Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Grain of salt indeed.

This is as anecdotal as the first results for Hydroxychloroquine. It needs vigorous testing. Until then, everyone should pretend that this changes nothing.
While it needs to be vetted, it would match up with how other corona viruses have evolved. The 2003 SARS outbreak for lack of a better term just died out. So it's not inconceivable that this would fit the pattern.

DisneyDebRob

While it needs to be vetted, it would match up with how other corona viruses have evolved. The 2003 SARS outbreak for lack of a better term just died out. So it's not inconceivable that this would fit the pattern.
With SARS, most human to human Infections occurred while in health care settings that lacked Infection control procedures. Once more robust procedures were put into place the infection ended.
Covid as we know transmit mostly from droplets, from coughing, sneezing in the mass population and a chance from touching contaminated surfaces then touching your face. So it’s much harder to control. This won’t just go away.

brianstl

With SARS, most human to human Infections occurred while in health care settings that lacked Infection control procedures. Once more robust procedures were put into place the infection ended.
Covid as we know transmit mostly from droplets, from coughing, sneezing in the mass population and a chance from touching contaminated surfaces then touching your face. So it’s much harder to control. This won’t just go away.
And SARS spread was easier to stop because there was not asymptotic carriers.

MrHappy

Fwiw, the only pre-show considered "legally necessary" is always FoP and, sometimes, Dinosaur (legal prefers guests watch it). The others can be skipped - and are skipped with regularity, either during special events, tours or for other reasons.

Even when high profile guests go to FoP they are forced to sit through the FoP preshows due to the safety information regarding the restraints contained therein.

So very possible/likely the others get skipped but they will find a way to make you watch the FoP pre-show.
Well that’s great, we all get sprayed with that anti parasite mist so it’s the safest place to be ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
MyMagic+ was pure idiocy. They expected people to be just as happy seeing Philharmagic as riding Haunted Mansion.

For 20 years, they didn't increase ride capacity as attendance went up like 50% or more.
Correct...

But I don’t think it had anything to do with their illusions. They didn’t have a choice because of the reason you pointed out...lack of reinvest.

Park stagnation is the #1 enemy of parks and always has been. And when they did almost NOTHING from 1999 to 2015....it overwhelmed their ability to run as an enjoyable park in many ways. The tiering was a the big giveaway. But it is other things as well.

The overall attendance from 2000 was around 44,000,000 a year...it rose to 54,000,000 in the mid 2010’s...when they closed as many things as they opened.

Numbers don’t work that way.

Fastpass+ is a necessity due to lack of supply. No other explanation really works. Especially “guest convenience”

disneygeek90

No they’re not, and not it’s not.

Preshows are part of the immersion, part of the story. Part of the experience.
I get that. I just don't personally enjoy most of theirs. Specifically Hagrid's and Gringotts, they shove so many people in the room that you can barely see or hear what's actually going on.

Maybe with less in the room that won't be a problem anymore, if they are indeed ran.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Can you point me to the Effects of Coronavirus on Pre-shows thread? ;)

Actually, that's on-topic! :D

It's everyone chiming in their pre-show tier list that's off.

If your post can be summarized by: "Oh, you just mentioned topic X, well, lemme tell you what I think about topic X...", then it's off-topic.

Don't mind that for most threads, but this one's already a beast. Give @The Mom a break! ;)

disneygeek90

If your post can be summarized by: "Oh, you just mentioned topic X, well, lemme tell you what I think about topic X...", then it's off-topic.

Don't mind that for most threads, but this one's already a beast. Give @The Mom a break! ;)
At least I mentioned that it would be more enjoyable with less crowds if they are ran!

The Mom

Premium Member

Why should people suddenly care about "giving me a break" now? :rolleyes:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This thread isn't about what's your favorite pre-show or your thumbs up or down on FP+.
It’s about general “unknown” with leisure that ALOT of people are obsessed about. That’s was gonna grow like weeds from the start. And here it is 25,000 posts later.

You request for “order” is appreciated...but unrealistic, No?
No that would be bad, I think.
The reason (speaking for me alone) that I commented on fastpass+ is this is the rare opportunity where customer feedback and actions may steer Disney’s new policies. The dial is somewhat “reset”

It’s an interesting scenario to bring it up. But if it’s “thanks, Dad...can you please hit me again?!?”...well that would be fitting too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom