Trip Report **COMPLETED** It's My Mom's Birthday and We Will Stay DVC If We Want To

Hello everyone!
We just got back from the World on Saturday night so it's time to start my Trip Report!

Who?
My Mom (Mary) and myself Megan
IMG_2148.JPG

Where?
The Beach Club Villas! It was our first DVC stay (hence the title) and we loved it!
DSC_0016.JPG

When?
August 9-17, 2019

Why?
Also as the title indicates it was my Mom's Birthday!

Day 1 August 9, 2019
We stayed at a hotel across from the airport the night before since our flight was pretty early and it was cheaper than parking my car at the airport. Plus it was Southwest Points :) So, we got ourselves out of bed at 3:30 am 😴
I completely forgot I said I would make the sign we usually use for our trip so I grabbed some computer paper from the hotel printers and my Mom made a makeshift one :joyfull:
DSC_0059.JPG

Could not keep my eyes open so we ended up with this one :joyfull:
DSC_0061.JPG

The hotel said that they would have to put us in a taxi because their shuttle did not run between midnight and 5 am. I was worried about getting all of our luggage into a taxi but when we went up to the desk around 4 am they had the shuttle ready. Hooray!
The Southwest Counter was not open when we got to the airport but it opened within a few minutes. Our luggage was checked and TSA precheck was open so we made it through security very quickly.
We stopped for our usual breakfast of bagels but they only had one so we got a bagel and a croissant
DSC_0064.JPG

The croissant was not very good but we were good with just the bagel :)
We headed to our gate and the therapy dog Jake was there! He usually does not start until 9 am but his owner knew a family flying to Disney so he brought him in. Of course I had to get a picture
dI++uGtxSXiUH5Gv2wscRg.jpg

Waiting to board our plane
yNvQ3LcUReeUH6s+rVXDvw.jpg

We boarded the plane super fast! We were in row 2!
PgPpQLOnTN22lwvax5LYVA.jpg

Gang is all here
otPvqHLbQjGsKMsG3V0+Lw.jpg

Magic Bands!
dtCjmYi1QFqJAe23vDbsUw.jpg

The entire plane was boarded by 5:55 except 2 passengers - so we were 15 minutes ahead of schedule except that we had to wait for them for about 10 minutes. It was a bit annoying and we ended up leaving a little late.

Next up: more traveling

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
:geek::geek::joyfull: I have no idea. My Mom uses the same eyeliner as me and hers always comes off very fast. I do apply my eyeliner very thick though not sure if that helps. My daily eyeliner is waterproof in general. The mascara I used was pretty impressive to stay on. I think it was just e.l.f. and from Target for 10 dollars or something
ELF for the win! I LOVE the ELF brand!

WOW! A Four minute wait! That's incredible for FEA!
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for all the comments! The dark skies do look really pretty !
You're right....it will never be a 40 minute wait for F of P :hilarious:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
We headed over to check in for dinner at .... Be Our Guest!
It had been a long time since out last visit to BOG and we were excited to try out the prix fixe menu
DSC_0248.JPG

DSC_0249.JPG

DSC_0251.JPG

Since it was lightly raining we waited in the actually lobby of the restaurant to be seated. It was very noisy in there and clearly not designed for this.
DSC_0252.JPG

IMG_5324.JPG

We were seated about 10 minutes after our reservation time which seemed pretty good. I feel like BOG is usually running further behind than that!
We were in the Grand Ballroom and at a table for 4 which was nice! Its super nice to not be squeezed in between other tables. I'm not sure if I am just making this up but the tables seem much more spaced out than they used to be at dinner - maybe because of the menu change ?
IMG_5327.JPG

IMG_5328.JPG

IMG_5330.JPG

IMG_5331.JPG
IMG_5332.JPG

Next up: more BOG

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
Our server was named Nick and he was super great
Bread to start - my pictures are awful sorry the lighting is so bad
IMG_5334.JPG

Also...there was no one sitting around us!
IMG_5335.JPG

IMG_5336.JPG

We both started off with the French onion soup
fullsizeoutput_3c1a.jpeg

For entrees my Mom ordered the Smoked Ricotta and Corn Tortellini (Roasted Corn and Peppadew Relish, Rainbow Cauliflower, and Asparagus with a Corn-infused Nage)
IMG_5339.JPG

And I got the Center-cut Filet Mignon (Robuchon Yukon Potatoes, Seasonal Vegetables, and Cipollini Marmalade with a Red Wine Glaze)
fullsizeoutput_3c1b.jpeg

Then came the dessert trio (no options here you just get all three)
Almond Macaroon (with Lemon Jam and Raspberries), White Chocolate "Chip" Cup (with Grey Stuff and Crisp Pearls), and Dark Chocolate Truffle (filled with Dark Chocolate Grand Marnier Ganache)
fullsizeoutput_3c1c.jpeg

IMG_5345.JPG

IMG_5346.JPG

Yum!!! We were so full by the time dessert came but everything about the meal was fantastic! I would highly recommend ! It was also way less rushed than it used to be and felt way less chaotic in general :)
Of course we met the Beast on the way out ...
IMG_5348.JPG

And we went home and did a bit of a night swim and off to bed!

Next up: Day 5

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 August 13, 2019
We got up around 7:20, got ready and headed to breakfast at....
DSC_0260.JPG

Woohoo! It was our first time eating here because we never felt like it was convenient to get to the Beach Club otherwise :)
DSC_0261.JPG

DSC_0262.JPG

I wish I could remember our waiter's name but he was awesome and very attentive !
We started with food right away obviously - there were so many options!
Eggs, bacon, cantaloupe, triple chocolate chip muffin, donut
fullsizeoutput_3c1e.jpeg

My Mom was excited that they had waffles with whipped cream and strawberries
IMG_5370.JPG

chocolate croissant type thing, fruit, bacon
fullsizeoutput_3c1f.jpeg

Then Daisy came
IMG_5377.JPG

DSC_0268.JPG

We were still eating but our waiter brought my Mom this cute birthday cupcake
DSC_0270.JPG

DSC_0273.JPG

Next. up: more Cape May

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
IMG_5373.JPG

IMG_5374.JPG

We were sitting there for a long time waiting for the rest of the characters so we ended up eating some more :hilarious:
Apparently I ate most of the cheese before I sat down...as per usual :)
IMG_5378.JPG

chocolate chip pancake, cheese, tots
IMG_5375.JPG

More bacon and waffle and tots and treats :hilarious:
IMG_5381.JPG

Finally Minnie came by
IMG_5382.JPG

IMG_5383.JPG

Then finally Goofy!
IMG_5384.JPG

DSC_0280.JPG

DSC_0282.JPG

Overall we had a great experience! We will definitely be back someday!

Next up: we wander around a lot

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
A random Beach Club light for you...
DSC_0285.JPG

We headed to the bus stop and hopped on a bus for MK!
IMG_5390.JPG

We found some Halloween stuff right when we walked in !
DSC_0287.JPG

Our actual goal for MK was to find Halloween merchandise because I heard it was out...but it was not out at the Emporium so that was a bummer.
Still...we figured we would at least wander around a bit
We got a few PP pictures
494722709.jpeg

494731599.jpeg

494731906.jpeg

494732061.jpeg

We walked by the Winnie the Pooh meet and greet right around the time they were supposed to come out so we hopped in line !
DSC_0289.JPG

This is the second PP photo set this trip where the lens was blurry. You can't really tell in the first photo but you can in the seond
494751000.jpeg

494752175.jpeg

After this we headed out of MK since they really did not have much in terms of merchandise for Halloween.

Next up: Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
Apparently we ran into Move It Shake It or whatever it is now called on the way out
DSC_0299.JPG

DSC_0307.JPG

DSC_0310.JPG

I saw on IG that the merchandise for Halloween was out at Mouse Gear so we decided we would hop over to Epcot via monorail. I'm not actually sure what our obsession was with the Halloween stuff 🙃. The air conditioning on the resort monorail was clearly not working. It was hot but we just dealt with it. The people on the monorail with us, however, were going to lose their marbles. They complained and complained and complained. At one point someone said "this is the worst experience of my life." Like really? I'm sure you have experienced worse things.
Anyway - they were planning on getting off at the Contemporary and on a bus to Epcot. I debating about if I should say something or not because they were so miserable but I always feel like somehow its my job to make sure people have a good trip (like I work there or something) and I knew once they discovered there was no bus to Epcot they would have just been so defeated. So I told them to stay on and they were grateful.
Anyway, at Epcot it looked like it was pouring rain but we missed it all while we spent tons of money on Halloween stuff :hilarious:
This prompted us to buy a Halloween ticket for our last day - hey Halloween in August - why not?!
After shopping we headed out of Epcot
PP picture
494841773.jpeg

494841851.jpeg

Back at the Beach Club we spent some time at the pool...
IMG_5399.JPG

And some random Beach Club photos
Someone drew a face on the no smoking sign in the elevator 😛
IMG_5398.JPG

IMG_5401.JPG

IMG_5403.JPG

Next up: HS

HauntedMansionFLA

Day 2 continued
View attachment 401907
View attachment 401908
View attachment 401909View attachment 401910
After all our photos we did the same exact thing as the year before :)
Miss Adventure Falls. The CM noticed we were dry and we told her we wanted to do photos first. She said that was smart but we needed to catch up so she splashed water on me :hilarious::hilarious: Then we went on Crush n Gusher.
Then a quick pit stop for some dancing :joyfull:
View attachment 401911
View attachment 401912
The Lazy Man River was next. We said we did not care about the speciality floats because we got to try so many last year but then……
(prepare for very blurry waterproof camera photos)
View attachment 401913
View attachment 401914
View attachment 401915
View attachment 401916

Next up: finishing up H2O Glow
Looked like you and the little girl were having pose off competition

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
It was just blazing hot out at this point so we took the boat over to HS to save ourselves at least the direct sun heat
DSC_0315.JPG

IMG_5404.JPG

My Mom was really getting the full security experience :hilarious: Unlike @Tuvalu I did not (thankfully) get yelled at for taking a photo
DSC_0318.JPG

DSC_0321.JPG

We actually were cutting it a bit close to our early dinner plans so we hopped over to :
DSC_0324.JPG

50's Prime Time!
Probably because we were nearly late we were seated right away. A part of me wonders if half the people in the Living Room are just there for AC because it never seems that crowded inside.
IMG_5405.JPG

IMG_5406.JPG

IMG_5407.JPG

Our waiter was awesome. He was having a blast with everyone. I got yelled at for having my hat on and my elbows on the table :hilarious:
IMG_5409.JPG

Next up: more Prime Time

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
For dinner we shared the onion rings and the fried chicken
IMG_5414.JPG

IMG_5413.JPG

We did not finish our chicken but we did finish the corn so we got clean plate club stickers :hilarious:
My Mom had a caramel sundae for dessert :)
IMG_5415.JPG

After dinner we stopped for a PP picture
IMG_5420.JPG

495097033.jpeg

While we were at dinner I devised a plan to keep us out of the sun as much as possible between FPs.
Our first stop was to meet Olaf. He had a very short wait but we were glad we got in line when we did because it jumped up to 30 minutes right after.
IMG_5419.JPG

Next up in the plan was the Frozen sing-a-long. We have not done this for years so we figured it was a good AC break. They were actually not holding people outside so we were able to walk right in and sit about 30 minutes prior to the show.
IMG_5418.JPG

When the show started I was very excited to see that one of the storytellers was Ben! I never saw him in this show before but I knew from @blreinsel he was going to be hilarious - and he was! Side note @blreinsel could not figure out how to tag you with your name change :joyfull:
IMG_5421.JPG

IMG_5430.JPG

IMG_5433.JPG

Next up: more Frozen

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
IMG_5436.JPG

IMG_5442.JPG

These are all phone photos - sorry- not the best quality.
IMG_5444.JPG

I feel like the best part was how the narrators were laughing at each other. It made me laugh even harder.
IMG_5453.JPG

IMG_5455.JPG
IMG_5459.JPG

What a great show! I am genuinely excited to see how the do the Beauty and the Beast sing a long. :)
Our first FP was for Aerosmith so we headed over there and pretended like we were going on T of T first :hilarious:
DSC_0341.JPG

DSC_0342.JPG

DSC_0343.JPG

Next up: more HS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
DSC_0344.JPG

DSC_0346.JPG

495209210.jpeg

Next up in the A.C. plan was Lightening McQueen's Racing Academy. My sister and my nephew FaceTimed us right when we were going in so we let Max watch it via FaceTime since no one was behind us and he was making zero noise.
DSC_0349.JPG

DSC_0350.JPG

IMG_5469.JPG

The show is cute but this was our second time seeing it and I did not feel as enthused as I did the first time :facepalm:
Then it was actually time for T of T!
DSC_0351.JPG

495261598.jpeg

A a quick PP picture
495184390.jpeg

Next up: more HS

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
I had successfully timed the day right so it led us right up to our last FP. Woohoo successful afternoon/evening out of the heat!
Our last FP was for....Slinky Dog Dash!
IMG_5475.JPG

IMG_5477.JPG

SDD ride number 2!
IMG_5478.JPG

IMG_5479.JPG

Apparently I was ...sleeping
495286463.jpeg

After our ride we headed out of the park and decided to walk home
DSC_0353.JPG

DSC_0354.JPG

DSC_0355.JPG

DSC_0357.JPG

Next up: finishing up the day with some fun on the Boardwalk

slipperalwaysfits

Goofy and Donald stopped by
Looks like a very yummy and fun character breakfast! I always love seeing the characters in different outfits, like their Safari ones at Tusker House.

And he noticed my Mom's Winnie the Pooh backpack !
It makes it super magical when the characters really interact with you! So sweet that he noticed! 😍😍

We were seated about 10 minutes after our reservation time which seemed pretty good. I feel like BOG is usually running further behind than that!
Echo! You ended up eating the same exact dinner I order when we go! I agree, it's amazingly delicious! And the dessert...🤩🤩

I always feel like somehow its my job to make sure people have a good trip (like I work there or something) and I knew once they discovered there was no bus to Epcot they would have just been so defeated. So I told them to stay on and they were grateful.
It's fun to help people who may not be aware of many Disney tips and tricks! I always feel a little brighter when I have the opportunity to do that!😉

My Mom had a caramel sundae for dessert
That looks AMAZING!!
I had successfully timed the day right so it led us right up to our last FP. Woohoo successful afternoon/evening out of the heat!
Good job on the timing and not stressing yourself out about the timing. Some of these people have spreadsheets down to the minute and you have to wonder if they are even enjoying themselves?!🤪🧐

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Looks like a very yummy and fun character breakfast! I always love seeing the characters in different outfits, like their Safari ones at Tusker House.

It makes it super magical when the characters really interact with you! So sweet that he noticed! 😍😍

Echo! You ended up eating the same exact dinner I order when we go! I agree, it's amazingly delicious! And the dessert...🤩🤩

It's fun to help people who may not be aware of many Disney tips and tricks! I always feel a little brighter when I have the opportunity to do that!😉

That looks AMAZING!!

Good job on the timing and not stressing yourself out about the timing. Some of these people have spreadsheets down to the minute and you have to wonder if they are even enjoying themselves?!🤪🧐

Ugh...I could really go for some BOG right now 😛
I agree I love the character meals when they are in different outfits!
I know I always get stressed out when I see someone with spreadsheets :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
We knew we wanted to try out AbracadaBar so we figured this was a good time to do it since it was still early-ish in the evening.
We cut through the pool way to the Boardwalk - hence a much shorter walk to the Boardwalk than the Beach Club this way :)
DSC_0360.JPG

I was worried it was going to be crowded but there was barely anyone in there. We sat in a booth and we were immediately greeted by the waitress
IMG_5482.JPG
IMG_5483.JPG

We both got the Conjurita (El Mayor Tequila, Cointreau, Simple Syrup, Lime Juice) which was cool because they make you use a "magic wand" and say abracadabra and it changes colors :)
IMG_5485.JPG

IMG_5486.JPG

IMG_5491.JPG

IMG_5496.JPG

IMG_5497.JPG

IMG_5501.JPG

Next up: more photos

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
DSC_0362.JPG

IMG_5502.JPG

We had a bar similar to this in Buffalo that was modeled after a speakeasy. I loved that bar but it closed. AbracadaBar was giving me similar vibes and I was here for it :hilarious:
For some reason I also felt the need to order a snack so we got the Abra fries. They had some sort of lemon aioli sauce on top and they were delicious. This was also considered a small fry and it was huge!
IMG_5504.JPG

After we finished our drinks we decided to head back home to the Beach Club
IMG_5507.JPG

The sunset was beautiful!
DSC_0365.JPG

DSC_0367.JPG

DSC_0370.JPG

Back at the hotel we did a bit of a night swim and headed to bed!

Next up: My Mom's Birthday !

Day 5 continued
We knew we wanted to try out AbracadaBar so we figured this was a good time to do it since it was still early-ish in the evening.
We cut through the pool way to the Boardwalk - hence a much shorter walk to the Boardwalk than the Beach Club this way :)
View attachment 404619
I was worried it was going to be crowded but there was barely anyone in there. We sat in a booth and we were immediately greeted by the waitress
View attachment 404620View attachment 404621
We both got the Conjurita (El Mayor Tequila, Cointreau, Simple Syrup, Lime Juice) which was cool because they make you use a "magic wand" and say abracadabra and it changes colors :)
View attachment 404623
View attachment 404624
View attachment 404627
View attachment 404628
View attachment 404629
View attachment 404631

Next up: more photos
This looks like a fun place - and I love that it wasn't crowded. Always looking for places like that at Disney!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom