CONFIRMED! Rock N' Roll Beach Club's Last Night will be February 3, 2008.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanx Could you also tell me where the Jessica Rabbit sign was located?
Beaten to it by Phil. She was added to the West End when the stage received a roof in 1994; before then the stage was open air, though the lighting system was upgraded three times whilst still open to the sky.

Emberlene

If I remember correctly, I thought Jessica was originally over by Mannequins (I'm talking back when they first opened). Seems like I remember there being a small shop named "Jessica's" and the giant Jessica Rabbit was the sign for it. I could be wrong though.

I know they moved her in 1994 but I thought she had been around since P.I. opened.

Thelazer

If I remember correctly, I thought Jessica was originally over by Mannequins (I'm talking back when they first opened). Seems like I remember there being a small shop named "Jessica's" and the giant Jessica Rabbit was the sign for it. I could be wrong though.

I know they moved her in 1994 but I thought she had been around since P.I. opened.

That would be correct.

WickedQueen22

*Crosses fingers for world's largest ball pit*

While balls pits are fun... here are an assortment of them I found while cleaning the pits at my job. (I worked at a kids playland in high school)

dirty diapers
pocket knives
used bad aids
hyperdermic needles
pens
pencils

So I guess you can count me out for the ball pit.

dpunky

Now if they could tear it down and build another "West End" type stage with live acts and a New Year's Party every day, that would be cool.

rdour@techminds

Remember, PI even had its time in the sun on The Simpsons. Remember Itchy McScratchy's? Marge says something like "It must be nice to ring in the new year over and over again." I forget what the host said in response.

Ryan

rainfully

While this definitely makes sense... it does also make me a little bit sad. Lots of great memories in that place. The buckets were great... love the live music... and the AC is always pumping super hardcore on the main floor. Great place to cool down. But every time I'd been in there lately it was nearly empy. Oh well it'll definitely be missed...

hrcollectibles

The place I got my Bucket (if everyone is refering t the sand bucket drinks) wass right outside of The Harley Davidosn Place...I will miss the Rock n Roll beach Club... I like live music and saw some pretty good cover bands there

CaptainJackNO

They could add a new orleans themed club. Not that being from New Orleans makes me biased....They could have mardi gras parades down the street..Yeah, that's it.....

wolf lightnin

Good.

We went to PI once and it'll be the last time till they come up with something better than what we have in our own hometown. Apart from the AC, we felt like Disney didn't put any thought into creating any unique clubs. If we want to pay $7/beer (for the same beer you can get anywhere else for $3 and under) and listen to crappy cover bands, we can do it here without paying to even set foot on the street the club is on!

PoohsGang

The Neon Armadillo was always packed, Disney's mistake was to move it to a bigger venue where Motion is currently at, I can't remember what the name was. An even bigger mistake was to get rid of all the live Entertainment like the bands and the PI dancers that performed at the New Years show every night, what a shame, and where the heck is Frankie and the West End Boys? was that the name of the band, can't remember. Oh yeah no West End Stage, no stage for that matter.

Motion would be a great place for ESPN Zone it certainly is large enough for it.

Oh well Gungaloosh!

I heard franki is on one of the cruise ships they were a great band the place was always packed no room on the dance floor, PI was great then you could catch a band on the West End Stage (now a bridge) then when there set was done Frankies set would start you could go back and forth from ot side to inside as they alternated set times, that was the good old days, we saw Stormbringer who is really good at RNRBC last month we were 2 people of 10 in the whole club, they have destroyed PI with the bridge and the changes........ If they put in the rumored Bowling Alley do you think it will have a FAST PASS?:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom