Trip Report *COMPLETED* Don't Forget To Make A Wish!!

Nemo14

We kind of cheated a little and visited the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary in Naples and saw a few babies. But you know how much I've been looking for them in the wild, and on our drive home from the sanctuary I saw TWO on the side of the road!!

Some sanctuary photos...

View attachment 454470View attachment 454471View attachment 454472View attachment 454473View attachment 454474
Did you happen to see any of these there?

Songbird76

Advertisement
We kind of cheated a little and visited the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary in Naples and saw a few babies. But you know how much I've been looking for them in the wild, and on our drive home from the sanctuary I saw TWO on the side of the road!!

Some sanctuary photos...

View attachment 454470View attachment 454471View attachment 454472View attachment 454473View attachment 454474
That's some rarely seen wildlife there in the pink shirt!! Was there a sign accompanying the areas so you know what you are looking at? ;)

dryerlintfan

Original Poster
Rather than gush about how cool A is ( and of course she is!) I want to focus on you my friend

I am so glad that you have A and she has you and now you also have N - you deserve a partner that is there for you ( especially since A is a handful)

You - are - amazing!!

I count 4 trips in about 26 months with A - the first one at Christmas ( which I tried to caution you about) and now this whirlwind 1 day commando style assualt of MK - all the pain and suffering for the pure joy of seeing your daughter having so much fun in the most magical place one earth

only one more thing can be said

View attachment 454517

Max
It's because you cautioned me on Christmas that we were able to make that trip magical for A 😂😂 I'm so grateful for you, Max, and your kind words ❤❤

Making me tear up 😂😂 thank you for this!!

dryerlintfan

Original Poster
Did you happen to see any of these there?

No!! That would have been so cool!! I grew up around cougars in California (not the older women in the bar, type😂) and i miss seeing them around

That's some rarely seen wildlife there in the pink shirt!! Was there a sign accompanying the areas so you know what you are looking at? ;)
Now THAT creature is much more dangerous than the panther!! AND she talks a lot more 😂😂

Nemo14

No!! That would have been so cool!! I grew up around cougars in California (not the older women in the bar, type😂) and i miss seeing them around

Now THAT creature is much more dangerous than the panther!! AND she talks a lot more 😂😂
We were at Corkscrew a couple of weeks after that incident and I really hoped to see one then (those panther crossing signs along the way to Marco really get me excited!)
Great TR by the way. You 2 should take your comedy act on the road! :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull:

dryerlintfan

Original Poster
We were at Corkscrew a couple of weeks after that incident and I really hoped to see one then (those panther crossing signs along the way to Marco really get me excited!)
Great TR by the way. You 2 should take your comedy act on the road! :joyfull: :joyfull: :joyfull:
Last time A and I had a legit road trip, she was about 20 months old. She did exceptionally well, but I found out she got car sick really badly in the Tennessee mountains. After I had fed her a banana (which was already disgusting). Trying to find a hotel room with a screaming baby while you're both covered in banana vomit isn't as easy as it sounds 😂😂 That was the last time that kid got a banana from me 😂😂

Maybe we'll take it on the road someplace soon though! Somewhere with no mountains 😂😂

Hula Baloo

I had a stroke a little over a year ago, and for about 8-9 months afterwards I had intense migraines every day. I got used to them because I couldn't take a breather from life. I generally get visual symptoms (snow, floaters, halos, and everything looks like an HDR photo which hurts my brain), really painfully throbby head and it hurts to open my eyes and I feel like I need to throw up every time I move, but again.... I just had to start powering through them. I'm a single mom to a rambunctious young kid so I didn't really have the option to stay home in peace and quiet :hilarious: :hilarious:

Thankfully they're down to only occurring when I have a trigger, instead of every day. The biggest trigger for me is lack of sleep, but I also can't be in bright sunlight and I have to wear blue light cancelling headphones, and I can't be in really noisy places for very long without the drumming starting. A's birthday party in my tiny house got me pretty good :hilarious::hilarious:
Wow you’re better than me. I’m a wimp when I get one. I’ve noticed mine are triggered by not drinking enough water.

dryerlintfan

Original Poster
Wow you’re better than me. I’m a wimp when I get one. I’ve noticed mine are triggered by not drinking enough water.
Not better! Just different! We all handle things differently. Honestly the Army trained us to push through whatever we were dealing with and get the job done, and it's not exactly the healthiest outcome most of the time. So you're likely way better off. I ran on two hairline fractured ankles for 9 weeks before finally seeing a doctor, for example, so I'll have tendinitis and hard time running for the rest of my life (which I'm dumb and I push through that too :hilarious: ) but had I rested and iced them, I'd be all healed and good as new.

So I guess my point is, take care of your health better than I do. There's no badge of honor for pushing through pain. Don't be dumb like me.

Minnesota disney fan

Finally caught up on rest after our trip! And back to see how you and A did at WDW? We didn't see anyone that looked like you two, but it was Way Too Crowded! We had a good time even with the crowds and cold weather, afterall, it's Disney:) I haven't read it all, but hope you had a great trip:)

dryerlintfan

Original Poster
Unfortunately, you are not wrong!! She was up until ten last night playing with her bungholes of joy. She said Bolt asked Nala out on a date, so today when she gets up we'll have to enact that. I'm thinking she won't let me just feed them Lulu's dog food, either :hilarious: :hilarious:

She said "and be prepared, because I think we're going to need to plan their wedding!! This is so exciting!!!"

I'm pretty sure she just wants cake :hilarious::hilarious:

RememberWhen

Unfortunately, you are not wrong!! She was up until ten last night playing with her bungholes of joy. She said Bolt asked Nala out on a date, so today when she gets up we'll have to enact that. I'm thinking she won't let me just feed them Lulu's dog food, either :hilarious: :hilarious:

She said "and be prepared, because I think we're going to need to plan their wedding!! This is so exciting!!!"

I also want cake. So, I’m on board with this plan!

Songbird76

Just tell her due to Coronavirus, all the places you would go out on a date are closed, and gatherings like weddings are not allowed. :p Make sure they stay 1.5 meters apart!

Top Bottom