Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyLuv'r

I'm just saying it's possible that people would attempt it. There were people going to vacation homes to avoid stay-at-home orders.

Attempt what? I don't know what you mean.

Most folks fly into a city, then rent a car at their destination.

There's nothing nefarious about renting a car at a destination airport. That's why so many car rental counters were located in airports.

JoeCamel

If it's a PPP loan then it only becomes a grant if 75% of the loan goes to payroll costs. Under the scenario you're describing, I'm not sure they'd qualify for the grant if employees are forced to increase their contributions to their insurance coverage while the employer applies the loan proceeds to other items.
The SBA has said they will not audit loans under 2 million! Free money if you can get the loan, pigs at a trough I tell you.

Patcheslee

Attempt what? I don't know what you mean.

Most folks fly into a city, then rent a car at their destination.

There's nothing nefarious about renting a car at a destination airport. That's why so many car rental counters were located in airports.
Attempt driving from out of state with a rental car that has FL plate.

Lilofan

My husband's employer is making them use vacation days because "FMLA doesn't apply to small businesses". I'm to the point of calling the labor department on them because the extended FMLA is meant to cover them and cannot force them to use PTO where covid pay would apply.:mad:
You are right. There is a special amendment to FMLA called EFMLA to small business with less than 500 employees. That is if the application to the person's EFMLA gets approved.

celluloid

Exactly. As close to July 5-15th as possible(after the fourth to be sure) has been my educated guess because of that. It is after the rush of people that would have gone for the National/federal holiday, and it gives Disney more time to prepare for a profitable form of business while the Furlough is being paid for by the government until that July time.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
No it's not -- nobody wants a mob scene at any theme park just because it's an important public holiday. Nobody wants the next "Independence Day" film to be about a resurgence of pandemic because the population turned out en-mass to watch fireworks in a theme park.
I thought they were reopening without fireworks ?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No it's not -- nobody wants a mob scene at any theme park just because it's an important public holiday. Nobody wants the next "Independence Day" film to be about a resurgence of pandemic because the population turned out en-mass to watch fireworks in a theme park.
Since this pandemic started there’s been a lot more talk about the Spanish Flu 100 years ago. One of the stories that’s been shared over and over and over is how Philadelphia held a parade right before the 2nd wave broke out while other cities were still mostly locked down. The 2nd wave hit Philly really hard and the blame is put on that parade. No way Disney wants to be the punchline of a “lessons learned“ moment talked about for 100+ years.

Patcheslee

If it's a PPP loan then it only becomes a grant if 75% of the loan goes to payroll costs. Under the scenario you're describing, I'm not sure they'd qualify for the grant if employees are forced to increase their contributions to their insurance coverage while the employer applies the loan proceeds to other items.
The husband's employer has same one, and theirs isn't going to payroll
You are right. There is a special amendment to FMLA called EFMLA to small business with less than 500 employees. That is if the application to the person's EFMLA gets approved.
There isn't even an HR person, just the owner/boss who I'm not sure they even know what an FMLA application is or looks like since FMLA wasn't applicable to the business before.

Lilofan

The husband's employer has same one, and theirs isn't going to payroll

There isn't even an HR person, just the owner/boss who I'm not sure they even know what an FMLA application is or looks like since FMLA wasn't applicable to the business before.
You can print the FMLA application online at the Department of Labor website under - FMLA forms. Have your husband take it to his doctor to fill out.

Brooklin Disney Dad

You will know you are close to a start date when Disney brings back CMs for covid training. That includes parks, restaurants, hotel staff, drivers, etc. Someone will provide details about that. I am sure a helicopter will give us a photo of new entry tents, etc for testing. And training might be a week or two also. Until then, I would keep my money in my pocket and not book a trip only to be disappointed. I would also anticipate park hours to be minimized for proper cleaning every night.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Or if you are posh,
Sail your plague-ridden yatch down the coast .

Of course I'm P - O - S - H

1589497133643.png

Polynesia

Why is Disney any different than Silverwood, Efteling or Phantasialand that's all opening this month? They're not gonna screen/test everyone (Most likely wont even do tests), that's too expensive and not feasible.

The virus is here to stay, and I have bigger priorities on my fear list than COVID19.
If there’s an outbreak at Disney the media will crucify them. Plus all the nuts that will try to sue will be a pain. I’ve never heard of Silverwood, no offense, but that would be a mere blip on the news if it happened there. Disney sets a high standard where people feel safe. Maybe I should say they create the perception of safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom