Trip Report *COMPLETED* Don't Forget To Make A Wish!!

dryerlintfan

Original Poster
The world looks like a giant snow globe now and the amber leaves have long since fallen from the trees, so I bet you're surprised to see a trip report from us πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ While we normally go to Disney in September, we're doing things a little different this time, for a really big occasion!!

This is us:
20150731_175404.jpg
Okay, okay.... That *was* us πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ She looks about five years older now and I look at least ten years older πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Ah.... Here we go:
20200115_172236.jpg

Wait. What am I looking at right now? Why are we hanging off the Earth like bats?
c47f7bdff4f81b1f0c8d6e716658f7bc.jpg

Ah... That's better:
20200201_204515.jpg

If you have joined us for any of our other trip reports (linked in signature), you'll know my daughter A is a spunky, creative, adorable little spitfire. I don't know where time went, but my favorite little monster is turning FIVE!!! So we're surprising her with a trip to her mothership!!

Joining us this trip is my boyfriend N. He and A are partners in crime so I'm sure to be outnumbered ❀
20200120_123558.jpg

We may also be joined by N's Aunt and Uncle, and maybe two other friends, but at 19 days out, none of them are confirmed yet.

When: We will be de-icing and making a break for the sunshine February 26 for a quick, whirlwind, two-day birthday spectacular!!

dryerlintfan

Original Poster
So the Where.... I would like to go on record here and say that I am NOT looking forward to the where πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ After two trips at the luxurious Shades of Green, this is going to be painful πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but it's one night and it's her absolute favorite hotel!!

received_1916641435031258.jpeg
20171224_153632(0).jpg

EVERY time we're going to Disney, A asks if we can go to the Little Mermaid hotel. We stayed at Art of Animation when A was two and she's never let up about it. The beds are uncomfortable and the walls are thin, the rooms are cramped, and it's an effort getting anywhere, even the food court. And somehow it costs just as much as SoG, where you get an expansive room with amazing pillows, great views, and ridiculously easy transportation.

But.... It's her birthday trip, so I'm sucking it up for one night. I hope i remember to pack earplugs πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

dryerlintfan

Original Poster
The (failed) plan:

Originally I had the lofty idea of trying to get us on Splash Mountain five times in one day. You know,... Because she's turning five! I poured over touring plans for weeks trying to connect all the right dots on how to make it happen, and just when the last puzzle piece fit into place I got an error message. Splash Mountain would be closed during our trip 😭😭

Which is doubly frustrating/sad because this is her absolute favorite ride
20190918_151616.jpg

While I'm still (hopelessly) hoping the ride opens back up two days ahead of schedule, I did ask A if she'd want to go to Disney sometime even if Splash was closed. She hesitated. Then she started telling me how much she loved Splash mountain. Then she started signing the song. I thought for sure this trip would be a disaster, but she finally affirmed that she would, in fact, still want to go without Splash.

On to plan B!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
As Sebastian says when the Under the Sea ride resumes after a temporary stop, "I bring good news!"

Little Mermaid rooms are in the process of receiving new mattresses. We saw truckloads of new ones (and piles of old ones) in the parking lot on Tuesday. I'm certain every room will have new ones by the 26th.

dryerlintfan

Original Poster
As Sebastian says when the Under the Sea ride resumes after a temporary stop, "I bring good news!"

Little Mermaid rooms are in the process of receiving new mattresses. We saw truckloads of new ones (and piles of old ones) in the parking lot on Tuesday. I'm certain every room will have new ones by the 26th.
Oh holy wow!! That might be the best news I've heard all year πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Thank you for this!!

dryerlintfan

Original Poster
The (actual) plan:

Because we may have a couple last minute add-ons which would force us to rejigger our fast-passes, I have a really loose plan in place. The main goal here is a magical day for A, and what's more magical than waking up at 4:45 on your birthday?!?! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I'm not sure *how* I'm going to surprise her, yet (fun suggestions are welcome!!) but I'm keeping this a secret from her until the morning we're leaving. Then it's off to the airport to begin our whirlwind adventure!!

Feb 26:
- Airport to AoA for lunch and a swim at A's favorite pool in the whole wide world. You might guess that the Nemo pool has won her heart, but unfortunately it's the Ariel poolπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

- Head to Magic Kingdom for Linner (it's like brunch but between lunch and dinner πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚) in the castle at Cinderella's Royal Table

- Rides and shenanigans until it's time to grab popcorn and watch fireworks, then back to the resort for some much needed sleep

Feb 27:
- N is a HUGE Star Wars fan, so we'll be trying for a boarding group. Seriously send us all your spare pixie dustπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I'm not generally a lucky person, so we're going to need it!!

- Star Wars land, Toy Story land, and if timing works out some Frozen Sing-along action too πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Depending on how N and A are doing at this point, this night could go either one of two ways:

A) We book a hotel room out on the East Coast and drive out that way so we can hit up Kennedy Space Center on the 28th

B) Overstimulation sends us to Florida's Gulf Coast where we take things easy with beach time, pool time, and maybe some deep sea fishing

Either way, we'll finish up our trip by throwing A another birthday party and enjoying the sunshine on the beach for a couple days ❀❀

Minnesota disney fan

The world looks like a giant snow globe now and the amber leaves have long since fallen from the trees, so I bet you're surprised to see a trip report from us πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ While we normally go to Disney in September, we're doing things a little different this time, for a really big occasion!!

This is us:
View attachment 447323
Okay, okay.... That *was* us πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ She looks about five years older now and I look at least ten years older πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Ah.... Here we go:
View attachment 447326

Wait. What am I looking at right now? Why are we hanging off the Earth like bats?
View attachment 447327

Ah... That's better:
View attachment 447328

If you have joined us for any of our other trip reports (linked in signature), you'll know my daughter A is a spunky, creative, adorable little spitfire. I don't know where time went, but my favorite little monster is turning FIVE!!! So we're surprising her with a trip to her mothership!!

Joining us this trip is my boyfriend N. He and A are partners in crime so I'm sure to be outnumbered ❀
View attachment 447329

We may also be joined by N's Aunt and Uncle, and maybe two other friends, but at 19 days out, none of them are confirmed yet.

When: We will be de-icing and making a break for the sunshine February 26 for a quick, whirlwind, two-day birthday spectacular!!

I'm IN, and not last this time!!! Hooray! Love your trip reports with your beautiful daughter. She looks like a mini=me:)
That's me with my beautiful daughter in the picture, LOL.

dryerlintfan

Original Poster
I say "another" birthday party, because we've got one coming up next weekend....

If you're familiar with my daughter, you'll know that she is princess obsessed and every party I've thrown for her so far has looked like a unicorn threw up on it. Pink everywhere. Sparkles everywhere. Frilly and girly and so absolutely not my style.

Example:
FB_IMG_1528552758713.jpg
Or this nonsense version of a super hero party:
Addie_Half_Birthday_18-33.jpg

But, guys..... This is not a false alarm..... She asked me to throw her a Star Wars party!!!!!S She still loves everything princess, but she's also really into Lego Star Wars, and is absolutely obsessed with Star Wars Rebels!

I'm so excited to be doing something that's not even remotely frilly!! To save money, I'm decorating her whole party with trash πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Well... Recycle πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but hey, cardboard is free.

Yoda is a little lopsided πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1580438596882.jpeg

but Chopper turned out pretty good!!
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1580523121153.jpeg

Because I'm keeping this trip a secret, I have to throw her a party or she'll catch on real quick. She's pretty sharp, so I didn't want to take any chances. So we'll have some friends over for lightsaber battles and droid building and I'm supposed to somehow manage making a stormtrooper cakeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ So... I mean.... Get ready for that Pinterest failπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Top Bottom