Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Where I live (Panhandle), you can drive up and get tested, no questions asked. No issues for people to get tested here. Not possible to increase tests performed if the demand isn't there. I don't know how many people want a test in Florida and can't get one, but the reported results are definitely good news. We need the results to continue trending in a positive direction however, especially since we just entered Phase 1 yesterday. Next couple of weeks will be more telling.
Hopefully the number who want a test but can’t get one is approaching zero. It has to be for re-opening to work. Having a very low positive percentage is a good sign that it probably is.

I think it will take a little longer than a week or two before we will know if there is any spike from re-opening things. Probably closer to a month. That’s a really crucial time where testing needs to be widely available and contact tracing needs to be in place to avoid a hot spot or outbreak.

Polynesia

Hopefully the number who want a test but can’t get one is approaching zero. It has to be for re-opening to work. Having a very low positive percentage is a good sign that it probably is.

I think it will take a little longer than a week or two before we will know if there is any spike from re-opening things. Probably closer to a month. That’s a really crucial time where testing needs to be widely available and contact tracing needs to be in place to avoid a hot spot or outbreak.
I hate to say this but this is probably why Disney won’t open June 1. They need to see that the rates don’t spike. I could be totally wrong. All indications coming from Disney and Universal don’t appear that they want to be the first out of the gate.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Me, too. It’s been reported that Florida on many days have more tests than people who want to be tested. That shows the demand is being met. They plan to ramp up more testing sites as businesses continue to open so employers can send their employees to be tested if needed.
The idea is to test and trace those who have come in close contact with the virus...it’s not the drive Thru at Chick-fil-A...

What does “demand” really have to do with it?

lisa12000

Well - lovely to see that in the midst of the lockdown the guy that modelled 100,000s of deaths which changed government policies across the globe had his married loved over twice to break lockdown rules in the uk.... do as we say not as we do I guess... makes tot wonder how seriously he does take it as at the time he’d only just recovered from virus symptoms himself...

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's what to expect in Shanghai -

EXSE4o8WkAAC2j4.jpeg

note2001

Still too vague to determine much other than they are looking into using the play disney app to help social distancing? What? I'm not keeping a game going on my phone to drain my battery so that it can potentially yell at us when too many people are in an area. That's what eyeballs are made for. They might as well install shock technology in our magic bands if we're too close to anyone other than a person we're connected to on MDE.

Polynesia

The idea is to test and trace those who have come in close contact with the virus...it’s not the drive Thru at Chick-fil-A...

What does “demand” really have to do with it?
Demand has everything to do with it. You stated not enough people were being tested in Florida. If the demand is low how are they going to get to the testing numbers that you seem to think are appropriate? You said the positivity numbers should be based on more tests. Should Florida force people to get tested so there’s a larger testing base? I agree that trace testing will be very important. Let some of us enjoy the good news coming out of Florida 🙂

DCBaker

Premium Member
More info on what to expect at Shanghai -

"On May 11, the majority of Shanghai Disneyland’s attractions, rides, some shows and shopping and dining locations will resume operations, with controlled attendance. Some interactive attractions and experiences, such as children play areas, and theater shows will remain closed. Guests can check the availability of attractions and entertainment through the resort’s official website and app.

To accommodate social distancing, parades and nighttime spectaculars will also return at a later date. During the initial reopening phase, a special Disney character procession, Mickey and Friends Express, will take place several times daily, and the Enchanted Storybook Castle will come to life with light and music at dusk each day with Evening Magical Moments. Beloved Disney characters will appear in the park in a new way, as they make appearances in each of the themed lands, greeting and welcoming everyone back to Shanghai Disneyland. Close interaction and close-up photos with characters will be suspended during the initial phase of reopening.

The frequency of sanitization measures will be increased in order to augment the standards of cleanliness already in place throughout the park, and hand sanitizers will be available at attractions, restaurant and stores.

The resort looks forward to recognizing and celebrating medical professionals who helped make our reopening possible at an appropriate time in the near future."

Masks will be required for guests, except when dining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom