Coranavirus Disneyland General Discussion

SoCalDisneyLover

No way Newsom would lockdown again when he has a recall coming up.
He's not going to be recalled. Most Californians support the restrictions he's imposed since the beginning. Those who complained on a daily basis about not being able to get their Disney fix make up a small part of the CA population, the vast majority of which vote Democratic. This is not Gray Davis Part 2, and the repubs aren't running The Terminator. Speaking of Arnold, he's already expressed his support of Newsom's restrictions during the pandemic.

I would say that I'm surprised that people still think his actions were based upon the recall rather than on the Virus and how vaccination was proceeding, but honestly, I'm not surprised by much anymore in this country.

I don't think he'll necessarily institute mask mandates again, or make other adjustments, but he might, depending upon what happens over the coming weeks & months. If he does, I'll be sure to put on a raincoat before coming to these boards.

mrfires

He's not going to be recalled. Most Californians support the restrictions he's imposed since the beginning. Those who complained on a daily basis about not being able to get their Disney fix make up a small part of the CA population, the vast majority of which vote Democratic. This is not Gray Davis Part 2, and the repubs aren't running The Terminator.
I don’t mean to suggest that he WILL be recalled. I just think it’s unlikely he’ll do anything that might jeopardize the recall.

I would say that I'm surprised that people still think his actions were based upon the recall rather than on the Virus and how vaccination was proceeding, but honestly, I'm not surprised by much anymore in this country.
Eh, I spent years working for political consulting firms and can confidently say that the recall would have significant influence over his decision. While mostly just a pipe dream, they aren’t exactly brushing off the recall as nothing.

SoCalDisneyLover

I don’t mean to suggest that he WILL be recalled. I just think it’s unlikely he’ll do anything that might jeopardize the recall.

Eh, I spent years working for political consulting firms and can confidently say that the recall would have significant influence over his decision. While mostly just a pipe dream, they aren’t exactly brushing off the recall as nothing.
I'm just saying that any actions he may take to combat a resurgence of Covid, won't jeopardize his standing in the recall election. More likely would be if there's another outbreak, and he does nothing, that he'll lose the support of his base, that has approved of his decisions the last 16 months. The people who hate him for those past decisions will be the same people hating him for any new restrictions, and they're not going to vote for him regardless.

Which is why he'll do whatever the science and CDC says is prudent, and will retain the support he already has.

mickEblu

After going there, I think it was the wrong decision to remove the parkwide mask mandate for “vaccinated visitors.”

Obviously, those rules mean all young children under 12 need to be masked up. But equally obviously, not many of them are. Majority of kids that looked under 12 were unmasked. I just don’t understand that ignorance. You’re practically guaranteeing your kid gets COVID-19. Surely some of those same parents took the pandemic seriously, so why aren’t they now? Haven’t they heard of the delta variant?

I wore my mask. Not because I’m afraid, but because it’s smart. It was over 80 degrees and it really is not that hard to do.

So you re mad that people aren't wearing their mask when the CDC nor the State of California require it? Keep wearing your mask for eternity if you want. Don't worry about the rest of us.

George Lucas on a Bench

So you re mad that people aren't wearing their mask when the CDC nor the State of California require it? Keep wearing your mask for eternity if you want. Don't worry about the rest of us.

They should just stay home forever, really. Why are you going to a theme park with thousands of people with no mask mandate if you're just going to complain about people not wearing masks? Stay home! Don't go out! We don't want you here! The traffic was better for the last year without you!

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Hopefully soon we’ll have vaccination rates at levels where any form masking (even for what should be a small percentage of unvaccinated individuals) won’t be necessary.

While I get why masking outdoors in the summer is perhaps excessive and needed to sunset, I still frankly think it was a bit too soon to apply the honor system “writ large” with respect to vaccine status and masking, in part because I don’t want to see a re-closure of the economy in the event variants spread among the non- and under- vaccinated… And I’ve long been an advocate of reopening the parks for the past year. This “trust but don’t verify strategy” is particularly risky given the aggressive stance of the state government on this matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vegas Disney Fan

In red states the chances of a shutdown again are basically zero, in blue states the chances are probably 10%, in very blue states like California it’s probably 25%.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
We who work in production are still wearing masks (indoor and outdoor) and I’m not happy about it. Unions are meeting today to discuss the plan moving forward.
At my job, they decided to allow those who are vaccinated to come in without needing to wear a mask. Unvaccinated still need to wear them or continue to work from home. I'll probably start going back to the office after my four-day weekend Vegas trip. Unmasked :)

Tamandua

Imagine if they shut down Disneyland again, and Disney got into another PR battle with the governor, only to yield yet again and continue to support the same politicians that have been ravaging their business...

Despite the extremely loud covid extremists that would love another 15 months of paid vacation, it won't happen. Even if things somehow got worse than they were at the end of last year, it just won't happen. I really believe that people won't put up with it again. I've already bought a home in another state than I'm renting out for now, but if things shut down again, my family is moving immediately.

Nirya

Imagine if they shut down Disneyland again, and Disney got into another PR battle with the governor, only to yield yet again and continue to support the same politicians that have been ravaging their business...

Despite the extremely loud covid extremists that would love another 15 months of paid vacation, it won't happen. Even if things somehow got worse than they were at the end of last year, it just won't happen. I really believe that people won't put up with it again. I've already bought a home in another state than I'm renting out for now, but if things shut down again, my family is moving immediately.
38de9ea933036b54871fe1fe61cc87c0.gif

Californian Elitist

Have a safe move, should it happen.

Tamandua

it means I can spend hundreds of dollars on an amusement park that constantly cheapens its product.
The only reason we stay is because we have family here. Not for theme parks, but if we moved we could pay for a few very nice theme park resort vacations each year with the money that would have gone to California state income tax. It seems like California officials won't be happy until everyone who pays taxes leaves and the only people left are the people collecting instead of paying.

truecoat

The only reason we stay is because we have family here. Not for theme parks, but if we moved we could pay for a few very nice theme park resort vacations each year with the money that would have gone to California state income tax. It seems like California officials won't be happy until everyone who pays taxes leaves and the only people left are the people collecting instead of paying.

California is #10 in most taxes factoring property, income tax and sales tax.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom