Trip Report **COMPLETED** It's My Mom's Birthday and We Will Stay DVC If We Want To

Hello everyone!
We just got back from the World on Saturday night so it's time to start my Trip Report!

Who?
My Mom (Mary) and myself Megan
IMG_2148.JPG

Where?
The Beach Club Villas! It was our first DVC stay (hence the title) and we loved it!
DSC_0016.JPG

When?
August 9-17, 2019

Why?
Also as the title indicates it was my Mom's Birthday!

Day 1 August 9, 2019
We stayed at a hotel across from the airport the night before since our flight was pretty early and it was cheaper than parking my car at the airport. Plus it was Southwest Points :) So, we got ourselves out of bed at 3:30 am 😴
I completely forgot I said I would make the sign we usually use for our trip so I grabbed some computer paper from the hotel printers and my Mom made a makeshift one :joyfull:
DSC_0059.JPG

Could not keep my eyes open so we ended up with this one :joyfull:
DSC_0061.JPG

The hotel said that they would have to put us in a taxi because their shuttle did not run between midnight and 5 am. I was worried about getting all of our luggage into a taxi but when we went up to the desk around 4 am they had the shuttle ready. Hooray!
The Southwest Counter was not open when we got to the airport but it opened within a few minutes. Our luggage was checked and TSA precheck was open so we made it through security very quickly.
We stopped for our usual breakfast of bagels but they only had one so we got a bagel and a croissant
DSC_0064.JPG

The croissant was not very good but we were good with just the bagel :)
We headed to our gate and the therapy dog Jake was there! He usually does not start until 9 am but his owner knew a family flying to Disney so he brought him in. Of course I had to get a picture
dI++uGtxSXiUH5Gv2wscRg.jpg

Waiting to board our plane
yNvQ3LcUReeUH6s+rVXDvw.jpg

We boarded the plane super fast! We were in row 2!
PgPpQLOnTN22lwvax5LYVA.jpg

Gang is all here
otPvqHLbQjGsKMsG3V0+Lw.jpg

Magic Bands!
dtCjmYi1QFqJAe23vDbsUw.jpg

The entire plane was boarded by 5:55 except 2 passengers - so we were 15 minutes ahead of schedule except that we had to wait for them for about 10 minutes. It was a bit annoying and we ended up leaving a little late.

Next up: more traveling

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
We had a FP after dinner for Soarin' so we headed there
DSC_0650.JPG

Then we took a quick break to FaceTime our family and my Mom's friends before going on Spaceship Earth
IMG_5818.JPG

IMG_5821.JPG

IMG_5823.JPG

I was super full but I wanted to get some popcorn on the way out so I did :hilarious:
IMG_5833.JPG

Back at the Beach Club we went for a night time swim :)
DSCF2760.JPG

DSCF2765.JPG

Next up: more random night photos

mmnw

They do not. They warn you that you should not be in the pool but no one stays and kicks people out. The one time their was a CM standing by the Villas door but she never came over and told us to get out :)

Thanks. It’s interesting how the weather is handled in different ways depending on location.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 August 16, 2019
We got up around 7, had some cake in the room again and headed out for HS!
We decided to walk since it was not super hot out yet
DSC_0669.JPG

DSC_0670.JPG

Naturally we lined up to rope drop Slinky Dog Dash because what else do we ever do :hilarious:
This time it was not organized at all ! It was chaotic at best and no line formation whatsoever so people were cutting in wherever they pleased. In the end we ended up waiting 45 minutes because of all that disorganization.
Worth it for Slinky Dog though 😘
DSC_0680.JPG

IMG_5859.JPG

IMG_5860.JPG

Ride number 3
IMG_5862.JPG

I nearly lost my hat in case you can't tell from the photo 🤪
497034885.jpeg

Then we headed to Tower of Terror
IMG_5863.JPG

Our faces were blocked in the ride photo so I will skip it!
DSC_0686.JPG

IMG_5869.JPG

Next up: more HS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
Back in TSL we stopped to see the Green Army Men for a few minutes
DSC_0701.JPG

Then we went on SDD with out FP :)
IMG_5871.JPG

Ride number 4!
IMG_5873.JPG

497093491.jpeg

IMG_5874.JPG

IMG_5883.JPG

After our ride we headed to ABC Commissary for lunch.
We both got Mac and cheese and fries :hungry:
IMG_5888.JPG

IMG_5889.JPG

We headed over to see the Galaxy's Edge entrance before it opened. We missed our Passholder Preview by a few days and while I was initially bummed I ended up not really caring :joyfull:
IMG_5892.JPG

Next up: something random I'm sure

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
After our lunch we headed out of HS and decided to walk home. It was cloudy so it was not as hot as it usually was.
I love this skyliner vehicle ! So cute !
DSC_0707.JPG

DSC_0708.JPG

Of course we stopped for some ice cream on the way to our room at Beaches and Cream
My Mom got butter pecan again
IMG_5897.JPG

And I got cookies and cream
IMG_5900.JPG

I remember sitting in this exact spot a few years prior thinking about how we would love to stay at the Beach Club someday. :inlove:
fullsizeoutput_3c85.jpeg

We did some swimming and slide time after this but I did not take any photos :)
After our swim we headed back to the room and got ready for MNSSHP
But first....my Mom had to vacuum :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
DSC_0710.JPG

Our balcony view....
DSC_0712.JPG

And finally we were both in our Halloween outfits! We obviously wore this outfit because we just bought everything a few days prior but we decided to skip costumes in general this year and wear these outfits again at the next party :)
DSC_0714.JPG

DSC_0715.JPG

Then we headed down to the bus stop around 3:30. You know how there is always (seemingly anyway) one transportation disaster a trip? Well this was it. We waited almost an hour for a bus. Not because the buses weren't coming ....but beacuse they were jam packed everytime they came from the Yacht Club. I actually tried to get a Minnie Van at one point but I could never find one so we waited. Just as we were thinking about just walking to the Yacht Club to get on 2 buses came at one time. The second one was empty so we briskly walked to that one. So annoying !
Apparently we were smiling before the bus issue :inlove:
IMG_5905.JPG

Next up: Halloween Party!

MickeyCB

Day 6 continued
View attachment 404957
View attachment 404958
View attachment 404959
We finally headed outside so we could head to dinner. It was still pouring and so we ended up taking a Minnie Van to reduce the amount of time we would be outside in the rain in our nice clothes.
My Mom wanted me to take a photo with this car because she thinks it looks like an old fashioned Tow Mater :)
View attachment 404960
Since we took a Minnie Van we were a bit early for dinner so we hung out in the lobby in the Contemporary
Cool light for you..
View attachment 404961
Our dinner spot was California Grill! It had been a bit of time since we last ate here so we were excited :)
We checked in and headed up the elevator !
View attachment 404962
We were seated very quickly :)
Nice view of the water :) We like this back room - its very quiet!
View attachment 404963
View attachment 404964
View attachment 404965

Next up: CG continued
Please tell your mom happy belated birthday, and if that is what 65 looks like, sign me up!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
After we finally made it to the MK we headed towards the party entrance and got our PP pictures right away :)
DSC_0720.JPG

IMG_5911.JPG

IMG_5910.JPG

We had zero plans for this party since it was a bonus and in the end we decided to wait for the 7 Dwarfs :)
We got in line around 5:30 -ish and we were told they were coming out at 6:15. Perfect. We were able to sit down while we waited which was nice and we killed some time with Heads Up and FaceTiming everyone :joyfull:
IMG_5908.JPG

It's literally so cute how they change out the decor for them :)
DSC_0724.JPG

DSC_0725.JPG

Right around 6 they let us in the building and they came out just before 6:15 !
IMG_5913.JPG

I took some stalker like photos of them while waiting for our turn. Mostly of Grumpy because we are obsessed with him :)
DSC_0735.JPG

DSC_0737.JPG

DSC_0733.JPG

Next up: more Halloween party

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
DSC_0738.JPG

DSC_0742.JPG

They took a break right before we met them but they came back within a minute. In the end we met them just before 7 pm aka just before the official start of the party :joyfull:
497665637.jpeg

We just love them :inlove::inlove:
After this we were starving so we hopped over to Cosmic Rays for some dinner. It was packed in there because they have the Descendants DJ Party, but it did not take too long to get our food.
My Mom ended up finding a table in the back which I did not know existed
We had a nice view!
IMG_5928.JPG

BTW there is also a bathroom in Cosmic Rays which seems like they just refurbished and it is very nice. It was also a bathroom which I have never been in before which is unusual. @Tuvalu can relate I'm sure :hilarious:
We shared the adult chicken nuggets
IMG_5926.JPG

Chili cheese fries (which are not on the menu but I saw them previously on Mobile Order and asked for them)
IMG_5925.JPG

And some plastic cheese of course :)
IMG_5927.JPG

Yum! The chili cheese fries were especially delicious!
Our other main goal for the evening was to ride the Haunted Mansion so we headed over there
Castle photo along the way!
DSC_0753.JPG

The live ghosts are awesome !!
DSC_0756.JPG

DSC_0757.JPG

Next up: more HM

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
Haunted Mansion was listed as a 30 minute wait but we only waited 10 😛
IMG_5932.JPG

IMG_5933.JPG

I love this ride photo
497724247.jpeg

We headed over to POTC after this since they have the live actors but the line was super long so we did some trick or treating and headed to Tomorrowland
DSC_0762.JPG

DSC_0763.JPG

DSC_0764.JPG

We knew there was another attraction overlay besides Space Mt, POTC and the teacups but we could not remember which one.
So...we went into Monsters Inc Laugh Floor to trick or treat and remembered this was the other attraction!
It was a continuously running show essentially so you could sit down and watch for a few minutes and leave. It was also super adorable!
IMG_5936.JPG

IMG_5938.JPG

Naturally we rode the peoplemover - because we always do :)
DSC_0769.JPG

DSC_0770.JPG

Next up: more party

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
Peoplemover views
DSC_0772.JPG

DSC_0779.JPG

Then we headed over to Main Street to watch the parade.
We headed all the way down towards the train station and found a perfect spot with no one in it. This was like 10 minutes before the parade started!
IMG_5940.JPG

This is the "best" photo I got of the Headless Horseman so you can imagine what the others looked like :hilarious:
I forgot my camera lens that does better in the dark so enjoy all my terrible photos :hilarious:
IMG_5943.JPG

After the Headless Horseman it started to rain so I ran across to the bathroom and grabbed some ponchos as well. Of course it stopped raining as soon as I got them but they were good to sit on anyway !
Street Party while waiting for the parade to come down this way :)
DSC_0787.JPG

DSC_0792.JPG

We got this PP picture while we waited which I realized after was a sign for a show we did not even see :joyfull:
497800886.jpeg

Then the parade came !
DSC_0794.JPG

DSC_0803.JPG

DSC_0807.JPG

Next up: more parade

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
DSC_0850.JPG

DSC_0854.JPG

There was actually a big delay at this point and lots of activity around us. I feared someone slipped and got hurt.
Slowly Mr. Incredible came by
DSC_0859.JPG

DSC_0862.JPG

Then came Mrs. Incredible and she was being towed :hilarious:
Thats what the hold up was!
DSC_0868.JPG

Is this Toy Story float new?
We were not at last year's party because were in DL so I am not sure.
DSC_0875.JPG

DSC_0879.JPG

DSC_0887.JPG

After the parade we ended up skipping the fireworks and heading out. Only because we were worried about the bus situation and we knew we would be back!
Back at the hotel it was off to bed.

Next up: Day 9 - last day :(

riverside

Premium Member
Is this Toy Story float new?
We were not at last year's party because were in DL so I am not sure.
I believe so. I was there last year & don't recall seeing it.
What pops in my head while I'm looking at your parade pictures?
"Boo to You"--I think that song is going to be stuck in my head all day!! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom