Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Reports of these symptoms in kids have exploded since the report was published.

Exploded??? 85 cases, and did you even read past the first paragraph of that article? "No deaths in the U.S. have been reported but a (as in 1) boy died in the U.K." and read the second to last paragraph. "In general, families do not need to be worried about this".

These articles are always the same. The headline and first few paragraphs are absolutely terrifying, and then as it goes on, it becomes clear that it's not anything as bad as what the original title suggests.

Rider

Pretty much everything on this planet is riskier to kids than Covid.

We don't know that yet. That's the problem. Is it a rare side effect? Maybe. Is it a previously unreported or misdiagnosed issue? Maybe.
Let’s think about your situation. Do you live alone or with others? Have you been in a work environment for any period of time? If so, and you and your co-workers haven’t shown symptoms you’re probably fine. You can’t get tested unless with symptoms (although localities may vary on this.) If you were to visit them drive straight there unless you have to visit a rest area then wear a mask. I bring all this up because that is what I’m doing this weekend.

We are very similar situations. Indeed it would probably be fine for me and I probably don't have Covid. However doing my trip would require me to stop for the night somewhere near Atlanta which although probably fine wasn't worth the risk for me. I'll Facetime my mom instead.

Rider

Exploded??? 85 cases, and did you even read past the first paragraph of that article? "No deaths in the U.S. have been reported but a (as in 1) boy died in the U.K." and read the second to last paragraph. "In general, families do not need to be worried about this".

These articles are always the same. The headline and first few paragraphs are absolutely terrifying, and then as it goes on, it becomes clear that it's not anything as bad as what the original title suggests.
From 0 to 85 in a week.

And way to miss the rest of the discussion. The article was from earlier before the first US death which was the first article I posted.

JohnD

We don't know that yet. That's the problem. Is it a rare side effect? Maybe. Is it a previously unreported or misdiagnosed issue? Maybe.

We are very similar situations. Indeed it would probably be fine for me and I probably don't have Covid. However doing my trip would require me to stop for the night somewhere near Atlanta which although probably fine wasn't worth the risk for me. I'll Facetime my mom instead.

Yeah.Stopping overnight would be an issue. My drive is only 2.5 hours.

DisneyDebRob

Can’t go wrong with FaceTime. Being a bit more cautious when it comes to parents I think is the right move at this time.

HongKongFooy

10 years ago in- law tells me he's taking his 5 year old to get finger printed 8 miles away to a nearby city by driving on the 680 freeway(Bay Area, California)
He tells me "you never know when some crazy stranger out there will try and kidnap Daryl.....it happens to kids all the time."

This parent subjected his son to a greater risk of death and mutilation by driving him on the freeway to the finger printing and scanning center than the risk of some random freak out there abducting his son.

People do not think rationally.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
You really need to stop ignoring what we do know.

that deaths for children in the US are in single digits? That the vast majority of children who become infected are asymptomatic? Taking children to WDW once it opens would not even register an increase in risk for them. Again, the real risk is kids spreading it to the sick and elderly. Stop fear mongering.

Rider

that deaths for children in the US are in single digits? That the vast majority of children who become infected are asymptomatic? Taking children to WDW once it opens would not even register an increase in risk for them. Again, the real risk is kids spreading it to the sick and elderly. Stop fear mongering.

WE DON'T KNOW THAT.

All of a sudden we have kids in the hospital with new symptoms. This is happening world wide. And 1 in 85 have died in the United States. We don't know yet why or how this is happening.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
WE DON'T KNOW THAT.

All of a sudden we have kids in the hospital with new symptoms. This is happening world wide. And 1 in 85 have died in the United States. We don't know yet why or how this is happening.

You’re guessing and making presumptions. I’m looking at the data. Again. Stop fear mongering and accusing people of putting their children at risk if they are going to take their children to WDW once it opens. It is not accurate and a horrible thing to say.

Rider

You’re guessing and making presumptions. I’m looking at the data. Again. Stop fear mongering and accusing people of putting their children at risk if they are going to take their children to WDW once it opens. It is not accurate and a horrible thing to say.

The data we have says 1 in 85 kids with these symptoms have died.

Rider

so you are going to ignore all the kids who tested positive for Covid-19, did not get this syndrome, and had no further issues, did not die?
Again, we don't know that yet. How many ended up with these symptoms and have not been reported yet because this is only being talked about this week?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Well, it's been reported that WDW reservations can now only be made for July 1st and later.

Edit: This has been released early to travel agents

Interestingly enough, when you go to look at tickets, this pops up -

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 6.20.45 PM.png

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Again, we don't know that yet. How many ended up with these symptoms and have not been reported yet because this is only being talked about this week?

You have created the ultimate circular argument. Ok, if deaths in children spike from single digits to thousands overnight, I will come back here and apologize. In the meantime, you should apologize to people for accusing them of putting their children’s lives at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom