Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Hotels in the International Drive area where tourists and convention guests stay are housing homeless men that have tested positive for Covid19. One of the hotels is a Best Western.
Who pays for the room? The county? Obviously not the homeless guys.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Correct. Orange County taxpayers paying the bill.
Makes sense. The hotels are facing a tough uphill battle for a while I guess they look at as good money they don’t want to turn down. For the county it’s probably a good negotiated rate and cheaper than building temporary shelters. Seems like a win/win. I hope they plan to do a deep cleaning before they cut back over to a hotel.

Calmdownnow

Hotels in the International Drive area where tourists and convention guests stay are housing homeless men that have tested positive for Covid19.
Seems like a very sensible solution -- hotels can get some income, core staff stay employed, rooms are kept active (cleaned, air conditioned, plumbing doesn't develop airlocks etc) and infections are reduced because positive homeless are isolated and not on the streets. I'm sure deep cleaning will take place as rooms are vacated. I hope that as well as being accommodated, other services are being made available to the homeless people, including medical and mental health support as necessary.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm late to the party but people are now boycotting Costco for requiring everyone to wear masks. The entitlement of these people.

So the Open Now movement has its meme that any restrictions is just GIVING IN TO FEAR!!!

Umm... yes. Fear of death. In the U.S., about 80,000 so far. And when you exclude NY -- which at one time, the Open Now movement wanted to do so that its large numbers stop making the whole of the U.S. look bad -- the rest of the country's cases are still climbing. That's something worth fearing.

And absent a vaccine, a projected 750,000 to 1,000,000 million deaths is worth fearing.

I wonder what it's like to be these people without fear of death for themselves or their family members.

ToTBellHop

The situation in America:

5C0C19DA-4650-4AE9-815F-863FAB0B9040.jpeg

I wouldn't be mad if handshakes were never a thing ever again. Kinda silly way to greet people of you think about it.

My favorite is the way people in Afghanistan greet each other, by placing their hand over their heart and nodding with eye contact.
When we have the worldwide referendum on what will greeting should replace the handshake this might be my front runner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom