Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What are virtual fireworks?

Web cam pointed at a sparkler.

1589405592327.gif

Polynesia

Right, before spending good money on it I did some research. Quest is using 2 different tests (here are the specifics: https://ir.questdiagnostics.com/pre...erform-COVID-19-Antibody-Testing/default.aspx)

"Abbott reports a 99.4% specificity for its antibody test, and EUROIMMUN AG is reporting a 98.5% to 99% specificity." and supposedly most of their test are the Aboot one (which showed 99.9% specificity in another study). Since you can't really do anything (individually) with the data and it's just for curiosity (and being part of a bigger data pool) thsoe were good enough numbers for me.
Thank you for the link. There’s a Quest just down the road from me so if I don’t hear back from NIH I’ll make an appointment to get it done there. 😀

DisneyDebRob

After perusing that site, my findings:
1. The site does not claim to have any insider info. Which then brings up the question: So, if they're reporting on rumors... where are they getting their rumors from?​
2. Looking at their articles labeled 'rumors,' there's not a lot of them and the ones that exist are only about only 50-60% correct. The info they put out is information which has been circling the blogosphere and repeating other people's articles, e.g., the perennial rumor of an Apple buyout of Disney from "analysts."​
3. The rumor of the quoted article above is just all surmisings based on what Shanghai and other theme parks are doing, and what Disney execs have thrown out as possibilities.​

In conclusion, its safe to ignore that web site if one is looking for insider info and not just the rumors and guesses of the Disney echo chamber, IMO.
What you just explained.. well sounds like the heart of most rumors. Most, not all, come from not that good of sources. Some that come from good sources, like a insider ,sometimes don’t happen,others that come from Bus drivers , sometimes do happen. It’s fun to banter things about though isn’t it? Especially when some of it makes sense.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What you just explained.. well sounds like the heart of most rumors. Most, not all, come from not that good of sources. Some that come from good sources, like a insider ,sometimes don’t happen,others that come from Bus drivers , sometimes do happen. It’s fun to banter things about though isn’t it? Especially when some of it makes sense.

This forum has quite a few people who are real insiders. They know the people in upper management who work for Disney or one of their third-party partners. And so, they have more than just rumor, they have insider information. I distinguish that from mere rumors because even though some of these members are anonymized behind a forum avatar (and some are not... we have a real name), they have a track record of being right.

What people would ordinarily call 'rumors' is info that gets spread anonymously such that you don't know the source. Is the rumor wishful fan thinking? Is it corrupted by a "game of telephone"? Is it old information that is never going to happen, but the rumor mill keeps is alive? Those are just rumors, not worth paying heed to.

But insider info is worth noting. And I do. ;)

DisneyDebRob

This forum has quite a few people who are real insiders. They know the people in upper management who work for Disney or one of their third-party partners. And so, they have more than just rumor, they have insider information. I distinguish that from mere rumors because even though some of these members are anonymized behind a forum avatar (and some are not... we have a real name), they have a track record of being right.

What people would ordinarily call 'rumors' is info that gets spread anonymously such that you don't know the source. Is the rumor wishful fan thinking? Is it corrupted by a "game of telephone"? Is it old information that is never going to happen, but the rumor mill keeps is alive? Those are just rumors, not worth paying heed to.

But insider info is worth noting. And I do. ;)
Agreed. You are the rumormonger.🙂

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Some are anxious to get back because the unemployment system [in Florida] is completely broken," Clinton said. On May 20, only sub-contracted shops will be open in the Disney Springs shopping and dining complex. The next phase will start seven days later when Disney retail shops, such as World of Disney Store, and Disney eateries reopen, the union president said. For that, an additional 59 custodians will report back to work on May 24. "

natatomic

"Some are anxious to get back because the unemployment system [in Florida] is completely broken," Clinton said. On May 20, only sub-contracted shops will be open in the Disney Springs shopping and dining complex. The next phase will start seven days later when Disney retail shops, such as World of Disney Store, and Disney eateries reopen, the union president said. For that, an additional 59 custodians will report back to work on May 24. "

Man, if I could go back in time, I’d go back to March and buy as many shares of plexiglass companies as I could afford.

DCBaker

Premium Member

007mickey

I’m sure that’s the reason, still not good enough for me. 🙂

A little off topic here but if you haven't ever heard Jerry Seinfeld do his stand up bit on the stalls to the floor, you're missing out. Coincidentally, George Costanza actually ponders this very question on an episode (The Postponement) back in the day. Okay, back to regular programming.

JoeCamel

Also, for Land & Sea-ers, the current plan is to offer only 3- and 4-nighters from Canaveral, potentially only stopping at Castaway. This is thought to be the best way to prevent spread of disease and denied disembarkation. Every stop in a true port is risky.

I think Norwegian has the same plan. They almost were out of the business altogether but they found funding that will allow reopening when it is time.

And makers of miniature greenhouses... :D

View attachment 470320

And what about threesomes or poly relationships? Seems like a bit of discrimination to me.

Polynesia

[/QUOTE]
You’d think stopping in the Keys would also be ok since its US soil. Of course, that applies only to the Magic and Wonder due to size restrictions.

JoeCamel

You’d think stopping in the Keys would also be ok since its US soil. Of course, that applies only to the Magic and Wonder due to size restrictions.
[/QUOTE]
The Conch's have other ideas, they closed it off and want it kept that way til it is gone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom