CONFIRMED: Kodak Leaving Imagination

BrerFrog

Salary, age, the fact he and his boss Tom F. don't get along too well, etc.
Lots of factors leading to Tony leaving in the short term.

Yeah, I was reading through a long discussion on that the other day.

I think Baxter having his hands on the current Imagination pavillion for a complete overhaul wouldn't do that relationship a lot of good.

aladdin2007

Yeah, I was reading through a long discussion on that the other day.

I think Baxter having his hands on the current Imagination pavillion for a complete overhaul wouldn't do that relationship a lot of good.

If Tom F is in on it he will just want to add screens through the whole thing and in the vehicles, maybe joysticks too. :brick:

misterID

How did the same guy who made Horizons come up with that Imagination redo? :(

I mean, come on, he has to know people hate his redesigned Imagination... Both versions. Why can't someone tell Tom to step back and let others take over. I mean, people above him must know how much people hate this ride, right? Why can't they put Baxter in charge of it?Arrrggghhh.

:fork:

ChrisFL

Premium Member
How did the same guy who made Horizons come up with that Imagination redo? :(

I mean, come on, he has to know people hate his redesigned Imagination... Both versions. Why can't someone tell Tom to step back and let others take over. I mean, people above him must know how much people hate this ride, right? Why can't they put Baxter in charge of it?Arrrggghhh.

:fork:

If you're implying that Tom F. made Horizons, he didn't. His likeness was in the attraction as we know, but he wasn't the main Imagineer behind it, I think it was Bob Gurr

aladdin2007

If you're implying that Tom F. made Horizons, he didn't. His likeness was in the attraction as we know, but he wasn't the main Imagineer behind it, I think it was Bob Gurr

and Ironically the same one (gurr) who didnt finish what he started in spaceship earth. Yes I know Siemens is to blame too.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Gurr and George Mcginnis were the steering forces of Horizons. Fitzgerald was just a lowly show writer.

misterID

Then how in the world did Fitzgerald get such a position of authority over Tony Baxter?? This makes no sense.

All his time I thought he was a huge part of the most immersive attraction in Disney history. And now I find out he was just there for the Imax screens. I feel used.

HMF

Then how in the world did Fitzgerald get such a position of authority over Tony Baxter?? This makes no sense.

All his time I thought he was a huge part of the most immersive attraction in Disney history. And now I find out he was just there for the Imax screens. I feel used.
Because Fitzgerald and his screen fetish are cheaper than AA's.
Tony Baxter is a traditionalist rebel. Fitzgerald is a "yes" man.

ILOVEDISNEY

Sorry to see Kodak go, but they have been hurting big time financially for years since they were so late in responding to the digital camera revolution. Plus, what digital cameras they had/have are not as good as their competitors. I guess the song "Makin' Memories" by the Sherman brothers from Journey is all we will have left of Kodak. I would not be surprised to see Fuji take its place at WDW. Time will tell.

JWG

What, I'm the only one who still uses Advantix film? :lookaroun

:lol:

I never had an Advantix camera. It seemed too trendy and unlikely to last. If I had to have a canister, it was going to be 35mm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom