Trip Report **COMPLETED** It's My Mom's Birthday and We Will Stay DVC If We Want To

Hello everyone!
We just got back from the World on Saturday night so it's time to start my Trip Report!

Who?
My Mom (Mary) and myself Megan
IMG_2148.JPG

Where?
The Beach Club Villas! It was our first DVC stay (hence the title) and we loved it!
DSC_0016.JPG

When?
August 9-17, 2019

Why?
Also as the title indicates it was my Mom's Birthday!

Day 1 August 9, 2019
We stayed at a hotel across from the airport the night before since our flight was pretty early and it was cheaper than parking my car at the airport. Plus it was Southwest Points :) So, we got ourselves out of bed at 3:30 am 😴
I completely forgot I said I would make the sign we usually use for our trip so I grabbed some computer paper from the hotel printers and my Mom made a makeshift one :joyfull:
DSC_0059.JPG

Could not keep my eyes open so we ended up with this one :joyfull:
DSC_0061.JPG

The hotel said that they would have to put us in a taxi because their shuttle did not run between midnight and 5 am. I was worried about getting all of our luggage into a taxi but when we went up to the desk around 4 am they had the shuttle ready. Hooray!
The Southwest Counter was not open when we got to the airport but it opened within a few minutes. Our luggage was checked and TSA precheck was open so we made it through security very quickly.
We stopped for our usual breakfast of bagels but they only had one so we got a bagel and a croissant
DSC_0064.JPG

The croissant was not very good but we were good with just the bagel :)
We headed to our gate and the therapy dog Jake was there! He usually does not start until 9 am but his owner knew a family flying to Disney so he brought him in. Of course I had to get a picture
dI++uGtxSXiUH5Gv2wscRg.jpg

Waiting to board our plane
yNvQ3LcUReeUH6s+rVXDvw.jpg

We boarded the plane super fast! We were in row 2!
PgPpQLOnTN22lwvax5LYVA.jpg

Gang is all here
otPvqHLbQjGsKMsG3V0+Lw.jpg

Magic Bands!
dtCjmYi1QFqJAe23vDbsUw.jpg

The entire plane was boarded by 5:55 except 2 passengers - so we were 15 minutes ahead of schedule except that we had to wait for them for about 10 minutes. It was a bit annoying and we ended up leaving a little late.

Next up: more traveling

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
How do the minnie Vans work these days? Now that I'm reading your TR, it might make sense for us to use one after our fireworks cruise too

You can get them through the Lyft app. They are a lot of money now like at least $30 at baseline but with us being alone we usually don't mind paying for it

Stanley
Or Lizzie

Agreed !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 August 15, 2019
We got up around 7 am and got ready for the day.
We had some leftover cake for breakfast :)
DSC_0531.JPG

This day we originally did not have FPs planned until the evening in Epcot and thought we may want to go to the water park in the morning. However, with all the fun we were having at Stormalong Bay we did not feel the need to go back to a water park. So, we changed our FPs to morning FPs at MK. It's surprising how many FPs you can get last minute at MK. We would have gone to Epcot but it is much harder to find last minute Fast Passes there.
We hopped on the MK bus. Just like it transformed into Halloween while we were there the security also transformed :)
The old one was blocked off
DSC_0534.JPG

We stopped for a PP picture right away !
496246281.jpeg

496246080.jpeg

The Halloween decorations were finally all up!
fullsizeoutput_3c6a.jpeg

While we were waiting for the park to open my sister Betta called and asked my Mom and I if we would like to join her and Max in September for her Birthday. She found some very cheap flights and offered to pay for all of the hotel :) Of course we said yes - so now we will also be in Disney this month too!
Park opening!
DSC_0544.JPG

We decided to Rope Drop Peter Pan. :)
DSC_0549.JPG

DSC_0550.JPG

DSC_0554.JPG

After Peter Pan we headed to IASW to use our first FP. The CM working the FP line literally would not let us use our FP. She's like the line is too short it's not worth it. She then said then you can change this FP to something later in the day for MK. I tried to say I just wanted to burn this FP so I could move the others up since we weren't planning on staying here all day. She literally did not get it and made us use standby. So weird.
IMG_5736.JPG

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
We ended up being on IASW for over 30 minutes while they pulled a boat out 🤪
IMG_5738.JPG

DSC_0564.JPG

DSC_0568.JPG

DSC_0576.JPG

After IASW we headed over to go on Carousel of Progress since we could not get on it the other day.
IMG_5740.JPG

DSC_0582.JPG

IMG_5742.JPG

We got stuck in this first scene twice and then...we got evacuated off of the ride!!
We had to go out this weird back way between the walls - C of P was not in our cards this trip apparently :hilarious:
DSC_0589.JPG

So...we went on the Peoplemover instead :)
DSC_0591.JPG

DSC_0593.JPG

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
We were pretty hungry so we decided to eat an early lunch at Pinocchio Village Haus
DSC_0612.JPG

We got there right when it opened so we had a short wait
I got the Gourmet cheese flatbread
IMG_5749.JPG

My Mom got the pepperoni flatbread
IMG_5750.JPG

And we shared a side of fries
IMG_5751.JPG

Lunch Views!
IMG_5752.JPG

After lunch we headed back towards our last FP - Haunted Mansion
Tangled stop along the way :)
DSC_0614.JPG

DSC_0616.JPG

I loved how they had actual fans in the que :hilarious::hilarious:
DSC_0617.JPG

Did not figure out where the camera was until after this ride :hilarious::hilarious:
496360861.jpeg

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
We wanted a treat so we decided to check out the the raspberry dole whip they brought back (even though the hei hei cone is gone). But, it is only a float so we ended up with a citrus swirl instead :)
IMG_5755.JPG

DSC_0619.JPG

DSC_0620.JPG

After this we headed back the hotel.
We decided to try out the Champagne my sister sent :)
IMG_5759.JPG

Then we went swimming!
We spent some time in Stormalong Bay but it closed for lightening so we spent some time in the quiet pool
It was raining lightly which you can see in some of the photos
DSCF2723.JPG

fullsizeoutput_3c71.jpeg

DSCF2729.JPG

DSCF2734.JPG

DSCF2740.JPG

DSCF2741.JPG

Next up: more pool time

mmnw

Great report. Happy Birthday to your mom! Question - Do “they” not kick you out of the quiet pool like they do the regular pool? I think what I’m used to the quiet pool is so close to the main pool it’s all one pool deck and everything is closed off. (Thanks.)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Great report. Happy Birthday to your mom! Question - Do “they” not kick you out of the quiet pool like they do the regular pool? I think what I’m used to the quiet pool is so close to the main pool it’s all one pool deck and everything is closed off. (Thanks.)

They do not. They warn you that you should not be in the pool but no one stays and kicks people out. The one time their was a CM standing by the Villas door but she never came over and told us to get out :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
DSCF2743.JPG

We popped into the hot tub just around the time it started pouring
DSCF2745.JPG

DSCF2747.JPG

DSCF2749.JPG

DSCF2751.JPG

We had a blast swimming in the rain but again we bailed once the lightening actually came :)
After our pool time we got dressed and headed over to Epcot
IMG_5768.JPG

DSC_0623.JPG

We headed over to Spaceship Earth but the line was very long so we decided to do the Seas instead
DSC_0627.JPG

DSC_0628.JPG

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
We actually had some time left before dinner so we headed to Figment and we were in and out in about 10 minutes :)
DSC_0634.JPG

DSC_0635.JPG

IMG_5774.JPG

IMG_5777.JPG

Then we headed to the Land to check in for dinner at Garden Grill. We had a bit of a wait for our table but eventually we were seated :)
IMG_5779.JPG

IMG_5780.JPG

IMG_5781.JPG

Rolls and salad to start :)
IMG_5784.JPG

IMG_5785.JPG

Mac and cheese, French fries
IMG_5787.JPG

Next up: more Garden Grill

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
Turkey, strip steak, green beans, mashed potatoes, corn, stuffing, cranberry sauce
IMG_5788.JPG

I thought it was a bit odd to have only 2 meats/proteins - I feel like there are usually 3. Either way we were disappointed with the strip steak. It was not very good and we realllyyyy missed the pot roast. We actually ended up canceling this reservation that we had coming up in November. That being said, you can not beat the character interaction!
IMG_5790.JPG

IMG_5792.JPG

IMG_5794.JPG

We had this lovely couple next to us who took photos for us :)
IMG_5795.JPG

Dale was really acting up and he took me away from the table at one point after kissing my entire arm :hilarious::hilarious:
IMG_5797.JPG

IMG_5800.JPG

IMG_5802.JPG

IMG_5803.JPG

Next up: more Garden Grill

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom