Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

electric

I am still thinking 6/1 soft opening to guests staying on property this allows them to track the guests movements you can limit the amount of guests at the parks and she how crowd levels are. Give the soft opening a 14-21 day test this could be an estimated 25% capacity, and then open to APH and FL residents.

The Orange County's opening plan might give us some insight on when the county will allow them in what phase. It's a fine line both safety and sinking the local economy into a much deeper recession and and economic fallout some businesses will never recover from. Now Disney will not be one of them at this time the bigger you are the harder you fall. Disney rely's on 85% of it's visitors from out of the state, the question is are they willing to travel and even if they are seats to Orlando have been cut by 93% since the ourbreak and I do not see demand for air travel to return for a good 24-36 months for pre-covid-19 levels.

The longer the parks sit idle the more likely it will take that much longer to recover, with more and more people being out of work for longer the less likely people will be able to recover enough to spend the money on a Disney vacation. As it is Disney was at the max of many families budgets and with folks out of work on unemployment only bringing in say a 1/3 of a month’s pay you may not see those folks back for years if at all.

Will Disney have restrictions in place absolutely if you think they won’t you are in denial. If you choose not to go that is your choice bottom line is Disney officials on the task force have laid out plans on how to open the parks to the Florida economic reopening group. Now it's up to the county to choose the direction they feel we need to go but Tuesday will be the day that Disney has said they will lay out plans on re-opening.

The shareholders will have allot of say as well you can bet they are pushing Disney to open as soon as possible for them to start to recover from the losses already. In the earnings call I expect Disney to report major losses I expect triple that of Comcast Universals.

I do know the parks are a mess they are very dirty (my contact at Disney has explained nobody is cleaning just the security officers on site) pollen from the trees, and sand from construction it will take approx 10-14 days to get them up to par ready for guests plan on another week to get all of the rides prepped for social distancing including wash stations, and hand sanitizing stations at the parks and resorts.

In the end none of us know we are all hoping that Disney does open soon and we would all love to put this nightmare behind us.
The other day some one posted a video of someone cleaning in the Toy Story area at DHS

jinx8402

Anyone else catch the " we will strongly encourage and in some cases require face masks." I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney do the same. Looks like wearing masks are most likely going to happen

Not that it couldn't include guests, but that entire letter is in regards to employees. It is saying for employees, it will be strongly encourage and in some cases (my guess being customer facing) required.

Seanual757

That's not how I read it, they way I read it, it is quite clear they are working towards reopening soon(ish). Based on this and all of the information at my disposal, June is looking like the likely reopening time frame for Florida theme parks, it may or may not be by June 1st, but it is highly likely that Disney will at least reopen for guests staying on site by then, as they have been taking reservations for that date and later recently.

I don't think we will be seeing international travel yet though, I would imagine this will be limited to those within the U.S. with a preference towards locals and passholders, as they will have the least to loose if the parks are full, etc.

I fully believe International travel should be banned until the minimum of the fall if not early 2021. Far too many ways for folks to get around direct flights showing how they came in either via a direct flight or say fly from a hot zone then fly to Toronto say 1-2 days and then fly into the US.

icc2515

It's hot in Florida. to protect
Most people aren't wearing masks for extended periods of time.
They are putting them on to enter a store and taking them off when they leave.
Children, for the most part - really aren't going anywhere lately.
How many of them are wearing masks?
If the cast members can do, then the guests should be able to handle it as well. 7 states are mandating masks and the pilots union is pressing the FAA to mandate masks on planes. The mask thing is gaining traction. Children adapt better then adults to change. Remember that this is for others safety not the mask wearers safety.

Lilofan

If the cast members can do, then the guests should be able to handle it as well. 7 states are mandating masks and the pilots union is pressing the FAA to mandate masks on planes. The mask thing is gaining traction. Children adapt better then adults to change. Remember that this is for others safety not the mask wearers safety.
What our family would be doing is going into the theme park restrooms several times a day and washing the masks under cold water and soap to rinse the sweat and germs that has accumulated in the masks wearing them in the hot Florida summer. Rinse, ring them out, wear, sweat, rinse, ring them out, wear, sweat, repeat several times a day.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

What our family would be doing is going into the theme park restrooms several times a day and washing the masks under cold water and soap to rinse the sweat and germs that has accumulated in the masks wearing them in the hot Florida summer. Rinse, wear, sweat, rinse, wear, sweat, repeat several times a day.
You need to allow time for them to dry in between. As soon as they're damp, they're no longer effective.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Where I live masks are mandated right now to go to a store or anywhere public. It makes sense, we are still weeks away from even moving to phase 1. We are talking about 6 to 8 weeks out when FL hits phase 3 and the parks open. I don’t think any of the states or the federal government are expecting people to still wear masks everywhere in phase 3 of re-opening.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You need to allow time for them to dry in between. As soon as they're damp, they're no longer effective.
As soon as I leave the air conditioned hotel room at WDW in July or August that mask will be damp. Even without sweating what about water rides? Those misting fans they have in a few places? What about pools? I’ll say it again, if masks are required they should just wait until the fall to open. No way that works in the summer.

Seanual757

The orange county mayor is following the states plans. The mayor has given the Orange County economic task force a deadline of tomorrow to submit plans for reopening (they currently have 4 groups meeting today) our tourist economy to lay out hopefully next week.

DisneyCane

When it comes to wearing masks everywhere and keeping them on, adults are far more adaptable than small children. Just observe the grocery store in locations where they are mandatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom