Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You’d think stopping in the Keys would also be ok since its US soil. Of course, that applies only to the Magic and Wonder due to size restrictions.

Since the ships are registered with the Bahamas, then any Disney ship would have to touch a foreign port between U.S. ports. So a DCL leaving Canaveral or Miami would have to stop at their Bahamian island (or some other foreign port) before and after their stop at the Keys.

castlecake2.0

Since the ships are registered with the Bahamas, then any Disney ship would have to touch a foreign port between U.S. ports. So a DCL leaving Canaveral or Miami would have to stop at their Bahamian island (or some other foreign port) before and after their stop at the Keys.

When I worked on the Wonder we would leave Port Canaveral and dock at Key West the next day, it was the best itinerary because it meant we got US phone service all night.

ToTBellHop

I think it’s before OR after. I’ve been on a cruise from Miami to Key West, then Cozumel, then back. I’m going on one in 2022 from NYC to Canaveral and then Nassau, Coco Cay, and back to NYC.

Regardless, the goal is to limit ports. Very few guests will complain about staying at sea rather than calling in Nassau.

Calmdownnow

My kids had a bad rash 6 weeks after we all had Covid-19. Didn’t know what it was at the time.
Hope the kids are well now.

But the new info now about childrens' symptoms just shows how much information we still need to gather about how this virus affects people rather than swallowing sound bites about how it's only the old or ill who are affected. It may also explain why the disease spread widely when we had systems where people were only designated and treated as COVID-infected if they had respiratory symptoms, but in reality there was a broader spectrum of symptoms caused by the infection.

Phil12

That how they got the King. Elvis was found in his bathroom.
Even Elvis knew the importance of face masks:

1589421550296.png

ToTBellHop

But the new info now about childrens' symptoms just shows how much information we still need to gather about how this virus affects people rather than swallowing sound bites about how it's only the old or ill who are affected. It may also explain why the disease spread widely when we had systems where people were only designated and treated as COVID-infected if they had respiratory symptoms, but in reality there was a broader spectrum of symptoms caused by the infection.
They’re fine, now, but it was a wild ride for us. Very strange illness. I actually had the flu in December and found it, overall, to be more miserable. Covid just had bizarre symptoms. Unlike any respiratory illness I’ve ever had.

ToTBellHop

I don't know if you have shared your COVID experience earlier in the thread and I missed the post, but could you share your experiences about the bizarre symptoms you experiences that weren't the sound bite respiratory symptoms?
-Fever was around 100 (about 5 days)
-Sore throat for 6 days
-Tons of thick mucus in my throat (thus sore throat) but no nasal congestion
-sporadic cough (not severe)
-shortness of breath, but I’m reasonably healthy, so not dangerous. I can usually work out for an hour and a half. With Covid, if I walked 15 min, I was gasping like I had run 5 miles
-bad headache
-lightheadedness and dizziness
-muscle and body aches
-serious fatigue
-chills
-clammy
-reduced appetite and sense of taste

Wife came down with it 2 days after me, then the boys had a much milder version. 6 weeks later, the boys had a rash for a week but no fever. Pediatrician suggested it was Fifth Disease (over phone; no office calls), but they had no fever with the rash and hadn’t been near anyone else. Also, they had already had Fifth Disease. Now, word is spreading of this inflammatory condition seen in kids 4-6 weeks after contracting Covid, so I imagine that’s actually what happened here.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
-Sore throat for 6 days
-shortness of breath, but I’m reasonably healthy, so not dangerous. I can usually work out for an hour and a half. With Covid, if I walked 15 min, I was gasping like I had run 5 miles
-bad headache
-muscle and body aches
-serious fatigue
-chills
-clammy

Wife came down with it 2 days after me, then the boys had a much milder version. 6 weeks later, the boys had a rash for a week but no fever. Pediatrician suggested it was Fifth Disease (over phone; no office calls), but they had no fever with the rash and hadn’t been near anyone else. Also, they had already had Fifth Disease. Now, word is spreading of this inflammatory condition seen in kids 4-6 weeks after contracting Covid, so I imagine that’s actually what happened here.
Thank you. Glad to hear you all recovered well. Do you mind sharing what you did/take to help alleviate your symptoms?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
-Sore throat for 6 days
-bad headache
-muscle and body aches
-serious fatigue
-chills
-clammy

Was your headache pretty much constant? I had your symptoms from shortness of breath down in late February/early March that was flu negative (well before we knew about how serious this could get in the US). Doctor thought it was a bad head cold triggered by allergies but it was nothing like I’ve ever had allergy wise. I felt like a truck had hit me and I was just a walking zombie. I was out of breath walking from my parking deck to my office, and just wanted to sleep when I got home.

Calmdownnow

-shortness of breath, but I’m reasonably healthy, so not dangerous. I can usually work out for an hour and a half. Recently, if I walked 15 min, I was gasping like I had run 5 miles
The whole list of symptoms sounds horrendous and I only picked out the quote above because you compared your fitness before to your condition during the infection. I think it puts into perspective a lot of the commentary that implies it's only serious if you end up in ICU, so get lucky, get mildly infected and acquire anti-bodies. but you may not be hospitalized and still have some very nasty symptoms in the family.

techgeek

These are the things that give me serious pause. There is so much we don’t know, especially about ‘asymptotic’ individuals and long term effects of the virus on the body. I think it’s highly probable there are always measurable impacts, just maybe not the obvious symptoms. Those unknowns are part of why I have never been able to buy into the ‘herd immunity’ / ‘everyone is going to get it anyway’ crowd... If we have the possibility of delaying most people getting the infection until we have a vaccine, and it seems we do, then that seems the least risky path by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom