CONFIRMED: Kodak Leaving Imagination

Thrill Seeker

I don't think our version is "lame". It isn't as technologically impressive as Tokyo's, of course, but it is very charming, cute, whimsical, happy and fun; has lovable characters and catchy songs; and does a great job telling the story of Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day! I think it fits well with the other Fantasyland dark rides.

Not meant as an arguement, just defending my 4th favorite attraction in the entire MK, and in some moods it could be higher! ;) (behind at most, only Small World, Splash Mountain, and CBJ!) ;)

Plus we have the best version of the two US parks. According to some Disneyland folks, our ride is a lot longer and uses the bouncing and rocking effects that theirs doesn't have.

Lee

Adventurer
On the topic of Journey into Imagination, anyone see last night's tweet that someone ran into Tony Baxter at JII? Not sure what to make of that...

Not sure who tweeted, but it was myself, Martin, Spirit and a couple others that ran into Tony last night.
Yes, it was near Imagination, but that was just a coincidence. He wasn't in the park on business, just visiting. He's not involved in anything on this coast.

He did have some quite amusing opinions about the current version of Imagination, though...:lol:

Oh, and Kodak pulling out of Imagination had nothing to do with EO.

Neverland

Plus we have the best version of the two US parks. According to some Disneyland folks, our ride is a lot longer and uses the bouncing and rocking effects that theirs doesn't have.

WDW's Pooh is way better than Disneyland's. Disneyland's is a bit creepy and indeed doesn't have the bouncing/floating bits. I hear our Snow White is the best out of anyone's, too. Tokyo's Snow White is a near copy of WDW's old one (Remember? The one where the witch kills you at the end?). It works the other way, too!

Lee

Adventurer
Can you share? LOL

LOL
I'm not sure he wanted it to be on the record, but the gist of it was that he didn't want to take credit for what was there now.
There may have been some slight eye-rolling and a subtle "Ugh" muttered in the pavillion's general direction.

BrerFrog

Isn't he in charge of Disneyland? What would he be doing in WDW (if not on vacation which I doubt).

Yeah, he is in charge of Disneyland. Maybe things are so slow on his park that he decided to drop by and check WDW. :lol:

LOL
I'm not sure he wanted it to be on the record, but the gist of it was that he didn't want to take credit for what was there now.
There may have been some slight eye-rolling and a subtle "Ugh" muttered in the pavillion's general direction.

I wish I was there to witness those comments. Lee and Martin meeting Baxter at EPCOT, talk about an epic day for WDW. :D

SoccerMickey

Can you share? LOL

From what I heard after Tony Baxter's ride on Imagination the only thing he said was something along the lines of, "Well, this isn't the WORST version of this attraction."
Also I apologize if this has already been posted but the latest I heard was Nokia was taking over the sponsorship.

aladdin2007

From what I heard after Tony Baxter's ride on Imagination the only thing he said was something along the lines of, "Well, this isn't the WORST version of this attraction."
Also I apologize if this has already been posted but the latest I heard was Nokia was taking over the sponsorship.

Nokia? I cant really see that fitting in there for some reason. But if they are going to cough up some good cash to redo the ride Im all for it. I guess Nokia isnt really all that different than Kodak in a way, just different products. But thats the first Ive heard of a nokia rumor.

JWG

Where did the Nokia rumor come from?! News to most of us.

BrerFrog

Details, please? :D

Disco Yeti

Not sure who tweeted, but it was myself, Martin, Spirit and a couple others that ran into Tony last night.
Yes, it was near Imagination, but that was just a coincidence. He wasn't in the park on business, just visiting. He's not involved in anything on this coast.

And why isn't he involved on this coast? It could do this coast some good, I say.

Lee

Adventurer
Lee, did Spirit ask any tough questions or did he turn into a giggling fanboi? I expect the latter...
Nah...Spirit and Tony go back a ways, so he was far from fanboyish.
Actually, it was a pleasant, brief conversation, with no real interrogation of the poor fellow.

And why isn't he involved on this coast? It could do this coast some good, I say.
Tony is assigned to a creative role at DL, mostly overseeing small projects like Lincoln, castle walkthrough, and the Rivers refurb.
Conventional wisdom says he's in the later stages if his WDI career, and will likely finish up without another major project.
I see a window on Main St in his future.

jt04

Nah...Spirit and Tony go back a ways, so he was far from fanboyish.
Actually, it was a pleasant, brief conversation, with no real interrogation of the poor fellow.

Tony is assigned to a creative role at DL, mostly overseeing small projects like Lincoln, castle walkthrough, and the Rivers refurb.
Conventional wisdom says he's in the later stages if his WDI career, and will likely finish up without another major project.
I see a window on Main St in his future.

It would be nice if they let him install a clone of the castle walk through from DL at the MK before he goes in about 10 years or more hopefully.

Why would they want an Imagineer that so obviously understands the product and what fans want to leave? :veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom