Congress Questions Next Gen

flynnibus

Premium Member
He does now - wants to be senator, running against Scott Brown, who, despite losing to Mrs. Warren, remains very popular state-wide, which is a whole other kettle of fish from running from his multi-election safe district. For that matter, there is a serious current question as to whether Markey is even a legal resident of Massachsetts at this point. Markey will be very much opposed in the senatorial special election in 90 or so days.

I appreciate the additional perspective..

GrumpyFan

Interesting response. I would have guessed that they soft pedaled this with lots of information and tried to stem the tide some. The hard nosed response, while somewhat justified, could backfire on them. Mind you, I'm still not concerned about it personally, but I know a lot of you are.

I'm curious too about the "further details" in the attachment. I guess they're not releasing that, huh?

Tom

Beta Return
Why be so condescending if there isn't anything to hide?

For the exact reason Iger (well, the attorneys) put in the letter - because every answer is already on the web, in readily accessible locations.

They were able to answer all of the Congressman's questions in a brief paragraph at the end of the letter, which in my opinion was just a patronizing courtesy. The two links were sufficient.

I personally enjoyed the response. And from the onset of the news of the original letter, I've held the belief that the original "Big Brother" should take care of their own problems and mind their PUBLIC business, while letting PRIVATE companies comply with laws and go about their business.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Anyone else notice that the second link in his response is a broken link?

Edit....OK maybe the website transposed something....nevermind

dcibrando

YES!!!!! NICE letter from Iger... man he just earned some big points in my book for that.

Why is it the government thinks it has to be involved in this... don't they have enough other stuff to do already (that they aren't doing) - I'm not trying to be political on one side or the other here... just saying, aren't things like our budget, debt, jobs, etc. bigger things to worry about right now

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No

DocMcHulk

Iger has replied http://www./2013/01/disney-ceo-bob-...letter-addressing-magicband-privacy-concerns/
Best comment so far...
"This is why Disney is an amazing company. They know how to deal with problems. I trust Disney completely and its a wonder to me why so people don’t. Its like they are out to get the company that has brought us greatness for the past 90 years. Thank You Robert Iger and and Thank You Disney."

BadTigger

So... You claim that everything this new system will do can already be done with the KTTW card... And you KNOW the pricetag on this entire operation is over $1,500,000,000.00...

And yet those two pieces of information don't make you question the motives.

Makes sense.

Well I also forgot to include the amount of money they will be saving on not having to maintain magnetic card readers, which wear incredibly quickly. RFID readers involve only solid state parts.

Someone questioned the KTTW doing exactly the same stuff. And it does, it's a credit card they have all your personal information stored in a central database, every time you enter a park, get a fast pass and buy a turkey leg they know about it. Again instead of swiping you will now be tapping. Plus the new system ties into the apps, and other future interactive products which would be to costly and cumbersome with magnetic card readers.

Finger Prints, don't even get me started. THEY DON"T TAKE YOUR FINGER PRINT. The two finger machines they originally had measured the gap between your fingers, and that was tied to your ticket. The current machine takes multiple points of, yes your finger print and assigns it a unique value. That is compared each time you scan. But your finger print is not and has never been stored. Again we are all incredibly unimportant in the grand scheme of things for Disney to keep and store our finger prints.
That being said the new entrance area of MK with the MagicBand readers had no finger scanners. Only a CM with a PDA to barcode scan tickets and the golden Mickey pole to tap your wristband.

People are really in a tizzy for no reason, and as Iger said if you don't want to participate, then DON'T.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Well I also forgot to include the amount of money they will be saving on not having to maintain magnetic card readers, which wear incredibly quickly. RFID readers involve only solid state parts.

Someone questioned the KTTW doing exactly the same stuff. And it does, it's a credit card they have all your personal information stored in a central database, every time you enter a park, get a fast pass and buy a turkey leg they know about it. Again instead of swiping you will now be tapping. Plus the new system ties into the apps, and other future interactive products which would be to costly and cumbersome with magnetic card readers.

Finger Prints, don't even get me started. THEY DON"T TAKE YOUR FINGER PRINT. The two finger machines they originally had measured the gap between your fingers, and that was tied to your ticket. The current machine takes multiple points of, yes your finger print and assigns it a unique value. That is compared each time you scan. But your finger print is not and has never been stored. Again we are all incredibly unimportant in the grand scheme of things for Disney to keep and store our finger prints.
That being said the new entrance area of MK with the MagicBand readers had no finger scanners. Only a CM with a PDA to barcode scan tickets and the golden Mickey pole to tap your wristband.

People are really in a tizzy for no reason, and as Iger said if you don't want to participate, then DON'T.
However, what he failed to tell you was that if you decide to NOT participate that you will get a lesser experience.

There will be NO FASTPASS at all for those not participating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom