Trip Report **COMPLETED** - Should we go, or should we postpone? We made it to WDW!

Hello everyone!!

It has been awhile since I have posted a thread. In fact, the last one I posted was one year ago and it was a pre-trip report for our first Disney cruise that would later be cancelled. We began planning for this trip, not knowing what the future would hold. I have to say, that the months leading up to this trip, I began wondering if it was meant to be. A few months ago, my husband and I both came down with the dreaded virus. It took us a full two weeks to really get over it. I was worried about our son, but he never showed any signs, but of course had to quarantine with us. Then a couple weeks later, they had a break out of the stomach virus at his school. He recovered, then after 3 days back in school, he caught it again! I went back and forth with cancelling because I didn't want him to miss anymore school, but he worked really hard to catch up and his teachers have been very supportive. With that being said, we were all healthy again, so off to WDW we went!! I'm happy to share our trip with you all and hope that you all enjoy. We had a fantastic time!

Dates: Friday, April 23rd - Saturday, May 1st
Where: Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Who: Me (Heather), my DH (Josh) and my DS (Cam)

IMG_3343.JPG

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Wednesday, April 28th

Today, we had a breakfast reservation at Trattoria al Forno. We were halfway down the hall when Josh realized he forgot his wallet. Since it held both of our ID's and credit card, we turned back for it. Only now none of our magic bands would open the door and neither would my phone. Previous times when they would not work, it would still blink, but now there was no blinking light. I was nervous to go to breakfast without the wallet, thinking if our magic bands wouldn't work we wouldn't be able to pay. Josh went down to the front desk and came back with a cast member who had to open our door with the master key. It was determined that our battery was dead, so that explains why we were having trouble with it all week. She apologized and said she would have an engineer come while we were out to get it changed out. Happy to report that when we did return later in the day, it was fixed and we no longer had any issues getting in for the rest of the trip.

We had never dined at Trattoria al Forno previously for the character breakfast, but I wanted to try it out since it was a short walk from our resort. Josh and I both started with an iced coffee.

IMG_3559.jpg

This was bomb! Soooo good. Josh even ordered a second one. He's not a huge coffee fan, but he's got a growing love for iced coffee and he said this was the best one he's ever had. I don't know if I'd take it that far, but it was pretty dang good.

Our meals followed shortly after. For me, I had the Buttermilk Pancakes with Seasonal Compote (which was strawberry) and bacon.
IMG_3560.jpg

These were so good. I loved how the edges of the pancake were crispy and they were quite fluffy.

Josh got the Oak Grilled Steak and Eggs which he enjoyed.
IMG_3563.jpg

And Mickey Waffles for Cam.
IMG_3561.jpg

Fancy mirror near the restrooms which are shared with Abracadabar. The bathrooms were fancy too!
IMG_3565.jpg

We definitely enjoyed Trattoria al Forno for breakfast and I didn't mind that the characters weren't there. It's a pretty restaurant, service was great and the music was fun!

Afterwards, we walked over to EPCOT.
IMG_3566.jpg

Cam had seen the Fruit Loop shake and really wanted to try it, so we made our way to Test Track. The booth hadn't quite open yet, so we got in line to ride Test Track again. We were seated in a car with an older couple who sat in the front row. As soon as we got past the seatbelt check they pulled their masks down and rode the entire ride with it all the way down. The didn't pull it back up until we nearly reached the unloading area. Our ride photo didn't show up and I'm assuming that was the reason why. By the time we got out the stand was open.

IMG_3569.jpg

It was yummy! Cam had like 3 sips, said it was really good, but didn't want anymore. :hilarious:
I ended up finishing most of it.

We walked over to the Butterfly Garden since there was no line. We never did the actual Spike the Bee hunt, but we looked for him and found it a few times.
IMG_3570.jpg

We made our way in!
IMG_3571.jpg

IMG_3572.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
IMG_3573.jpg

IMG_3574.jpg

Cam hoping a butterfly would land on him.

Hello little guy!
IMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3576.jpg

IMG_3578.jpg

The Butterfly house is neat and really pretty, but it's a sauna in there! I was ready to get out. We rode Soarin' again then stopped to watch the Awesome Planet show. Josh likes watching stuff like that so it was right up his alley. Plus a nice A/C break never hurt anybody!
IMG_3579.jpg

IMG_3580.jpg

Cam wanted to take a picture of me.
IMG_3581.jpg

We were going to take one more ride on Spaceship Earth, but the wait was up to 45 minutes so we headed out.
IMG_3584.JPG

So long, EPCOT! (for now)
IMG_3586.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
We still had some time before park hopping hours opened up and we were getting hungry. We were going to catch a bus to either Grand Floridian or Contemporary, whichever pulled up first. Contemporary was it! While on the bus, we put in an order at the Contempo Cafe. By now you know, I wasn't the best at always remembering to take pictures. It wasn't busy at all and was so nice just having lunch, watching the monorail go by. The Hot Turkey Sandwich 10/10 recommend!

We caught the monorail over to Magic Kingdom!
IMG_3589.jpg

My heart was happy. :inlove:
IMG_3591.jpg

Got to say, don't LOVE the pink. I do love the decorations though.

Josh wanted to stop for some PP pictures. We got in line behind one other family and then had to move to the side because a calvacade was coming!
IMG_3592.jpg

IMG_3593.jpg

We got back in line and ooops, sorry another calvacade is coming!
IMG_3594.jpg

IMG_3595.jpg

IMG_3597.jpg

Back in line again, third times a charm!
IMG_3629.JPG

IMG_3632.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
We asked Cam what he wanted to ride first and his vote was for Haunted Mansion. I pulled up the app and the wait wasn't bad, so off we went. Only we get there and they were having technical difficulties and had just shut down. No worries, let's go to Big Thunder! This is one Cam wouldn't ride on our last visit.
IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3601.jpg

He said it was nothing and that he'd definitely ride it again.

I checked on Haunted Mansion and it was up and running again, so we went back that direction.
IMG_3602.jpg

Awkward!
IMG_3637.JPG

Fantasyland next! Josh's favorite ride, It's a Small World! (I'm being sarcastic, it's his worse nightmare, LOL).
IMG_3603.jpg

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3607.jpg

We wanted something else to drink other than water, so we stopped by Gaston's and got some Powerade. So this was the first time I'd ever been in there and I also had no idea there were restrooms hidden back there. Good to know! We relaxed a bit and hydrated.
IMG_3608.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

Cam asked to ride Barnstormer next so we went there before heading back to Under the Sea.
IMG_3610.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Josh doesn't care for Space Mountain and Cam didn't want to ride, so we agreed that they'd go on Buzz while I took off on Space!
IMG_3626.JPG

Cam was mad his Daddy beat him. :mad:

IMG_3636.JPG

Soooooo excited when Peoplemover opened a few days before this!! I wasn't expecting to be able to ride it on our trip, so we met up after at the Peoplemover!
IMG_3617.jpg

IMG_3618.jpg

IMG_3620.jpg

Sun was setting and it was nearly time for our dinner reservation. We were dining at the Diamond Horseshoe with a Liberty Tavern Menu. :bored: A little bummed that we were walked next door and that I wouldn't get to experience Liberty Tree Tavern in it's full glory.

Nonetheless, we still got to feast!
IMG_3622.jpg

IMG_3623.jpg

Picky boy was able to get chicken tenders.
IMG_3624.jpg

The only thing wrong with the food was that I got full way too fast. Not too full for this though!
IMG_3625.jpg

It was everything I dreamed it would be!!!! I didn't even care that I had to eat it in the Diamond Horseshoe.

Afterwards, we rolled ourselves out of the MK back to the Yacht Club for a good night's rest because we'd be back in the morning.

BigDis

Sun was setting and it was nearly time for our dinner reservation. We were dining at the Diamond Horseshoe with a Liberty Tavern Menu. :bored: A little bummed that we were walked next door and that I wouldn't get to experience Liberty Tree Tavern in it's full glory

Nonetheless, we still got to feast
View attachment 556598
It was everything I dreamed it would be!!!! I didn't even care that I had to eat it in the Diamond Horseshoe.

Afterwards, we rolled ourselves out of the MK back to the Yacht Club for a good night's rest because we'd be back in the morning.

I see a pattern here. You are the third, maybe fourth, magician to write in their TR that they got seated at the Diamond Horseshoe rather than the Liberty Tree Tavern much to their chagrin. Coincidence? I think not!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Thursday, April 29th

It was another early morning for us and we caught the first bus out to MK!
IMG_3634.jpg

Cam was looking very tropical and also getting a little golden. He gets his coloring from Josh, not me, who was feeling a tad burnt.

We went straight to 7 Dwarfs. We watched as they tested the ride.
IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3638.jpg

The line was getting very long behind us. Before long, they opened things up and we were on in no time! When we pulled back in after the ride, the cast member asked us if we'd like to ride again. SURE! She walked us back around the loading area. Needless to say, Cam was so excited.
IMG_3644.jpg

IMG_3646.jpg

IMG_3676.JPG

After our two rides, we headed to Splash. We had seen from the day before that the line was getting very long for Splash during the day so we wanted to knock it out early. Splash was another first for Cam.
IMG_3647 (1).jpg

IMG_3650.jpg

IMG_3677.JPG

He had his eyes closed, but he said he loved it.

He wanted to do Big Thunder again, so we walked next door and walked on it.
IMG_3651.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Next up, was Pirates!
IMG_3678.JPG

IMG_3679.JPG

IMG_3681.JPG

It had been a lovely morning so far and we were ready for some coffee. We made our way over to Tomorrowland and ended up stopping by the Joffrey's stand. We ordered a couple iced coffees and some pastries and found a seat, ate and did some people watching. While we were having our little break, Stitch came out.

IMG_3654.jpg

Josh was ready for a nap so...
IMG_3657.jpg

Only it was his first time seeing it and he ended up watching and enjoying the whole show.

We rode my least favorite thing in all of Disney World. I didn't even get photographic evidence, but the Speedway. I was going to sit it out, but Cam really wanted me to ride. Then we walked around a little bit before our lunch reservation.
IMG_3658.jpg

IMG_3659.jpg

IMG_3661.jpg

IMG_3662.jpg

IMG_3663.jpg

Drinker Bell

In the Parks
No
What a lovely vacation you and your family look like you are having. Trattoria al Forno is one of my favorite places to eat although I have never ate there for breakfast the dinners are wonderful. It looks like your days at both Epcot and the Magic Kingdom have been fantastic and the weather has been beautiful. It also looks like you and your family have been able to experience quite a lot. Looking forward to more adventures.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Lunch was a new one for us. I loved the atmosphere here.
IMG_3664.jpg

Josh and I weren't super hungry since we had the pastries not long before this so we split the Plaza Loaded Fries and the Club. Yummmmmy!
IMG_3666.jpg

IMG_3667.jpg

The only thing that would have made this better would have been the tomatoes my husband had them remove. :confused:

I bet you will never guess what Cam ordered...
IMG_3665.jpg

We had already decided we would head back to the resort for a break, but not before dessert. There was something I really wanted to try. On the way there, we were going to see the Tiki Birds but the show just started so it was going to be another 15 minutes. Instead, I went ahead and put in my mobile order while Josh and Cam rode the carpets.

IMG_3668.jpg

The Kakamora Float! I wish I had this now. That coconut soft serve was to die for. I took it over and watched the guys ride while I enjoyed my float.

IMG_3670.jpg

Cam really wanted the Orange Bird sipper, so I while he was on the Carpets I put in an order to surprise him. He thought he was just taking a picture with the Orange Bird wall.
IMG_3652.jpg

But he was so happy with his surprise!
IMG_3671.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Our bellies were full, the sun was beaming, and the pool was calling our name (and the bed was calling Josh). I should note that I had heard reports in the FB group I was following that the pool had been reaching capacity and they were doing the text feature to call you back when there was open room, but we never had any issues getting into Storm Along Bay throughout the week.

Cam played in the sandbar area for awhile.
IMG_3686.jpg

IMG_3688.jpg

IMG_3689.jpg

There was a duck that was swimming in the pool and 3 little kids kept chasing it. After about 30 minutes of listening to the Lifeguards yelling, "Princess, don't chase the ducks" which turned into, "STOP CHASING THE DUCK!!!" while the parents just sat in their chairs doing nothing, I told Cam I was ready to move to another area of the pool. A more relaxing area! We walked around for a bit trying to find some empty seats. We finally found some across the bridge in the corner. It was perfect because it was shaded by the buildings.
IMG_3695.jpg

IMG_3696.jpg

Cam swam for awhile and I had the perfect view of him to lounge.
IMG_3694.jpg

After awhile, he hopped out and played in the sand around the edge of the pool.
IMG_3691 (1).jpg

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_3693.jpg

Eventually, Josh texted to find out where we were because he had made his way down.
IMG_3697.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Yes, Daddy was up and that meant only one thing. Slide time!
IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3699.jpg

Daddy had to go down first so he'd be down there to catch him. It was the only way he felt "safe" going down the slide.
IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3705.jpg

IMG_3706.jpg

They went down multiple times and I even went down once. We were supposed to go back to the park, but we were having such a great time at the pool that we decided to not go back. I got on the app while we were at the pool and tried to see if there was anything close that had a dinner reservation open. I looked on Open Table as well. I know how @lostpro9het raves about Il Mulino at the Swan and Dolphin and saw they had an reservation open. I grabbed it, but then cancelled because I worried that we would be under dressed. I wasn't sure of the dress code, it looked fancy and we didn't have anything other than shorts. Instead, I grabbed a dinner reservation at Trattoria al Forno. Would I regret this decision?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom