Congress Questions Next Gen

Rose&Crowner

How about adding
potentially
illegal

What's potentially illegal about you telling Disney how old your child is if you agree to their terms of privacy? Nothing. Where is it federally mandated that you have to go to Disney? Nowhere. Are you picking up what I'm putting down? It's not your right to tell a privately held company how they operate, it's a privilege that they allow you to go there and play by their rules. If you don't believe me, ask Adam the Woo.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
What's potentially illegal about you telling Disney how old your child is if you agree to their terms of privacy? Nothing. Where is it federally mandated that you have to go to Disney? Nowhere. Are you picking up what I'm putting down? It's not your right to tell a privately held company how they operate, it's a privilege that they allow you to go there and play by their rules. If you don't believe me, ask Adam the Woo.
Privately held companies have to abide by the law. They are not free to make up their own rules, as much as they would like that to be the case.

Going to WDW is not a privilege...it's a business transaction.

Adam the Woo has absolutely no bearing on this issue.

Nemo14

I think the thing here is are the terms and all of its impications specifically spelled out.

Rose&Crowner

Privately held companies have to abide by the law. They are not free to make up their own rules, as much as they would like that to be the case.

Going to WDW is not a privilege...it's a business transaction.

Adam the Woo has absolutely no bearing on this issue.

Where does the law prohibit anything in the new initiative?

It certainly is a privilege, one that is paid for. Just like a drivers license.

He certainly does. He can't go back on property if he offered to paid double for his business transaction. It's not his right to be there, nor is it yours. They welcome you to come to what is essentially their world (no pun, that's what it is). They have their own set of rules, none of which against are against the law in that world or otherwise.

unkadug

Where does the law prohibit anything in the new initiative?
I guess you haven't read this thread. :rolleyes:
It certainly is a privilege, one that is paid for. Just like a drivers license.
I disagree...anyone can go to WDW if they pay for it. It is not a privilege, but an earned business transaction.

He certainly does. He can't go back on property if he offered to paid double for his business transaction. See...it's a business transaction...not a privilege!It's not his right to be there, nor is it yours. I never said it was a right...Disney simply said they don't want his business anymore.They welcome you to come to what is essentially their world (no pun, that's what it is).To spend my money with them They have their own set of rules, none of which against are against the law in that world or otherwise.
That has yet to be determined.

Nemo14

So regarding Adam, he's allowed on Disney property right? Just not allowed to buy anything?

I don't understand what Adam has to do with any of this.
confused.gif

unkadug

That's the thing, no one is forcing them to go.
Disney is forcing this tracking upon people who have no idea that this is even happening to them.

I've been going to WDW for years without being tracked, why would I even suspect that this would be happening if not for reading it online.

I think some people have snorted too much pixie dust the way they are blindly defending this corporate behemoth's Big Brother tactics.

Wanderingman

They wouldn't? How would a character greet a child by name, a ride character or line/post-show element "interact" with a guest in a personalized way? All of this will have to use information on minors, and Disney doesn't want to have to go through the parent to get it (see what they were saying and pushing for in relation to the changes that were made to COPPA recently. This isn't about the information on the bands, this is about the info being gathered and culled for all the "operations support." See what Disney's playing at? If they have to go through the parent, they're going to be playing on the heartstrings of their child's dream vacation to get information the parent otherwise wouldn't give out.

A minors name is not very intrusive in my opinion. Especially when kids have their name written on Birthday badges all the time or when they wear shirts with their names on it. The parent has to put the child's name on the reservation, on the ticket already so they are not going "around" the parent they are doing so with the parent's permission.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
If I was a kid and Mickey called me by my name I would be so happy. There are parts of Next Gen I really like and think that people are just complaining just to complain.

No, they're complaining because of the unknown features of this program, which Disney has yet to explain in full. Which is also why this Representative has asked many of the same questions posed on this forum....

Wanderingman

Right....they spent almost 2 billion dollars to simply enhance your experience.

The "harmlessly" use of your information is what is at issue here.

This isn't the same company that created Mickey Mouse...this is a corporate behemoth.

You do know the 2 billion was spent in many different facets? That includes basic software upgrade, some structural upgrade, cosmetic upgrades...or do you think that the 2 billion was all on RFID chips?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom