Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I usually take a yearly river or coastal cruise (didn't schedule one for 2020 because of home repairs, which were completed before the shutdown, and remodeling might happen later this year), and although they are trying to entice me back, I haven't seen any real deals for 2021.
I’ve been on RCCL and Celebrity 6 times since 2014 (my last dcl)...but I always watch DCL and look into booking everytime. My bank account will say “yes” but my brain always vetos it.

I’ve made amateur study of DCL pricing “my thing”...one of many. What could go wrong?🤪

GoofGoof

Premium Member
View attachment 474309

Good news on the vaccine production numbers - that's most of the country. I seem to recall skepticism that the Moderna technology was a long shot, but sometimes longshots come through. Let's hope for good news.
Pfizer also said based on preliminary trials their vaccine could be ready as early as October. If you include the Oxford one that’s already been talked about a lot that’s 3 viable candidates with production ramped up prior to trials on the hope they work which could be ready by as early as the end of 2020. I think the goal is to include a handful more for mass production. Really unprecedented times. That never happens in vaccine development, it’s also why you can’t compare timelines for any past vaccine to today. With hot spots popping up in South America and Africa now there may be less of a concern for viable sites to test the vaccine too.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Gov. DeSantis moves most of Florida into Phase 2, starting Friday.

Movie theaters, bars, and concert halls can operate at 50% capacity.

Gyms and stores can be at full capacity.

Gatherings can be up to 50 people.

Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach not included yet.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Because numbers have been going down for the past 14 days as per the Federal guidelines?

Rate of positives...

1591203032051.png

1591203067425.png

As well as absolute numbers?...

1591203105518.png

Mainahman

This is very good news if your Disney then. Waiting is paying off.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Awesome now everyone who wants one will have an opportunity to get it.
Lol...they don’t know if any of them will work! You missed the part about production BEFORE trial.

It’s a good idea and hopefully it works...but they’re off the page here. They wouldn’t do this without the economics and politics of this situation.

Uncharted waters.

Again...have to go below skin with this to see the whole picture. Which means it’s gonna end badly.

lilypgirl

Lol...they don’t know if any of them will work! You missed the part about production BEFORE trial.

It’s a good idea and hopefully it works...but they’re off the page here. They wouldn’t do this without the economics and politics of this situation.

Uncharted waters.

Again...have to go below skin with this to see the whole picture. Which means it’s gonna end badly.
I am a hopeless optimistic .

DCBaker

Premium Member
Dollywood set to reopen to the general public on June 17th, with passholder exclusive days June 15/16.

Face masks/coverings will be required for all visitors ages 3+ (except while eating, on water park attractions and select coasters)

Season Passholder Reservations are required and date-based tickets will be available for general admission.

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 1.45.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 1.46.40 PM.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You should know those standards went out a month ago with the whole country.🙂

I've mentioned that before, but was told that the rate of positives was the number to watch. Which really wasn't going down in a meaningful way, but as long as it was a tiny bit less than two weeks ago, then it counts.

I'm watching it go up now.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I've mentioned that before, but was told that the rate of positives was the number to watch. Which really wasn't going down in a meaningful way, but as long as it was a tiny bit less than two weeks ago, then it counts.

I'm watching it go up now.
Rate of positive is a statistically relevant number assuming the testing info is accurate. There was at least one state that was taking the number positive and dividing that by a combination of the number of Covid tests performed to see if someone was actively contagious plus the number of antibody tests performed to see if someone was previously infected. That creates a much lower percent positive since the antibody test doesn’t tell you if you are actively infected. It was just padding the denominator.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Disney Standby Passes will be released in the App on an hourly basis, based on that day’s official park operating hours. Each Disney Standby Pass corresponds to a 60-minute interval for the guest to arrive at the Disney Standby Pass entrance. The quota for each day is limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. The final release of Disney Standby Passes is approximately two hours before the park’s announced closing time."

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Dollywood set to reopen to the general public on June 17th, with passholder exclusive days June 15/16.

Face masks/coverings will be required for all visitors ages 3+ (except while eating, on water park attractions and select coasters)

Season Passholder Reservations are required and date-based tickets will be available for general admission.

View attachment 474336

View attachment 474337
I remember back in April there was a lot of talk of Dollywood being the first larger scale park to open. It’s crazy how in a matter of weeks Universal and Seaworld jumped them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom