have been largely flat over the past 6 weeks instead of teh steady decrease we've seen in the US and must of Europe.

I haven't read up no what strategies Brazil is using. that article points out Sweden having the highest death rate per million people in the world, but Brazil is currently 4th and still in the exponentially-increasing phase of the curve.

DisneyDebRob

For anyone wondering how the Swedish experiment went:

I remember when Sweden was the “gold standard “ in here by many. Didn’t work out that way. Learning curve for everyone I guess.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yes, I'd like to hear more about this too. If its a sure thing, I'll short the stock market and become a billionaire before my next trip to Disney!
Large corporations may not be impacted as much this time around. Shorting the stock market may not work as well as past recessions. You probably need to pick some specific industries to short vs the whole market. Small businesses are still getting killed. How many restaurants can survive long term with 50% capacity? Not many. Even if the government removes all restrictions a bunch of small businesses won’t be here next year. Without a vaccine there won’t be enough demand for travel, dining and other heavily impacted industries. WDW won’t see a return to ”normal” crowd levels until there is a vaccine or the disease runs its course (which will take years without a vaccine).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Jokes don't play well here. I remember when someone referred to an argument as "ludacris," I made a comment referring to a rapper, and it all went downhill from there.

1591195249677.jpeg

The Mom

Premium Member
I’ll stop speaking Farsi:

How did you get/what were “some of the best discounts” on DCL?

Last minute?

I usually take a yearly river or coastal cruise (didn't schedule one for 2020 because of home repairs, which were completed before the shutdown, and remodeling might happen later this year), and although they are trying to entice me back, I haven't seen any real deals for 2021.

Miss Bella

I usually take a yearly river or coastal cruise (didn't schedule one for 2020 because of home repairs, which were completed before the shutdown, and remodeling might happen later this year), and although they are trying to entice me back, I haven't seen any real deals for 2021.
Cruises don’t usually get discounted in advance.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It depends on what you call last minute I generally book 2 to 3 months out.
I get you...

I’m not “anti-dcl”...because they do a good job. But their valuation is completely off compared to their competitors...so I’m always finding it hard to “get past the finish line” and actually book one. (again)

So I’m just curious to see how you play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom