Trip Report **COMPLETED** The 4 M's (Plus two J's and a N): A Birthday Christmas Extravaganza

Hello everyone - we got back from the World yesterday so time to start our trip report.

Who ?
The whole family (as the title indicates)
My sister Jill and my brother in law Nick
582300149.jpeg

My other sister Betta (her name is Elizabeth we call her Betta) and my nephew Max
DSC_0996.jpg

And my parents (Jeff and Mary) and myself (Megan)
IMG_3080.jpg

When?
December 3-8, 2019
Jill and Nick were there November 30-December 6, 2019

Why?
To celebrate Jill's 40th Birthday and Christmas :)

Where?
Port Orleans French Quarter - our favorite moderate

The title:
I like the title the 4 M's because that's what Max calls my Mom, Betta, him and I - Mary, Mom (Betta), Max and Megan :) Then - just added some initials :hilarious:

Day 1 December 3, 2019
After work I headed home and met up with my Mom, Dad, Max and Betta and we headed to the airport. We were originally supposed to leave the next day, but that flight got pushed to 5 am and I work typically until 9 pm on Tuesday nights. So, I adjusted my schedule and we took this flight instead of having to get up SUPER early after a late work night.
I should mention that Betta was on crutches this trip - this is from her surgery I have mentioned before (hip surgery) that she had 8 weeks ago. Needed some help getting around long distances.
I had a hard time taking photos this trip just due to pushing the stroller mostly so sorry in advance.
We had some dinner in the airport then headed to our gate.
DSC_0003.JPG

Our room was ready and it turns out we were next to Jill and Nick and Betta and Max were next to us. We did not ask for this so that was a nice surprise.
fullsizeoutput_42ab.jpeg

Our plane was at the gate but for some reason no one got off for forever. Then, we had 10 wheelchairs that needed to go on one at a time.
IMG_0192.JPG

Finally we boarded about 20 minutes late.
mzP6wRNRRmWsjDnpf58EvQ.jpg

v+vGR4T%RM+FoGaAw4q8bg.jpg

We ended up having to de-ice. It was SUPER dry out at the time we were supposed to leave but all of a sudden started snowing SO hard right before we left.
You can kind of see it outside the window
KHEu8TfaRUW9gwaxsN4FoQ.jpg

So...in the end we ended up leaving about 45 minutes late :confused:
The flight felt like it took forever but eventually we landed at 9:30 pm.
New Star Wars Galaxy's Edge stuff around the fonorail
DSC_0012.JPG

Next up: more arrival

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
IMG_0819.JPG

Post Rise high
IMG_0822.JPG

Everyone finally made it to Galaxy's Edge
IMG_0823.JPG

IMG_0824.JPG

file-178.jpg

IMG_0825.JPG

DSC_0095.JPG

DSC_0097.JPG

Some little kid saw my Mom wearing the baby Yoda shirt and gave us this adorable 3D printed baby Yoda (err The Child) that Max loved!
file-179.jpg

My Dad is by far the biggest fan of Star Wars in our family so I showed him around Galaxy's Edge. Funny how we still have not gone on Smuggler's Run :)
DSC_0098.JPG

Next up: more HS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
After Star Tours we waited to meet Olaf
587296938.jpeg

587296928.jpeg

587297417.jpeg

Then it was time for SDD!
IMG_0839.JPG

Ride number 3 this day!
IMG_0840.JPG

IMG_0841D.JPG

587327060.jpeg

587327256.jpeg

After this my sister and Max took a Minnie Van home (easiest way with her crutches) so they could get to bed early since we had a pretty early flight the next day. My Dad, Mom and I stayed behind because we had dinner plans.
While we waited for dinner I took a bunch of random photos.
The Hollywood Studios decorations are by far my favorite Christmas decorations !
IMG_0842.JPG

DSC_0112.JPG

Next up: more HS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
file-181.jpg

Soon enough we were seated and we were finally at a table by a TV!
IMG_0850D.JPG

For an appetizer we started with onion rings
IMG_0853D.JPG

For entrees my Mom and I shared the fried chicken
IMG_0854D.JPG

And my Dad got the special which was the turkey dinner
IMG_0855D.JPG

Yum! Everything was great! Our waitress was hilarious too - we had a great time. We all agreed it was the perfect dinner to end our trip with.
After this we sadly had to head out of the park :( My Mom and I were exhausted. This was the longest we have ever been in a park/out of the hotel - it was well over 12 hours . It was a crazy but amazing day!
IMG_0857D.JPG

Bye Hollywood Studios :(
IMG_0858.JPG

We took a Lyft back home but the driver was super lost - it took forever :hilarious:

Next up: Day 6 - leaving

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 December 8, 2019
We got up at 4 am and got ready to leave for home :cry: While we were waiting for our DME people were out and about waiting to go to Hollywood Studios -before 5 am! o_O
They did extend the hours this day so I think the park opened at 7 am - makes sense why there were up so early !
IMG_0859D.JPG

I finally took a few Christmas decor photos while we waited
IMG_0861D.JPG

IMG_0862D.JPG

IMG_0863D.JPG

IMG_0864D.JPG

Then it was DME time :(
IMG_0867.JPG

BYE DISNEY 😪
One cool thing was we could see the Bill's stadium on the way home
IMG_0875.JPG

Anyway - thank you for reading! Our next trip is for the Princess Half Marathon !

Minnesota disney fan

Your trip report was a lot of fun! I also like the Christmas decorations at HS the best. Also love the lobby at POFQ, and the lobby smell! I have the candle that smells just like it - Heaven:) The look on Max's face when he hugged Olaf was priceless! Can't wait for March:)

seggerman

that was a great TSM score! I wondered where the crowds were but I realized you were there same time I was - and the crowds were managable until the 7th. I commend your little boy for not getting tired and cranky.

riverside

Super enjoyable as always!! I've been going back & forth about getting up so early to go on Ride of the Resistance(esp. since I'm not a Star Wars fan) but your commentary on it is making me lean towards doing it!! Also, I hope your sister is doing better & off the crutches now. I've been on them one too many times & I totally feel for her. She's a trooper--I can't imagine navigating Disney with them. She had to have some seriously strong arms by the end of that trip!!

slipperalwaysfits

Ah!! We were so excited! There is something so amazing/nerve wracking/exciting about knowing you are going to ride an attraction for the first time ever. This time was even more exciting because everyone said this one was incredible!

YES!! That is a really exciting feeling! I am looking forward to RotR in the fall! I'm a little nervous about the TRON Launch (I hear it's as fast as the RnRC) but hopefully, I'll get over it and enjoy the ride!

After Star Tours we waited to meet Olaf

Max looks so excited!

My Mom and I were exhausted. This was the longest we have ever been in a park/out of the hotel - it was well over 12 hours . It was a crazy but amazing day!

We definitely try to go back to the hotel mid-day to rest but with your boarding time, it just didn't make sense. We would have done the same thing you did, and been exhausted but happy afterwords! Sorry you got lost on the way home. Minnie Vans are expensive but sometimes worth it since they are trained.

One cool thing was we could see the Bill's stadium on the way home

I love flying into my hometown (Seattle) and noticing all the landmarks! I live in Denver now, so when we fly in, we can see certain main roads and even our neighborhood since it's distinctly located at the moment (in the middle of a field!)

She's a trooper--I can't imagine navigating Disney with them. She had to have some seriously strong arms by the end of that trip!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing. Glad you got to experience rise of the resistance. We have overlapping dates again next month!

Did you end up getting on ? Maybe this time we will actually run into each other!

Your trip report was a lot of fun! I also like the Christmas decorations at HS the best. Also love the lobby at POFQ, and the lobby smell! I have the candle that smells just like it - Heaven:) The look on Max's face when he hugged Olaf was priceless! Can't wait for March:)

He just saw Frozen for the first time right before this trip and he just loves Olaf!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
that was a great TSM score! I wondered where the crowds were but I realized you were there same time I was - and the crowds were managable until the 7th. I commend your little boy for not getting tired and cranky.

Definitely manageable ! I think they said this time is usually slower but because of Rise it was a lot more crowded than usual.

Enjoyed your TR! Good luck on the half marathon, and good luck against my Texans today. ;)

.........Go Bills

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Super enjoyable as always!! I've been going back & forth about getting up so early to go on Ride of the Resistance(esp. since I'm not a Star Wars fan) but your commentary on it is making me lean towards doing it!! Also, I hope your sister is doing better & off the crutches now. I've been on them one too many times & I totally feel for her. She's a trooper--I can't imagine navigating Disney with them. She had to have some seriously strong arms by the end of that trip!!

I think its worth doing at least once! Star Wars fan or not its worth going on just to see how far they have come in terms of attraction designs - its SO different but amazing!

:facepalm::banghead: She did not actually crutch - they were just for her to walk with for balance support after her surgery :bored: She did not need them at all - my Mom and I were confused why she even had them since she was told to get off of them weeks before

Doc Disney

Original Poster
YES!! That is a really exciting feeling! I am looking forward to RotR in the fall! I'm a little nervous about the TRON Launch (I hear it's as fast as the RnRC) but hopefully, I'll get over it and enjoy the ride!

Max looks so excited!

We definitely try to go back to the hotel mid-day to rest but with your boarding time, it just didn't make sense. We would have done the same thing you did, and been exhausted but happy afterwords! Sorry you got lost on the way home. Minnie Vans are expensive but sometimes worth it since they are trained.

I love flying into my hometown (Seattle) and noticing all the landmarks! I live in Denver now, so when we fly in, we can see certain main roads and even our neighborhood since it's distinctly located at the moment (in the middle of a field!)

Oh really ?! I have not read much about the Tron launch - I will have to look into it! We always take a break in the afternoon - even if its just 30 minutes - its just nice to decompress. I know - I actually don't know why we did not just take a Minnie Van we usually do! Oh that's cool to fly into !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom