Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patcheslee

"We’ve announced a phased reopening of Disney Springs area at Walt Disney World Resort, starting May 20. As a reminder, the rest of Walt Disney World and Disneyland theme parks and resort hotels, as well as the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort, are currently closed, and a reopening date has not been identified. For guests who are interested in modifying their existing travel dates or making a new reservation for a future vacation, reservations are currently available for arrival dates July 1, 2020, and later. As always, Guests are able to modify these bookings subject to availability if Walt Disney World or Disneyland theme parks and resort hotels open before or after that time.

Offers and Ticket
For guests who are interested in modifying their existing travel dates or making a new reservation for a future vacation, reservations are currently available for arrival dates July 1, 2020 and later.

At Walt Disney World Resort, guests wishing to make new reservations can save up to 25% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels for stays most nights through August 31, 2020, when they book through August 31, 2020."

This may be the hopefully me, but maybe they are looking at the current June bookings and have an ideal amount to open some with limited capacity by blocking how many stay on property?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
So, my plan to open up the economy by putting children to work now seems in jeopardy...

now I know who you are...

1588982761026.jpeg

AA1984

New to the forum and I am not sure if this is the proper place to ask the question, but it definitely correlates to the COVID situation...
We had a trip planned for the last full week of March, which ultimately was cancelled due to the closures. We have 4 children, the youngest of which is 2 and he turns 3 in June. We have rescheduled the trip for October (we rented DVC points and did not have the option of a refund). Since we are travelling in October, do I need to purchase a ticket for my youngest since he will now be 3 at the date of travel?

Lilofan

"We’ve announced a phased reopening of Disney Springs area at Walt Disney World Resort, starting May 20. As a reminder, the rest of Walt Disney World and Disneyland theme parks and resort hotels, as well as the Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort, are currently closed, and a reopening date has not been identified. For guests who are interested in modifying their existing travel dates or making a new reservation for a future vacation, reservations are currently available for arrival dates July 1, 2020, and later. As always, Guests are able to modify these bookings subject to availability if Walt Disney World or Disneyland theme parks and resort hotels open before or after that time.

Offers and Ticket
For guests who are interested in modifying their existing travel dates or making a new reservation for a future vacation, reservations are currently available for arrival dates July 1, 2020 and later.

At Walt Disney World Resort, guests wishing to make new reservations can save up to 25% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels for stays most nights through August 31, 2020, when they book through August 31, 2020."

25% percent off resort hotel rooms , but what about if the resort pools are closed for covid? Makes that "upgraded" hotel room pool view location not worth the price..

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This may be the hopefully me, but maybe they are looking at the current June bookings and have an ideal amount to open some with limited capacity by blocking how many stay on property?
If they had plans to limit capacity at the resorts themselves too that’s a possibility. They could also open the reservations again if they decide to open in June to fill any open capacity.

Chi84

Premium Member
New to the forum and I am not sure if this is the proper place to ask the question, but it definitely correlates to the COVID situation...
We had a trip planned for the last full week of March, which ultimately was cancelled due to the closures. We have 4 children, the youngest of which is 2 and he turns 3 in June. We have rescheduled the trip for October (we rented DVC points and did not have the option of a refund). Since we are travelling in October, do I need to purchase a ticket for my youngest since he will now be 3 at the date of travel?
You’ll probably get a variety of answers here, but I would email your question directly to Disney and see what they advise. My bet is they’ll say you won’t need to buy a ticket. And I don’t think you should have to since it’s not your fault you were unable to go in March. I think this kind of thing is the least of their worries right now.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Further update:

Wording that implies further cancellations expected in June:
Disney has been regularly notifying Guests whose Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resort hotel bookings are being impacted by our temporary closures, letting them know they may modify or cancel their Disney Resort hotel reservations or Walt Disney Travel Company packages. Disney is asking Guests who didn’t book directly with Disney to call their Travel Professional. We expect that this notification process will continue one week at a time, including any potential reservations cancelled in June 2020.

Phil12

Hypertension is pretty easy to control with medication. It’s also pretty easy to find out if you have it.
But even if it is properly treated, it is still a major risk factor. Diabetes is also a serious risk factor. If diabetes is properly treated it still remains a major risk factor. Any disease that involves the endocrine system is an automatic comorbidity with COVID-19.

tonymu

Premium Member
The Disney Website still shows park hours for June. As mentioned above maybe they are trying to keep June attendance low by limiting attendance to only those that already have a reservation and not any new ones. They will then allow new reservations in July when they plan to go with larger attendance.

TrojanUSC

The Disney Website still shows park hours for June. As mentioned above maybe they are trying to keep June attendance low by limiting attendance to only those that already have a reservation and not any new ones. They will then allow new reservations in July when they plan to go with larger attendance.

They were showing park hours for May as of two days ago. They are cancelling week by week.

Miss Bella

These new symptoms were first published a few days ago from cases seen in mid April. https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S0140-6736(20)31094-1 Too soon to know anything for sure.

I shared my story about not being willing to risk a cross country trip to my parents/grandparents not because I am afraid of catching Covid personally but because I am scared of passing it to them and the fear of unbearable guilt if the worst happened.

It's a legitimate question. How much are people willing to risk their loved ones safety to go to Disney World.

I've already lost two family members to COVID-19. I couldn't help them but I am also lucky that I don't blame myself for their deaths. That is more than enough, thank you.
I'm sorry for your loss. It's was the way the question was phrased that was inflammatory. I've lost two family members in a car accident, but it doesn't' stop me from taking road trips with my kids. The risk of dying from COVID is extremely low so it the risk of dying in a car accident.

You do the best you can to mitigate risks when you travel, but there are no guarantees in life.

Miss Bella

Let's hope that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom