CONFIRMED: Kodak Leaving Imagination

FigmentJedi

An announcement on JII4 be a great thing to save for D23 2011. Just imagine the music suddenly playing and the Dreamcatcher coming on stage. That would be the perfect "DF lives" announcement.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
An announcement on JII4 be a great thing to save for D23 2011. Just imagine the music suddenly playing and the Dreamcatcher coming on stage. That would be the perfect "DF lives" announcement.

That would be great although I have no idea what a dreamcatcher has to do with it :lookaroun

wolf359

Isn't Kodak the reason the ride was redone in the first place?

Yes. I think the reason Kodak is stepping aside might be the other way around, this time. Perhaps Disney wanted to rehab, Kodak balked at the cost, and either they drop sponsorship or Disney decides not to renew the contract.

Coming up with a "what happens next" is the tricky part, if you use what happened at other pavilions as a possible guide.

I guess the worse case is Imagination goes the way of Wonders of Life, but I can't imagine Disney would do that.

The second possibility would be like Spaceship Earth. Close the post show indefinitely and run the rest of the show as-is until another sponsor can be found.

Another option would be like The Living Seas. Disney shuts down, overhauls and upgrades the entire pavilion, and operates it themselves, without a sponsor.

Out of those three possibilities I suppose the third one is the best, because Disney could start work sooner and not have to cater to an outside sponsor's requests, but the possibility of a much more modest budget is greater if Disney is footing the entire bill themselves.

jt04

Yes. I think the reason Kodak is stepping aside might be the other way around, this time. Perhaps Disney wanted to rehab, Kodak balked at the cost, and either they drop sponsorship or Disney decides not to renew the contract.

Coming up with a "what happens next" is the tricky part, if you use what happened at other pavilions as a possible guide.

I guess the worse case is Imagination goes the way of Wonders of Life, but I can't imagine Disney would do that.

The second possibility would be like Spaceship Earth. Close the post show indefinitely and run the rest of the show as-is until another sponsor can be found.

Another option would be like The Living Seas. Disney shuts down, overhauls and upgrades the entire pavilion, and operates it themselves, without a sponsor.

Out of those three possibilities I suppose the third one is the best, because Disney could start work sooner and not have to cater to an outside sponsor's requests, but the possibility of a much more modest budget is greater if Disney is footing the entire bill themselves.

It is pretty much a certainty that if Disney finances the refurb it will be be franchise themed. I just can't think of what franchise they would use or showcase unless they intend to go with an entirely new concept and drop the imagination theme.

FigmentJedi

It is pretty much a certainty that if Disney finances the refurb it will be be franchise themed. I just can't think of what franchise they would use or showcase unless they intend to go with an entirely new concept and drop the imagination theme.

Or you know, just go to something similar to the original Imagination concept. Hell, make a franchise out of it, there's a lot of potential in there.

cookiee_munster

what with the advancement in technology these days, id love for a new attraction to come along with Walt Disney starring in it, talking all about imagination etc. with the help of voice actors and look-alikes i think they could make a really awesome attraction based on a man that was full of imagination :)

Magenta Panther

Heck, they should make Dreamfinder and Figment a franchise. Develop a TV show around them. Maybe even a movie. That'd rock! I'd watch them. :sohappy:

aladdin2007

Heck, they should make Dreamfinder and Figment a franchise. Develop a TV show around them. Maybe even a movie. That'd rock! I'd watch them. :sohappy:

Perfect for a 3D movie next door too!! Also pull up Pooh's Honey Hunt sometime at tokyo disneyland on youtube. Incredible attraction, its layout, effects, and trackless vehicles would be perfect in Imagination. It has animated effects along the walls, along with incredible surroundings. A mixture of physical and digital this way would be great for a new version of Journey into Imagination. But I doubt we will ever see anything that ornate go into there. Would be nice though.

NoChesterHester

Perfect for a 3D movie next door too!! Also pull up Pooh's Honey Hunt sometime at tokyo disneyland on youtube. Incredible attraction, its layout, effects, and trackless vehicles would be perfect in Imagination. It has animated effects along the walls, along with incredible surroundings. A mixture of physical and digital this way would be great for a new version of Journey into Imagination. But I doubt we will ever see anything that ornate go into there. Would be nice though.

If Tron is the success it is hoped to be, I wonder if they would look at that as the permanent 3d movie replacement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom