Construction between Contemporary and TTC

Touchdown

Every land in Magic Kingdom has (purposeful or not) an associated deluxe resort in the area except for Fantasyland. If a new resort is being considered, assuming the trend holds, my personal preference would be an Alpine or Bavarian theme (Snow White, Pinocchio, Tangled). But since this 21st Century-Chapek Disney, it'll probably just be a generic looking hotel with Toy Story being crammed in and retconned somehow.
You forget Liberty Square. Come on HM hotel!

peter11435

Every land in Magic Kingdom has (purposeful or not) an associated deluxe resort in the area except for Fantasyland. If a new resort is being considered, assuming the trend holds, my personal preference would be an Alpine or Bavarian theme (Snow White, Pinocchio, Tangled). But since this 21st Century-Chapek Disney, it'll probably just be a generic looking hotel with Toy Story being crammed in and retconned somehow.
Liberty Square?

doctornick

This was going to be the site for the Asian Hotel in the original plans right? Persian was on Bay Lake with a monorail spur, right? And Venetian/Mediterranean on the Grand Flo spot?

I think an Asian or Persian/Middle Eastern (or even an Indian) themed resort would be pretty cool and add some unique food offerings to the area.

SteamboatJoe

You forget Liberty Square. Come on HM hotel!
1625347975014.png

doctornick

$$$$$$$$Bungalows on the beach.

DVC with beachfront units, some smaller buildings with the other unit sizes and monorail (and boat) access? Would certainly be a big seller and would have the benefit of helping to subsidize monorail operations via the annual dues.

Since they stopped Reflections, they'll want to have another DVC to sell at some point, though I guess the Grand Floridian conversion is the plan to fill that gap.

pdude81

DVC with beachfront units, some smaller buildings with the other unit sizes and monorail (and boat) access? Would certainly be a big seller and would have the benefit of helping to subsidize monorail operations via the annual dues.

Since they stopped Reflections, they'll want to have another DVC to sell at some point, though I guess the Grand Floridian conversion is the plan to fill that gap.
And DL Hotel

lightguy

If I remember correctly, weren't there some height test balloons on that site a few years ago? Like maybe around 5 years +/-?

I'm not a geotechnical engineer and I don't live/work in FL, but I've seen developers build on all kinds of stuff...even over sink holes. Maybe the cost of building in the past wasn't where they wanted it to be, but I have a hard time believing that they COULDN'T build on it if they wanted to. With proper geotechnical exploration and a properly engineered foundation/pile system, you can build on just about anything.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yeah and I deal with SFWMD for this kind of stuff just via work so I know how it works but they were definitely laying down fencing and had construction access so they're doing something.

Could someone who is there today take the monorail from TTC to MK and take pictures of it? It's pretty clearly evident work.

EDIT: Never mind just saw the Blogmickey post.

I am wonder if they may be doing geo-technical borings to assess the land.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If I remember correctly, weren't there some height test balloons on that site a few years ago? Like maybe around 5 years +/-?

I'm not a geotechnical engineer and I don't live/work in FL, but I've seen developers build on all kinds of stuff...even over sink holes. Maybe the cost of building in the past wasn't where they wanted it to be, but I have a hard time believing that they COULDN'T build on it if they wanted to. With proper geotechnical exploration and a properly engineered foundation/pile system, you can build on just about anything.

Yep, 2012. But then in 2019 @MisterPenguin posted a picture of the location of balloons, but I am not clear if this was a reference to the 2012 sighting or if balloons were seen again in that area in 2019.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom