COP... tear down?

Goofyernmost

The Tiki Room is wonderful. An enchanting little oasis. I can't understand why anyone would be "bored" by it. Maybe it needs more giant robots or something. :rolleyes:

As for COP, I like it, but since its concept is based to some degree on future innovation, it's tough to keep it from seeming too dated. I really do worry that it won't be around much longer. :(
Those days are gone, but, as a historical concept that truly points out where we have been compared to where we are now it is super. The future is unknown, the present is known and the part of our progress that is quickly losing any personal experience can only be known by something like CoP. That, plus the hands on creation by Walt and the start of what we expect from Disney now makes it beyond worthy of a place in the park forever. If nothing else, exactly what other theatrical show have you ever been to where the audience goes from scene to scene without ever getting out of their seat. I've been in many places and cities of the world and I have yet to stumble upon anything like it.

Last edited:

EOD K9

While the Smithsonian and Disney Family Museum are undoubtedly impressive, they might find it very difficult to keep the COP up and running... Imagine their mec-elecs having to tackle this relocated, archaic attraction. Just the Audio-Animatronics alone would push this addition past reasonable, unless they fixed each scene in position and asked visitors to use their vivid imaginations...
You could fix the theatre in place and ask people to get up and move to the next scene.....unlikely though.

PizzaPlanet

The Tiki Room is wonderful. An enchanting little oasis. I can't understand why anyone would be "bored" by it. Maybe it needs more giant robots or something. :rolleyes:

As for COP, I like it, but since its concept is based to some degree on future innovation, it's tough to keep it from seeming too dated. I really do worry that it won't be around much longer. :(
The jungle cruise is good too!

RSoxNo1

Scrims are up at Carousel of Progress today! The Cast working said they are repainting the exterior. Apparently it will be very brightly colored with lots of colors and it will take until mid-summer.
Taking the bright colors from Discovery Island?

jt04

I heard through a rumor mill that COP is being torn down at some point? I think I may be seriously crushed if it does... A serious refurbish or update, yes, but tear down? That classic? Walt just may roll around in his grave...

Where did you go?

The only reasonable long term location is DL. That would make Walt happy.

celluloid

Agreed but someone made the point that they likely could not afford it. Maintenance has to be pretty costly.

Probably, but Disney allows it to run on bare minimum attention so they could too.

But seriously. The concept is timeless as long as they update it. Perhaps make the gaps between decades bigger so we still get turn of the century to recent/future looking.

It should also feature the best if not equal to the best Animatronic work on property or company wide.

Tom P.

Carousel of Progress was totally demolished. Yesterday. It's never coming back. Instead, they are building an entire attraction that is a tribute to Bob Iger.

I don't want to hear about anyone who is at Disney today and has seen Carousel of Progress in operation. Clearly, you are shills who work for Disney and are trying to suppress the truth.

Trust me, this is for real.

theRIOT

Just rode the ole gal last night.
It wasn't looking nearly as shabby as I remember.
Lip sync on father and the others was good; no skin peeling as I have witnessed many times in the past.
The side stage scrims are really needing replacement, but it's in overall good shape.
It was my first time to see it in 2-3 years and I'm glad I got to, in case something terrible were to happen.

I don't recall any scaffolding but the paint job did seem rather new.

Phil12

Just rode the ole gal last night.
It wasn't looking nearly as shabby as I remember.
Lip sync on father and the others was good; no skin peeling as I have witnessed many times in the past.
The side stage scrims are really needing replacement, but it's in overall good shape.
It was my first time to see it in 2-3 years and I'm glad I got to, in case something terrible were to happen.

I don't recall any scaffolding but the paint job did seem rather new.
Yeah, I hate it when father starts looking like this:
1373288061_4.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom