Trip Report *COMPLETED* Don't Forget To Make A Wish!!

Songbird76

A wanted to make cookies for our neighbors but i said no, because it feels like it would be against the spirit of the stay at home order because of possible contamination. We've made a couple cards because I can disinfect those. It's a strange world we live in now 😂😂 but I somehow drew the line at making baked goods for people until the pandemic is over.

But we'll send you happy cakey thoughts 😘😘
That sounds good. I am actually planning on making cookies and things after this is all over for the grocery store employees, and possibly hospital staff. These people are working so hard to keep the country up and running and in so many cases it's a thankless job. But I feel the same way...not a good time to make food for other people, so I'll wait until it's over and then we'll do a baking spree.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Beautiful story about your mom. Before I moved over here, my first trip to Europe was to go to Paris with my mom. She couldn’t really afford it (me neither) but someone she knew could get us tickets for something like $200 r/t, so we couldn’t afford to pass that up. Every time I go to Paris I think of that trip. And would you believe we ran into my former boss and her husband while on that trip?! We went to a bar near our hotel to listen to jazz music, and my former boss and her husband had only come to Paris for the night before flying back to the US - and randomly picked the same bar!

Rista1313

A wanted to make cookies for our neighbors but i said no, because it feels like it would be against the spirit of the stay at home order because of possible contamination. We've made a couple cards because I can disinfect those. It's a strange world we live in now 😂😂 but I somehow drew the line at making baked goods for people until the pandemic is over.

But we'll send you happy cakey thoughts 😘😘

I'm making my Daddy bread tomorrow... I can't not make my dad bread.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Even Paris, Epcot isn't good enough :hilarious: :hilarious: This girl wants to climb the Eiffel Tower. I'm not sure how old she'll have to be before that's feasible, though. She's wanted to go to Paris since she started talking :hilarious::hilarious: A lot of her favorite shows and movies are favorites because they're set in Paris, like Ratatouille and Lady Bug Girl.

Long story:

When I was a teenager I was a massive Ahole to my parents, in that I signed up for an exchange program in my French class without telling them. I saved up my paychecks so I could make the (non-refundable) deposit, and thought I could save enough for the trip. I couldn't. When the time came for the final payment I was still shy about $1,300. We were so poor at the time that my mom would skip meals just so us kids never went without, so I was expecting them to make me just eat that deposit and learn a hard life lesson. I don't know how she came up with the money, but in one week my mom had found a way to collect the money needed for the rest of the trip, and also about $200 so I had some spending money. She said she had always dreamed of going to Paris, so she felt it was important for me to go.

So about ten years ago when I was stationed at Ft. Bragg I made my mom fly out to me for her birthday. I gave her a packing list and told her to bring her passport but didn't tell her where we were going. She didn't know I was taking her to Paris until we got on the plane. We spent about a week and a half there, seeing sights, drinking wine, and sharing stories. It was my way of paying her back for the magic she worked when I was a teenager.

While we were there I bought this little touristy music box with the Eiffel Tower on it in different stages of construction. It plays one of my favorite songs: La Vie en Rose by Louis Armstrong. As soon as she could crawl A started stealing this music box from me. She insisted I make it sing, and one of her motor skill developments really was getting the thing to work on it's own. I tried to get her to leave it alone, but she remains fascinated with it to this day. It's a little worse for wear now, but it's officially hers. She likes to show it to everyone and tell them (while laughing maniacally) that she stole it from me.

Long story short: that's why she's so obsessed with Paris though, and the Eiffel Tower :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
View attachment 460063

Wow. That was an incredible story. What an outstanding gesture to surprise your mom with a trip to Paris.

Nala06

After a long hiatus from this site due to a rough 6 months, I was excited to see a TR from you when I came back! Popping in to say that your A and my son N are seriously spirit animals. They are a month apart, similar personalities and the current obsession with Star Wars (specifically the Lego series on Disney+) is uncanny. Due to current events we haven't been able to have his birthday party yet. May be borrowing some of your ideas ;)

Off to read the rest!

Nala06

The light sabers were a HUGE hit and we sent some home with friends too. We kept four of them so could have light saber battles on ongoing basis, too. Highly recommend the pool noodles.

The storm troopers were just print outs taped on the balloons, but with party City closed i don't know where you'd find the balloons.

It really was an easy setup and the kids had so much fun!! There was a free printout i found on Pinterest for "build your own droid" too, that the kids loved

Hope the party is amazing!! Trust me, we feel ridiculously lucky (and a little guilty) that we got to celebrate her birthday as planned before all this hit. I'm sorry it's impacted your plans ❤
He requested Santa bring him 3 "lifesavers" so he and his family can battle, but we might need to swell our ranks a little. I will have to look up the droid thing because that sounds fun, as well as the balloons. I sure am hoping Party City opens up when all of our restrictions are lifted! Otherwise we will be hanging up his hand drawn tie fighter battles as decoration :hilarious:

I have to laugh at "canyon balls" because N says the same thing. We try to correct him with no avail. I agree, it is pretty cute so I don't mind too much:joyfull:

Also glad to see you are enjoying this age as much as I am (good and bad!!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom