Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToTBellHop

If there’s an outbreak at Disney the media will crucify them. Plus all the nuts that will try to sue will be a pain. I’ve never heard of Silverwood, no offense, but that would be a mere blip on the news if it happened there. Disney sets a high standard where people feel safe. Maybe I should say they create the perception of safety.
Disney will want to go above and beyond recommendations. If they require masks and take temperatures, they will be viewed as industry leaders.

Now, as the situation improves, restrictions will relax. The temperature check, of all things, is what I could see remaining permanently. You should never be in a huge crowd with a fever over 100.4.

Lilofan

I've personally been to Efteling and enjoy it better than WDW, in fact it's cheaper to go there too (even with flights included). I enjoy WDW's history and "Magical" feeling but I'll spend my money else where if they wont open or if i have to deal with ridiculous security theatre.

The other parks that are opening before WDW or Universal are setting the industry standards.
We would vacation in Orlando and WDW instead of Efteling in the Netherlands.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I've personally been to Efteling and enjoy it better than WDW, in fact it's cheaper to go there too (even with flights included). I like WDW's history and "Most Magical Place on Earth" feeling but I'll spend my money else where if they wont open or if i have to deal with ridiculous security theatre.
I think you should be prepared to spend your money elsewhere. WDW isn’t opening any time soon and when it does there are sure to be additional safety measures. The union agreement announced today included a requirement for both guests and CMs to wear masks and other social distancing measures. It‘s coming. The only question is whether or not they actually enforce the rules.

hopemax

Patcheslee

I've personally been to Efteling and enjoy it better than WDW, in fact it's cheaper to go there too (even with flights included). I like WDW's history and "Most Magical Place on Earth" feeling but I'll spend my money else where if they wont open or if i have to deal with ridiculous security theatre.

The other parks that are opening before WDW or Universal are setting the industry standards. So far Silverwood does not require mask to be worn.
Kentucky Kingdom has submitted plans as guests required to wear masks but don't have an opening date yet, Holiday World and Indiana Beach has opening dates but no mask policy published yet. Kings Island has no date or policy yet. Kinda all over the place up here :eek:

zengoth

Study concerning potential droplet spread during normal conversation. The headline is not the takeaway, because editors, so read the article :)

So, stay 6 feet away, wear a mask and please, no talking. (Wasn't there a horror movie like that?). It's not like I can understand you when you're wearing a mask anyway.

George

Liker of Things
Kentucky Kingdom has submitted plans as guests required to wear masks but don't have an opening date yet, Holiday World and Indiana Beach has opening dates but no mask policy published yet. Kings Island has no date or policy yet. Kinda all over the place up here :eek:
I would guess Holiday world will ditch the free soda and sunscreen. That’s too bad.

zengoth

The STCU agreement with WDW for reopening has some clarity for measures WDW will take upon reopening:
  • Plastic barriers and touchless transactions at cash registers

I wonder if this is more - swipe your own card (which i prefer, but the POP is sometimes not bolted to the counter) or if this is- you need to use a magic band or something like apple pay on your phone and that's the extent of all themepark transactions.

twall0415

When Disney cancelled our May DVC reservation we did not receive an email. It just disappeared from the dashboard.

They have been cancelling DVC reservations on a week by week basis. This happened for our mid April trip we had planned. The week before our reservation was when it was removed from our plans. I copied the below image from DVC's website memo which was last updated on April 24th.

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 9.59.00 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom