Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

icc2515

They have been cancelling DVC reservations on a week by week basis. This happened for our mid April trip we had planned. The week before our reservation was when it was removed from our plans. I copied the below image from DVC's website memo which was last updated on April 24th.

View attachment 470496
And do you feel that this is great customer service?. To cancel a reservation 1 week before the family was to arrive and not even send an email. We are paying for this poor customer service? Plus I am not sure that what DVCM is doing is legal. According to Florida.gov timeshares are excluded from the closure rule. And according to DVCM's contract with us they are to open as soon as possible. They are excluding DVC owners from using their own property. The longer they keep this up, the more problems we as owners will face in the future.

twall0415

And do you feel that this is great customer service?. To cancel a reservation 1 week before the family was to arrive and not even send an email. We are paying for this poor customer service? Plus I am not sure that what DVCM is doing is legal. According to Florida.gov timeshares are excluded from the closure rule. And according to DVCM's contract with us they are to open as soon as possible. They are excluding DVC owners from using their own property. The longer they keep this up, the more problems we as owners will face in the future.
I never said anything about it being positive or negative. I was just sharing some information I thought would be useful. I've seen a good number of people saying that their DVC reservations were still showing when regular resort reservations were canceled.

Personally, I didn't take it as poor member services. They have routinely sent me multiple updates and also an email when they announced the rolling cancellations going forward. I can definitely see how others can feel upset and that is a perfectly acceptable feeling to have. I do thing everything they are doing is legal. I think they are acting within their rights to keep the resorts closed as a result of safety. I can agree that this will cause a number of issues with inventory and availability moving forward. I don't think this is a solution that can be addressed until resorts begin opening back up and the full scope of the issues are seen.

icc2515

I never said anything about it being positive or negative. I was just sharing some information I thought would be useful. I've seen a good number of people saying that their DVC reservations were still showing when regular resort reservations were canceled.
Thanks for sharing that information. When you quoted my post I misunderstood and thought you were using DVC's message as a rational for them not sending cancellation emails.

pdude81

Dvc has said they are closed indefinitely and we all know our reservations are in jeopardy until am opening date is known. They let us (owners) know (via email) that we have the option to leave upcoming trips on the books and let them handle the cancellation and return of points to the appropriate use year, including unborrowing. That way you could roll the dice on reopening with little risk.The uncertainty sucks, but I think the policy is fair.

I had reservations for late June past July 4th and decided to cancel and rebook myself rather than roll the dice.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

1589521022180.png

1589520948420.png

Patcheslee

I would guess Holiday world will ditch the free soda and sunscreen. That’s too bad.
Unless they plan to modify the stations and have extra workers to get the drinks. Sunscreen they could almost get away with giving each guest an individual tube at the entrance but that cost more. Most theme parks here have self serve drink plans, so it won't be just them possibly impacted.

Seanual757

The FL Governor will announce today that Florida is ready for Phase 2 that could happen as soon as tomorrow (we enter PH2 or Monday). Phase 2 will green light the theme parks to open, Universal already submitted it's plans on how to operate, Disney got the union stuff out of the way. I fully expect Universal will open in June and Disney will have to follow.

JoeCamel

The FL Governor will announce today that Florida is ready for Phase 2 that could happen as soon as tomorrow (we enter PH2 or Monday). Phase 2 will green light the theme parks to open, Universal already submitted it's plans on how to operate, Disney got the union stuff out of the way. I fully expect Universal will open in June and Disney will have to follow.
In some form or another.

DisneyDebRob

Am I mistaken in thinking the theme parks were more of a phase 3?

Lexxweb

Here we go!

DisneyDebRob

Where are the phases actually listed? I'm only finding news reports and they are say different things. Large venues and sports areas at 50% but theme parks separate without a capacity given yet.
That’s what I thought also.Theme parks were always kept separate from the large venues.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What's coming? social distancing forever,? Why even bother going to WDW if you can't enjoy social interactions? I'll glady pass and enjoy having human interaction.
The masks are coming, along with social distancing. Nobody said social distancing would last forever, but it’s not going to go away any time soon at WDW. That’s what it takes to open the parks earlier. If you want a full re-openimg without restrictions that won’t happen anytime soon. I’m not thinking that would be a bad idea to just wait, but I know a lot of people are anxious to see it open under any restrictions as long as it’s open.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don’t think theme parks like Universal and WDW open as soon as we hit phase 2. The governor said they would still restrict rental houses to in state residents only in phase 2. I’m not sure how the theme parks open without guests. There is not enough demand from only FL residents to open WDW. Maybe a short soft opening of MK for FL only for a week or 2 prior to a full opening. They said on the earnings call they won‘t open the parks unless they can make money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom