Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

easyrowrdw

that deaths for children in the US are in single digits? That the vast majority of children who become infected are asymptomatic? Taking children to WDW once it opens would not even register an increase in risk for them. Again, the real risk is kids spreading it to the sick and elderly. Stop fear mongering.

Even that still seems to be a low risk. https://www.vox.com/2020/5/2/21241636/coronavirus-children-kids-spread-transmit-switzerland and https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01354-0 have nice rundowns.

We'll see how things go in the schools that are opening soon.

Last edited:

Rider

You have created the ultimate circular argument. Ok, if deaths in children spike from single digits to thousands overnight, I will come back here and apologize. In the meantime, you should apologize to people for accusing them of putting their children’s lives at risk.
When did I say that?

Kevin_W

It was just 3 months ago when people were saying the same things about Covid in general (see page 1 of this thread). That it was only old people. Now in the US we've seen people in their 40s, 30s, 20s, teens and younger get sick and die.

Sure, but mortality is still mostly with older people. Here are Ohio's stats for total # of deaths, which match the national/global figures pretty well:

1588976681054.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Context matters.
well. Someone said bringing a child to WDW once they reopen is risking their lives. Which, when is comes to Covid, isn’t accurate.
I have no interest to argue about this. There’s information out there, everyone is free to absorb it and draw whatever conclusion they want. I hope that when WDW opens there are no issues and nobody gets sick. Then we can back to arguing about important stuff like AC in the gondolas and Characters in EPCOT :)

Kevin_W

These articles are always the same. The headline and first few paragraphs are absolutely terrifying, and then as it goes on, it becomes clear that it's not anything as bad as what the original title suggests.

I have developed the innate response that when I read "may " or "could" in a headline I mentally substitute "may not" or "could not", because that is an equally valid headline.

Sundown

The social distancing aspect is going to be so hard to handle.

Even now when you go to a supermarket they TRY To manage it, with arrows on the ground indicating each aisle is only one direction. This would allow for the most part, easier distancing between you and the person ahead of you.

But, no one follows the arrows. People go up and down the aisles as they please. And apparently think that wearing a mask means you don't have to follow social distancing.

I can't really be too mad at this, as it's difficult to break habits. You can't just move single-file in a supermarket to but things. You dwell in one area, you forget something and go back to another, etc.

corsairk09

I have no interest to argue about this. There’s information out there, everyone is free to absorb it and draw whatever conclusion they want. I hope that when WDW opens there are no issues and nobody gets sick. Then we can back to arguing about important stuff like AC in the gondolas and Characters in EPCOT :)
I agree. The debates make me sad. We are all just trying to manage our family's happiness, health and well-being. I hope everyone scheduled for this summer gets to take their families and have a magical trip.

wishiwere@wdw

We are booked the week of June 7th and haven’t heard anything just yet. Being local, it’s not a big deal. Originally it was a staycation for end of school year and one last hurrah for my senior but maybe we’ll be able to do something in July if they do cancel us.

Touchdown

Well when it comes to pass, means my AP will be extended to the end of January, which means hopefully another Festival of the Arts Vacation.

My next trip booked is October, we’ll see if that happens.

milordsloth

They "flipped the switch" tonight about 6pm Eastern or so. One minute I could see resorts available in June, the next, they were all unavailable, although the DVC system seems to be a bit different.

One theory is they waited until after market close.

Very Interesting. I made that reservation more as a shoot-for-the-stars gamble haha, I guess I'll aim for July now.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"We’ve announced a phased reopening of Disney Springs area at Walt Disney World Resort, starting May 20. As a reminder, the rest of Walt Disney World and Disneyland theme parks and resort hotels, as well as the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort, are currently closed, and a reopening date has not been identified. For guests who are interested in modifying their existing travel dates or making a new reservation for a future vacation, reservations are currently available for arrival dates July 1, 2020, and later. As always, Guests are able to modify these bookings subject to availability if Walt Disney World or Disneyland theme parks and resort hotels open before or after that time.

Offers and Ticket
For guests who are interested in modifying their existing travel dates or making a new reservation for a future vacation, reservations are currently available for arrival dates July 1, 2020 and later.

At Walt Disney World Resort, guests wishing to make new reservations can save up to 25% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels for stays most nights through August 31, 2020, when they book through August 31, 2020."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom