Cool secrets/favorite things in Adventurer's Club?

wannabeBelle

The headache I got from just one Kungaloosh!!!!! OH MY!!!!!!!!!! NEVER again!!! :fork: :fork: :fork: The Club was great though!!! Belle

Kadee

Empress Room said:
Not to worry, Kadee. Definitely Disney-rated G/PG-13 entertainment. Not at all the kind of "lap dance" you may be imagining...
Thank God!!! I had this image of something that I saw on Bourbon Street in New Orleans!!! Good to know that it's not "that"

RPMdfw said:
Exactly. Try to picture a "Miss Jane Hathaway" from the Beverly Hillbillies type of a character trying to be a vamp. That's what we're talking about. Very funny, but quite tame. Not that some of the jokes don't get a bit racy from time to time, but I think most of those go over the heads of the kids that are there. (Why people bring children into a bar is beyond me, by the way.)

Sorry if my earlier post gave the wrong impression.
No problem! I just had this image.........don't want to even think about it. But your description sounds very funny and entertaining.

Thanks for clarifying, both of you!!! I can't wait to try the AC!

wannabeBelle

Kadee said:
What's a Kungaloosh? :confused:
Apparently (from a real newbie) it is the club motto, the official club greeting, and the official club drink so it is actually several things dependng on context and usage. Of course if someone mistakes a greeting as a request for a drink I think the official rule is that you must consume the beverage so as not to insult anyone!! :hammer: :hammer: :wave: Belle

Atta83

I thought the drink was pretty good. I have had the Hoopla there as well and it was pretty good. But I still like my Blue Paradise beach bucket YUM...

PeeplMoovr

Lee said:
Just to chime in...

The Adventurer's Club is the greatest single place on the face of the Earth.
Simple as that. :sohappy:

Now then...continue....

I agree, with the exception of the islands of Hawaii.

Got a PAP as opposed to the AP mostly because of Adventurer's Club. It's worth the extra $.

westie

Kungaloosh! And I can't believe Pippa hasn't hit this thread yet! I go everynight I'm there. I like to see the characters play other characters and then hate them for not being as good. A silly addiction huh?

Anyways, do not sit next to a mask! Whether sober or not it is very difficult to get over the fact your having a conversation with a mask on the wall. And everyone in the place is watching. :veryconfu

Pippa

HEEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOO there my fellow Adventurers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it! I don't log on for 24 hours and this thread could be my favourite EVER!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Ok lets see, I found the AC totally by accident. I read the Unofficial Guide to WDW and dragged Glen along, we are now both completely hooked. If anyone wants to know the story of our engagement please let me know (I have posted it in other threads but I'll gladlly tell it again!) as it took place in the AC itself!!

Now then a Kungaloosh is.....
Captain Morgans Original Spiced Rum
Blackberry Brandy
Strawberry Juice
Orange Juice
Crushed Ice
YUMMY!!!! :slurp: I can only mange 3 of these in a night! $6.75 each when I last went in Oct 03

It is also a greeting/secret gesture between fellow adventurers

So what else do you people want to know????? :wave:

MKCP 1985

westie said:
Kungaloosh!
Anyways, do not sit next to a mask! Whether sober or not it is very difficult to get over the fact your having a conversation with a mask on the wall. And everyone in the place is watching. :veryconfu

Sooo, that means NOPLACE is SAFE in the mask room. Just be fore-warned (but go in there anyway. hee hee).

Atta83

MKCP 1986 said:
Sooo, that means NOPLACE is SAFE in the mask room. Just be fore-warned (but go in there anyway. hee hee).

I thought you were safe in no place there... :lookaroun :lookaroun LOL

wannabeBelle

hi there Pippa, As I first went to the Adventurer's Club because of you and Glen, I think it only fair that you regale me with the story of the lovely engagement. Besides the fact that I Am a hopeless romantic!!!!! Belle

Invero

Atta83 said:
I thought the drink was pretty good. I have had the Hoopla there as well and it was pretty good. But I still like my Blue Paradise beach bucket YUM...
YUM, love the Kungaloosh... but it's best had in a "Monkey Nut" - the club's specialty monkey carved coconut cup.

WDWFREAK53

The statue of Zues...er..."God with Rod" is a coin bank...just find the slot :lookaroun

Now...someone needs to make a "Kungalooshin' Smiley"

Pippa

Well then Belle I guess I better tell the story.........

In 2000 Glen & I were staying at the CBR and it was my birthday during our stay. Anyhow we bought the resort mugs and Glen kept getting me to walk back over to the food court to refill them and I was getting a bit peeved that he wouldn't go. On my birthday he told me as we woke up that my present is a trip to NYC next year, fabulous I thought, then that night we went to the AC and the colonel starts asking if anyone is celebrating a birthday that night. After a bit of coaxing I put my hand up as I knew I would get picked on by the CMs! Then he asks me what I got for my birthday and I told him about the upcoming NYC trip. Next he said something like, "I think Glen actually wants to ask you something", with that Glen drops on one knee, producing a diamond ring and proposes!!! I said yes immediately of course!
The CMs made such a fuss of us all night, giving a disposable camera and paying for our drinks all night. Samantha Sterling kept asking me if it was still a "yes" or was I going to hock the ring!!!

The reason Glen kept getting me to refill the mugs was that he was making frantic phone calls to the AC manager to arrange it without me knowing!

A footnote to this is that on our last trip the CMs remembered us (a few nights after we met Belle) and we got to be "special guests of the night", a free t shirt and got to start the fireworks off at midnight! Our house is even called Kungaloosh! :kiss:

Kadee

AAWWW! Pippa, that is so sweet!! Sounds like Glen is a keeper, huh? Definitely a memory to cherish forever!

Jerm

2 Tips for AC:

1. Stay for atleast an hour before passing judgment. The first time I made it to the club we almost missed out by feeling like there was nothing going on so we left. We went back the next night and will go every night I can while in Fl. It is also great to go for a few nights in a row, if some of the members get to know you it makes it more fun.

2. HAVE FUN!!!!!!! Don't feel like everyone is looking at you and laughing at you. They really are laughing with you, trust me I do Rocky Horror here in Ca (as close to AC as I can get) and if you act like you don't want to be part of the action you will become the biggest part of it. It is a place to go and be silly have some drinks and have lots and lots of fun!!!

J

P.S.--I am still so upset that I didn't get my Monkey Nut last visit.

RPMdfw

Jerm said:
It is also great to go for a few nights in a row, if some of the members get to know you it makes it more fun.

That is VERY true. Once a cast member knows you it gives them something to use when they need to improv.

That helps make it a very personalized experience, too. It's definitely what got us hooked. I got selected to go up on stage as part of the Maid's Singalong with Sunny Knight. She asked some questions about me of course, the next night, that actress was playing a different character but yelled "Look Rob and Scott are here!" when we walked in. (And has done so many times since.) It made a HUGE impression on us and we haven't missed a Thursday night since.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom