Construction/Demolition at Old Imageworks

NiarrNDisney

The amount of wasted space in Imagination is ridiculous (basically the whole pavilion) Just gut the whole place and start over! It could be a brilliant attraction. But this has been talked about no end

Exactly and maybe this time do a two story attraction using all of the space.

FabulousFigment

I, too, have memories of upstairs from when I was real little. Favorite part was the paintbrush and you painted the image suspended from the ceiling. It was so much fun. Truly wish they would restore it!

PolynesianPrincess

ImageWorks was one of the best parts of Epcot for me as a child. If they updated it for todays generation I think kids would really like it. I remember they had a computer thing when it took your picture and you added all these effects to it like crazy hair and eyes and big pink lips and hats and crowns. We have a video of that from like 1991 that my Mom took. I miss those good old Epcot days...

meekoman

lol i just shot this on 9/1/2012... i can show you the video file data if it's really an issue
If you had read my post after my original one, you would have noticed that I mentioned that I had your "new" video confused with previous ones.

ExtinctJenn

Original Poster
lol i just shot this on 9/1/2012... i can show you the video file data if it's really an issue
HAH! The great Nomeus... you still owe me a response my friend. But I shall wait patiently like a good little girl. :) LOL!

For those wanting to see how the tunnel used to look in it's hayday, here's a few shots from my collection (you can see more at my site too):
G%20Backups%20MyBackup%20C%20Users%20Jenn%20Pictures%20Disney%201989%201%20Untitled-49.jpg

Untitled-42.jpg

(side note: I had this horrible case of sun poisoning in this shot... my eyes were not typically swollen shut like they appear here, not even in my party days)

DarthGrady

ImageWorks was one of the best parts of Epcot for me as a child. If they updated it for todays generation I think kids would really like it. I remember they had a computer thing when it took your picture and you added all these effects to it like crazy hair and eyes and big pink lips and hats and crowns. We have a video of that from like 1991 that my Mom took. I miss those good old Epcot days...

And I don't think it would even take all that much for them to do it. Most of the area looks to be mostly as it was when they abandoned it in '98. Obviously the tech would have to be brought up to date, but the framework is there and waiting.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

This can be taken one of two ways...after all, it was one little spark that led to the Enchanted Tiki Room dumping their "New Management." ;)
Well if your thinking what I think your thinking just try not to total the building, if your going to kill 2 birds with one stone you will have to get Mission Space after Illuminations because that building has people in it
during the day ;). I have nothing to do with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom