Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

George

Liker of Things
Hate to be that guy, but as the first post on this thread doesn't show any information itself, and theres 1000 pages on this thread, I have no other way of finding this out, so I have to choice but to ask.

What's the general consensus on what disney will probably do about the coronavirus?

They've already developed a coronavirus killing chemical that will be distributed via refreshing cooling mists throughout the property. Right now they are working on refining the one side effect which affects the frontal temporal lobe and causes one to purchase the newly developed super deluxe dining plan which features 5 table service meals and 7 snacks per day.

DisneyDebRob

They've already developed a coronavirus killing chemical that will be distributed via refreshing cooling mists throughout the property. Right now they are working on refining the one side effect which affects the frontal temporal lobe and causes one to purchase the newly developed super deluxe dining plan which features 5 table service meals and 7 snacks per day.
I believe purchasing every hard ticket event during your stay was also confirmed during testing but I think they are going to leave that in the mist.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Hate to be that guy, but as the first post on this thread doesn't show any information itself, and theres 1000 pages on this thread, I have no other way of finding this out, so I have to choice but to ask.

What's the general consensus on what disney will probably do about the coronavirus?

Here, in this hostile world, is where our story began. We were alone, struggling to survive until we learned, er, tried to communicate with one another. Long beyond the dawn of recorded time, I wrote that post. Remember how easy it was to read about Coronavirus and Walt Disney World? Thank Parker.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

Oooh, I'm afraid I do. Granted, it's just one loser boyfriend of an extended family member, but hey if even I know one...
Yeah, I'm sure my sister's ex-husband is finding a means to milk this for everything he can. He's a complete sleazebag...and the girl he just bought a house with (conveniently only in his name) is totally unaware that he's already started doing the same thing to her that he did to my sister.

Polynesia

The Disney Magic, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy were all in port yesterday. Truly a rare occasion to be able to see all three ships docked by each other. Rumor has it Disney Magic is headed to Europe to drop off crew members. The other two ships will also be doing this.

Attachments

• 960F6E31-5429-4213-ABD1-B6BADCBADF14.jpeg
    960F6E31-5429-4213-ABD1-B6BADCBADF14.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 3D9DDA4A-EB40-437E-86C6-E5D98D18F689.jpeg
    3D9DDA4A-EB40-437E-86C6-E5D98D18F689.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 12802366-523A-4BAF-B1DD-E3302BB89D53.jpeg
    12802366-523A-4BAF-B1DD-E3302BB89D53.jpeg
    147.5 KB · Views: 91

Lilofan

The Disney Magic, Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy were all in port yesterday. Truly a rare occasion to be able to see all three ships docked by each other. Rumor has it Disney Magic is headed to Europe to drop off crew members. The other two ships will also be doing this.
Thanks for the pictures! I heard the crews was denied entry to Florida so the crews of all the cruise ships docked at port are living in the ships for the last several weeks.

Polynesia

Thanks for the pictures! I heard the crews was denied entry to Florida so the crews of all the cruise ships docked at port are living in the ships for the last several weeks.
I’m glad they’re finally going to start taking them home. All three ships were docked next to each other. I wonder if they did some crew shuffling depending where they needed to be dropped off

castlecake2.0

DCL will survive, can't say that all DCL cast will make it through.
Onboard ship there isn’t much labour that can be cut, we all have multiple duties many involving safety. Shoreside roles however...
the magic will be taking crew to Europe and the Fantasy to the Caribbean. The Dream will still have crew onboard that aren’t able to go home yet/essential staff. Luckily I was debarked at the start of April and was able to make it back to Canada. I work in merchandise on board and we still have a few people from that department remaining on board that have essential roles.

*my views and not that of TWDC*

Lilofan

Onboard ship there isn’t much labour that can be cut, we all have multiple duties many involving safety. Shoreside roles however...

the magic will be taking crew to Europe and the Fantasy to the Caribbean. The Dream will still have crew onboard that aren’t able to go home yet/essential staff. Luckily I was debarked at the start of April and was able to make it back to Canada. I work in merchandise on board and we still have a few people from that department remaining on board that have essential roles.

I'm referring to the cast who work at the terminal, Magical Express and admin duties. Yes, plenty of shoreside cast..

Polynesia

I’m glad you were able to return home safely.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"The limited construction marks the first step toward ramping up work at the Disneyland resort as Disney prepares for the eventual reopening of its Anaheim theme parks.

The skeleton crews will be weather protecting the Avengers Campus project at Disney California Adventure and receiving steel deliveries for the Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway dark ride at Disneyland. The work crews at the Anaheim parks will include some Disneyland employees, Walt Disney Imagineering staffers and third-party contractors."

jinx8402

Since they announced Singapore Disney opening roughly a week before, does tell us anything about how much notice we can expect for WDW?

Probably a week. But keep in mind that there were reports and photos/videos of Disney prepping and testing things for a few weeks prior to the announcement. So, it looks to be about 2-3 week lead time of when we start seeing things to when they might open.

Also makes sense that they are cancelling 3-4 weeks in advance, on a rolling cancellation. Once they start prepping to open we may see them stop cancelling 3 weeks out reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom