CONFIRMED! Rock N' Roll Beach Club's Last Night will be February 3, 2008.

Number_6

Actually, it was where Motion is now.

I'm talking way back when PI first opened and the Motion was The Fireworks Factory, mentioned a few posts before this. I spent a couple of birthdays having dinner there. Neon Armadillo was over at BET Soundstage. When Neon Armadillo closed and Fireworks Factory was removed, Wildhorse Saloon or whatever it was called moved into Fireworks Factory's old location. I can't remember if there was something that went in before BET Soundstage or not, but that was Neon Armadillo originally.

jt04

I'm talking way back when PI first opened and the Motion was The Fireworks Factory, mentioned a few posts before this. I spent a couple of birthdays having dinner there. Neon Armadillo was over at BET Soundstage. When Neon Armadillo closed and Fireworks Factory was removed, Wildhorse Saloon or whatever it was called moved into Fireworks Factory's old location. I can't remember if there was something that went in before BET Soundstage or not, but that was Neon Armadillo originally.

What was in the building that is "boarded up"? Do they have plans for that place? And congrats on 4000 posts.

Number_6

What was in the building that is "boarded up"? Do they have plans for that place? And congrats on 4000 posts.

Been a little while since I've been down there. I moved away back in May. Where is the boarded up building in relation to say, The Adventurer's Club?

GymLeaderPhil

The building directly across from the AC and next to 8 Trax is going to be new surf store, this used to be a place where you could record your own music video. The building directly across from 8 Trax and next to the AC used to be several stores selling various adult apparel and other souveniers.

Thelazer

Damn, I wanted to be the first to post this one too... oh well...

Just the first of many more things to come folks, stay tuned for more in month or two.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No wonder we only went to PI to get a Harley T Shirt - spent all of 30 minutes on the island. It wasn`t broke, but they had to fix it.

For those who remember...

Attachments

• PI map 1990 web.jpg
    PI map 1990 web.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 208

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thank you for posting the picture of the map... Was AMC that close?
Yep, back when it was a 10 screen cinema it was the only thing standing west of the island. It still is that close, the east and north additions for additional Westside stores make it seem further away. Plus, the main and only entrance was the one facing PI; the west entrance on the corner facing the Virgin complex was added when AMC10 became AMC24 as Westside opened and the building was extended. Look below; the brown roofs are the original building, the white ones the additions to make 24 screens. Note the smaller additions north of the main brown roofs for Westside shopping units too. I`ve also posted an aerial of the original AMC10 to show its true position in relation to todays PI.

Attachments

• AMC24 aerial.jpg
    AMC24 aerial.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 114
  • AMC10 CU.jpg
    AMC10 CU.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 126

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I can honestly say that I am not the slightest bit upset about this decision and look forward to whatever will replace RnRBC. As long as AC and Raglan Rd stay intact they could bulldoze the rest of the island as far as I am concerned.

SeanC

You know what's sad...there are rides, attractions, etc in the parks that each person regularly skips, different for everybody, of course, but with the exception of a slight few (Stitch for example) you don't hear a big call for massive destruction of every ride "I" don't ride, yet it seems most people who don't use, like, or have outgrown PI calls for its demise, or at least the destruction of every club "I" don't go to...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You know what's sad...there are rides, attractions, etc in the parks that each person regularly skips, different for everybody, of course, but with the exception of a slight few (Stitch for example) you don't hear a big call for massive destruction of every ride "I" don't ride, yet it seems most people who don't use, like, or have outgrown PI calls for its demise, or at least the destruction of every club "I" don't go to...
I am surely not calling for the destruction of every club I do not go to but it would not upset me if they were replaced by something else. I do not care for Bennigan's but I am not organizing any type of campaign to have them removed. However, when I see one close up I am happy at the possibility of something new that I will like replacing it. Same thing at PI. Currently there are only 2 clubs and one restaurant that I have even the slightest interest in. If the ones that do not interest me are closed and replaced with something different then there is a possibility that I can add another venue to the list of things I like at PI.

hrcollectibles

Yep, back when it was a 10 screen cinema it was the only thing standing west of the island. It still is that close, the east and north additions for additional Westside stores make it seem further away. Plus, the main and only entrance was the one facing PI; the west entrance on the corner facing the Virgin complex was added when AMC10 became AMC24 as Westside opened and the building was extended. Look below; the brown roofs are the original building, the white ones the additions to make 24 screens. Note the smaller additions north of the main brown roofs for Westside shopping units too. I`ve also posted an aerial of the original AMC10 to show its true position in relation to todays PI.

Thanx Could you also tell me where the Jessica Rabbit sign was located?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom