CONFIRMED! Rock N' Roll Beach Club's Last Night will be February 3, 2008.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Somebody needs to explain to maryszhi that she doesn't need to type her signature every time she posts.

OK...hey, maryszhi, go towards the top of this page and on the dark blue border, click on "QuickLinks".

On the drop down menu, click on "Edit Signature".

Type in your signature there and you won't have to retype it every time you post.

PoohsGang

Hopefully it goes "club free" except AC and HoB and an ESPNZone on the Westside. Simply go back to family entertainment and the crowds will show up IMHO

Respectfully I disagree, it was never busier at the time that it was 21 plus, the clubs were jammed, The Beach Club was jammed, (no room on the dance floor), The West End Stage had some of the best cover bands.

There use to be a cover just to get on The Island, thats when there was entertainment outside, the outdoor bars use to have long lines.

Then they got this bright idea, lets let people on the Island for free and remove the outdoor entertainment, we will charge them when they go into the clubs, thats when they started opening only half the outdoor bars as the bartenders were bored, and not making any money. (There was never a line)

Slowly they stsrted letting kids in the clubs then it seemed as though the place filled up with drunk pedifiles, we use to watch the drunk pedifiles trying to pick up the teenagers on the dance floor at RNRBC, at times security would have to intervine. Then they went to 18 plus and the crowds vanished. Again when it was 21 plus to get into the clubs the place was packed, parents could still enjoy the bands on the west end stage with there kids outside the clubs.

I for one did found it very unentertaining to watch the old drunk pedifiles trying to pick up the teenagers. This gave them a place to go and drink while trying to pick up teenagers instead of surfing the net on there computer for victims..... Lets just say it was like "Pedfiles Night Out On The Town"

I ask how many add The Pleasure Island hoping fee to ther park passes anymore?

I would think that money would speak, the numbers (profits had to be better before the changes) Why change what use to be very profitable and filled with guests?

Seems as though it was a calculated move to drive people away. (Which I highly doubt was a plan.)

Bring back the old days, there is less and less nightlife each trip we take to Disney, as far as live nightime entertainment is concerned, the only places I can think of is The Piano guy at PO, JellyRolls on The Boardwalk, and Raglan Road. RNRBC is the only place other than Raglan road for live entertainment so if your not a fan of Irish Music on the island (H.O.B. is not on The Island)you are S.O.O.L.

jt04

I am convinced Disney is getting rid of the whole "seperate island" concept. You will see a merging of the West End with the Marketplace conceptually and geographically. The Dinosaur restaurant is the first step. I believe HoB, Bongos, AC, Raglin Road and the Comedy Warehouse will survive the changeover. As to the patrons of the other clubs, well there is always downtown :hurl:. The original "Pleasure Island" concept is dead as the de-Eisnering of WDW continues with no let up.:sohappy:

As to what will be added. Pretty sure you will see things like a bowling alley, return of the skating rink, ESPNZone, Dave and Buster's, numerous shops and specialty food kiosks and coffee/dessert bars.

And hopefully a Star Wars cantina with a similar concept to AC. That would be cool.

Jerm

Bet or Motion.. one of the two is next.

From what I have heard Motions will be changed to a... well a dance club. They will update it and make it more appeling to everyone. But the nice thing about BET going is how much space they would have right next to AC....say if they were thinking of expanding something?!?!?

hrcollectibles

Noah's Arcade

I know whats going in there... Noah's Arcade

Come bust a move where the games are played, it's chill, it's fresh, it's Noah's Arcade.

TravisMT81

I love the people with the negative opinions on here do not even live here nor go to any of the clubs. Saying that I still think get rid of Motions and plow it down so it will be an open walkway to get to the Marketplace, and then make the waterfront(in front of Mannequins) closed off with live entertainment and outdoor seating.

Jheyman

I saw the one map Martin posted but does anyone have/know where I could find all the historical maps of PI, not having been down since it wasn't closed off I am super confused.

Just released 1/12/08

"Downtown Disney continually evaluates its mix of dining, shopping and entertainment offerings to enhance the evolving needs of its Guests. As we look to 2008 and beyond, we are looking at ways to keep the Island fresh and dynamic. With that in mind, The Rock ‘n’ Roll Beach Club location will close as of February 3, 2008, while we explore other uses for the venue. With the addition of Raglan Road, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Curl by Sammy Duvall, Rawlings merchandise shop, as well as the future launch of T-Rex restaurant scheduled to open in late 2008, Guests continue to be immersed in an exciting atmosphere while at Downtown Disney. We look forward to sharing additional information when it becomes available."

jt04

Just released 1/12/08

"Downtown Disney continually evaluates its mix of dining, shopping and entertainment offerings to enhance the evolving needs of its Guests. As we look to 2008 and beyond, we are looking at ways to keep the Island fresh and dynamic. With that in mind, The Rock ‘n’ Roll Beach Club location will close as of February 3, 2008, while we explore other uses for the venue. With the addition of Raglan Road, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Curl by Sammy Duvall, Rawlings merchandise shop, as well as the future launch of T-Rex restaurant scheduled to open in late 2008, Guests continue to be immersed in an exciting atmosphere while at Downtown Disney. We look forward to sharing additional information when it becomes available."

Just released? By who? :veryconfu

Dj Corona

Kind of a bummer, although I can't say i'm surprised.........I too, can remember a time when all three levels, the dancefloor, etc. were packed in the RRBC. Unfortunately, times have changed, and for any and all the reasons already stated, the place had become tumbleweed city, to the point I haven't even bothered to go in and check it out anymore. Had i known it was going to close down next month, i would've taken one last nostalgic stroll when i was there in October. Oh Well, R.I.P. - Beach Club, had some great times and great memories! :)

jt04

Still unofficial

As far as I can tell nothing official has been released, only a less than official looking non-sourced "official release". I will believe it when I see it in the Sentinel or the demo crews show up on Feb 4th.

coasterphil

It isn't unofficial, Disney has released to all CMs that the club is closing on the 3rd. What disneykid23 posted was the announcement. I'm not sure why none of the news outlets have reported it, they must not find it terribly interesting.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
It isn't unofficial, Disney has released to all CMs that the club is closing on the 3rd. What disneykid23 posted was the announcement. I'm not sure why none of the news outlets have reported it, they must not find it terribly interesting.

Probably because it's just one club and no one knows what's replacing it.

PoohsGang

Rip Rrbc I Will Miss You!

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!

*Just released 1/12/08*

*"Downtown Disney continually evaluates (=Destroys) its mix of dining, shopping and entertainment offerings to enhance =(lessen the needs and lighten wallets) the evolving needs of its Guests. As we look to 2008 and beyond, we are looking at ways to (cut corners and increase our profits) keep the Island fresh and dynamic. =(empty clubs by offering no free outdoor entertainment to draw people to the Island at all, Wonder why the Clubs are empty? Can anyone say, no reason to draw people to the Island, let alone possibly enter a club and pay a cover charge) With that in mind, The Rock ‘n’ Roll Beach Club location will close as of February 3, 2008, (because we thought the best thing to do was close the only place that offered live Rock N Roll entertainment, this will certainly draw more people) while we explore other uses (or other ways to boost profits by offering less for more money, why pay a whole band to perform when you can simply have a DJ spin tunes in one of the other clubs and just pay 1 person instead of perhaps 4 to 6 people)for the venue. With the addition of Raglan Road, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Curl by Sammy Duvall, (Thank God they have added Bobbidi Boutique, Curl by Sammy Duvall, those 2 places with probably save the Island , especially at Night???? I wasn’t aware that Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique would offer entertainment for adults ) Rawlings merchandise shop, as well as the future launch of T-Rex restaurant =(Rain Forest Café Clone with a Dinosaur Theme, the same food called different Dinosaur type of names) scheduled to open in late 2008, Guests continue to be immersed in an exciting atmosphere = ( Atmosphere? There is more Atmosphere in a Nursing home and last I checked there was no cover charge to visit one) while at Downtown Disney. We look forward to sharing additional information when it becomes available."* (I can’t wait for some of the upcoming plans to be known!)

RIP RNRBC I have a lot of fond memories and have seen some great bands in there, I for one will surely miss the place, yes it has been only a fraction of what it was in the good years but so has the whole Island since they were determined to evaluate it and enhance it for the evolving (dissolving) needs of there guests.:hammer:

Flight Safety

No!

This is bad news for me. I have been going to the Beach Club since I was a kid, back when it was known as "Zephers". I cant believe its going to be gone. It is still my favorite place to hang out in DTD. It will be greatly missed. We should get a group together to go on the last night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom