Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

It’s about general “unknown” with leisure that ALOT of people are obsessed about. That’s was gonna grow like weeds from the start. And here it is 25,000 posts later.

You request for “order” is appreciated...but unrealistic, No?
The reason (speaking for me alone) that I commented on fastpass+ is this is the rare opportunity where customer feedback and actions may steer Disney’s new policies. The dial is somewhat “reset”

It’s an interesting scenario to bring it up. But if it’s “thanks, Dad...can you please hit me again?!?”...well that would be fitting too.
OFF TOPIC! VIOLATION!

Kevin_W

Any news in schools starting back up this fall?

In my state (Ohio) it is still under discussion. The state Board of Education last met a few weeks ago and is slated to meet again next week. The only public statements are that the governor "would like" schools to be able to open, but they are planning for 3 different scenarios: fully back to school, still fully closed/distanced, and a hybrid model.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I wouldn't go that far. But it is mindboggling to me with the care and effort that they put into the ride and the land as a whole that this was the best pre-show they could come up with.
And that a computer system capable of linking your mind to an Avatar which is miles away, requires you to non stop "move around a little" so it can detect you, smh.

MickeyLuv'r

And when they did almost NOTHING from 1999 to 2015.
I think perhaps your timeline is a bit off, if you are saying that WDW didn't add any (big) attractions between 1999 and 2015:

1999 - Pooh, Test Track, RnR, Kali

2003- Mission:SPACE
2005 - Soarin'
2006 - Seas with Nemo, EE
207 - Finding Nemo show in AK
2008 - TSM
2012 - Enchanted Tales with Belle
2014- 7DMT

Plus, the Meet and Greet with Anna and Elsa bears a mention, as it falls in that time period. It has moved around, but originally started in 2013. When it was originally in Epcot, it regularly had a 5+ hour wait.

It moved to MK (April 2014), then moved back to Epcot (2016). It might not be your thing, but for a good long time, it was a bigger draw than just about any other WDW attraction has ever really had and is still popular. It bears mentioning when talking about the parks in the 2014 time frame, because it was added in that time, and was a big draw.

It also bears mentioning, perhaps, because there was an odd lack of Frozen merchandise for sale in 2014/2015, when the movie's popularity was extremely high. WDW likely would have sold a great deal of Frozen merchandise if it had been available. To your point, it was a missed opportunity.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So we’re gonna do this?

Ok.

Disclaimer: I should have said “after 1999”...i screwed That up. That was the wind down of the DAK investment and eisners “millennium package” thrown together...
I think perhaps your timeline is a bit off, if you are saying that WDW didn't add any (big) attractions between 1999 and 2015:

1999 - Pooh, Test Track, RnR, Kali

2003- Mission:SPACE
2005 - Soarin'
2006 - Seas with Nemo, EE
207 - Finding Nemo show in AK
2008 - TSM
2012 - Enchanted Tales with Belle
2014- 7DMT

Plus, the Meet and Greet with Anna and Elsa bears a mention, as it falls in that time period. It has moved around, but originally started in 2013. When it was originally in Epcot, it regularly had a 5+ hour wait.

It moved to MK (April 2014), then moved back to Epcot (2016). It might not be your thing, but for a good long time, it was a bigger draw than just about any other WDW attraction has ever really had and is still popular. It bears mentioning when talking about the parks in the 2014 time frame, because it was added in that time, and was a big draw.

It also bears mentioning, perhaps, because there was an odd lack of Frozen merchandise for sale in 2014/2015, when the movie's popularity was extremely high. WDW likely would have sold a great deal of Frozen merchandise if it had been available. To your point, it was a missed opportunity.

Mission space: replaced horizons
Soarin: replaced food rocks
Seas with Nemo: replaced “seas without Nemo”
Everest is a net add...but of course that was after the original dak layout was cut down. They DID also add Chester and Hester prior
Finding Nemo show: replaced Tarzan show
TSM: net add...but of course they closed half of mgm to prep for the toy story land and Star wars later...so down to maybe net +1 now or so?
Enchanted tales with Taco Belle: moved
Mine train and mermaid were net ads...replacing the subs which had been a net subtraction. Also took out snow whites but no one really cared.

So the question was did they add enough capacity?
That’s the real question...

And I won’t even get into what was closed and never replaced in that time...which is kinda appalling for the Disney purists. Some of that is finally being replaced.

But all those factoids aside...how do you handle 20% more crowds with the same spots for them comfortably? They are doing things now but going 5-10 years in a park at times without new capacity...X4 parks...isn't that effective.

But that’s all past. Let’s get some tiered, 60 day prebooked out virtual queues up in dis piece, eh?

And I’m sure the next few years with the “boom” economy is gonna result in lots of extra cash/investment. I’m waiting for someone named “Bob” to make a public statement to we fans and Wall Street that bigger, better, more comfortable and less monetized down to the 1/4 penny is coming...

👍🏻

trainplane3

So we’re gonna do this?

Ok.

Disclaimer: I should have said “after 1999”...i screwed That up. That was the wind down of the DAK investment and eisners “millennium package” thrown together...

Mission space: replaced horizons
Soarin: replaced food rocks
Seas with Nemo: replaced “seas without Nemo”
Everest is a net add...but of course that was after the original dak layout was cut down. They DID also add Chester and Hester prior
Finding Nemo show: replaced Tarzan show
TSM: net add...but of course they closed half of mgm to prep for the toy story land and Star wars later...so down to maybe net +1 now or so?
Enchanted tales with Taco Belle: moved
Mine train and mermaid were net ads...replacing the subs which had been a net subtraction. Also took out snow whites but no one really cared.

So the question was did they add enough capacity?
That’s the real question...

And I won’t even get into what was closed and never replaced in that time...which is kinda appalling for the Disney purists. Some of that is finally being replaced.

But all those factoids aside...how do you handle 20% more crowds with the same spots for them comfortably? They are doing things now but going 5-10 years in a park at times without new capacity...X4 parks...isn't that effective.

But that’s all past. Let’s get some tiered, 60 day prebooked out virtual queues up in dis piece, eh?

And I’m sure the next few years with the “boom” economy is gonna result in lots of extra cash/investment. I’m waiting for someone named “Bob” to make a public statement to we fans and Wall Street that bigger, better, more comfortable and less monetized down to the 1/4 penny is coming...

👍🏻
Let's also stick Stitch into that list. Another not-quite-addition.

Miss Bella

They won’t

Hmmm...wonder if that’s a precursor to the next round of cancellations?
They want to keep people from canceling. Honestly I think there will be so many discounts in the future the cruise credit will be worthless. Two years is a long time to let Disney keep your money.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They want to keep people from canceling. Honestly I think there will be so many discounts in the future the cruise credit will be worthless. Two years is a long time to let Disney keep your money.
I would agree with the other cruise operators...but you know that Disney is priced differently.

Miss Bella

It is harder to price differently when the demand isn’t there and cruise demand is going to be down for a longtime.
I've gotten some of the best discounts on Disney in the past. There's no reason to book anything far out. Not only will demand be down, but we're going into a deep recession.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It is harder to price differently when the demand isn’t there and cruise demand is going to be down for a longtime.
Disney has a captive audience and 4 boats...that’s why their prices are 200% comparable.
I've gotten some of the best discounts on Disney in the past. There's no reason to book anything far out. Not only will demand be down, but we're going into a deep recession.
Elaborate?

...im curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom