Construction between Contemporary and TTC

Splashin' Ryan

Unfortunately if made true, the luxury resort will likely be something few people get to experience such as the CC Cabins, Poly Bungalows, or maybe even SW GC. Just another development at Disney targeted at those with the largest incomes. Even something like reflections would have been better. The last time a truly entirely new moderate resort was built was sooo long ago despite most people falling into that $$ category.

pdude81

Treehouse villas being part of Saratoga shows nothing is impossible lol
Sure, but saratoga was always a number of satellite buildings with roads in between. There is a big parking lot for WL in between these two sites as well as the road that regular traffic goes through to get to MK sometimes. The Swolphin Reserve is kind of like that but in this case we'd be talking about premium views and lake access. That would be a premium offering to WL IMO.

pdude81

Very interesting. I just hunted this down and he said this was out to bid and almost built twice already. I'd always heard the same take about it being unbuildable before.
Actually the one I listened to was older than what's being reported now. Just a blurb about some of the setup and that they started moving fill for construction before the initial cancellation:

seascape

Unfortunately if made true, the luxury resort will likely be something few people get to experience such as the CC Cabins, Poly Bungalows, or maybe even SW GC. Just another development at Disney targeted at those with the largest incomes. Even something like reflections would have been better. The last time a truly entirely new moderate resort was built was sooo long ago despite most people falling into that $$ category.
Those who can't afford the Deluxe resorts should still ne happy they exist because the profits derived from the rich are extremely important to the company and allow companies like Disney and Universal to exist and provide great service to everyone else. Personally, I have no problem paying for extras with the knowledge that my money help pay all the cast members and helps keep the costs for others down. If you really want low cost themeparks limit your visits to Six Flags and Cedar Fair.

lewisc

Those who can't afford the Deluxe resorts should still ne happy they exist because the profits derived from the rich are extremely important to the company and allow companies like Disney and Universal to exist and provide great service to everyone else. Personally, I have no problem paying for extras with the knowledge that my money help pay all the cast members and helps keep the costs for others down. If you really want low cost themeparks limit your visits to Six Flags and Cedar Fair.
Right. Profits from the deluxe lets Disney offer low priced value resorts. Pop is getting closer to $300 a night with every increase.

Does it let Disney charge low prices for food, drink and snacks NOT.

lower ticket prices. NOT

Profits from every class of customer gives corporate $$$. WDW is an ATM for corporate.

Soluna16

Original Poster
Haven't seen any South Florida Water Management District permits for that area which they would probably need if it was anything major.

Yeah and I deal with SFWMD for this kind of stuff just via work so I know how it works but they were definitely laying down fencing and had construction access so they're doing something.

Could someone who is there today take the monorail from TTC to MK and take pictures of it? It's pretty clearly evident work.

EDIT: Never mind just saw the Blogmickey post.

SteamboatJoe

Every land in Magic Kingdom has (purposeful or not) an associated deluxe resort in the area except for Fantasyland. If a new resort is being considered, assuming the trend holds, my personal preference would be an Alpine or Bavarian theme (Snow White, Pinocchio, Tangled). But since this 21st Century-Chapek Disney, it'll probably just be a generic looking hotel with Toy Story being crammed in and retconned somehow.

EDIT: Yes, I forgot Liberty Square.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom