Come along w/ Steve to IRELAND

erstwo

Best wishes for a safe, wonderful trip for your family!
I know it’s not the norm, but I’ve had great luck this year with air travel (now knocking on wood😁) even international travel (although I will admit to having global pass, which helps a lot with re-entry) - so it’s not always all bad! Hoping it will be the same for you.

erstwo

The first time I went to Israel, I went on a little side trip to Jerusalem because I've always wanted to see it and y'all. The number of people kissing ALL THE holy THINGS. Especially the stations of the cross - as a germaphobe from before the pandemic times - it just about did me in. Thousands of people a day kissing the exact same things. I can't.
I think I'd skip kissing the blarney stone as well!

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
The first time I went to Israel, I went on a little side trip to Jerusalem because I've always wanted to see it and y'all. The number of people kissing ALL THE holy THINGS. Especially the stations of the cross - as a germaphobe from before the pandemic times - it just about did me in. Thousands of people a day kissing the exact same things. I can't.
I think I'd skip kissing the blarney stone as well!
This is helping me in killing time.
My wife gets home from working a half day soon.
We aim to load the car in 3 hours and then head to the off site airport parking lot.
www.parkingspot.com/philadelphia
I've used them before. Practically the moment you park your car their shuttle pulls up along side you. The driver helps with the bags and off you go. They drop us off right at the specific terminal we need.

erstwo

This is helping me in killing time.
My wife gets home from working a half day soon.
We aim to load the car in 3 hours and then head to the off site airport parking lot.
www.parkingspot.com/philadelphia
I've used them before. Practically the moment you park your car their shuttle pulls up along side you. The driver helps with the bags and off you go. They drop us off right at the specific terminal we need.
And then the Parking Spot sends you endless weekly emails asking you to come back, book early, remember them the next time you travel and on and on..... 😂

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
do you get meals on the flight or just 2 packets of peanuts?
Truthfully I have no idea. I'll just be surprised. The main goal is to close my eyes and get some rest. When we arrive in Dublin, your time in Pennsylvania will be 3:45am. Yet in Ireland it will be 8:45am. We plan to take a taxi to the hotel to have our luggage secured and then we are off to start tourist-ee stuff immediately.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
do you get meals on the flight or just 2 packets of peanuts?

Truthfully I have no idea. I'll just be surprised. The main goal is to close my eyes and get some rest. When we arrive in Dublin, your time in Pennsylvania will be 3:45am. Yet in Ireland it will be 8:45am. We plan to take a taxi to the hotel to have our luggage secured and then we are off to start tourist-ee stuff immediately.
An hour or so into the flight, they will do their beverage service with a packet of (usually) mini-pretzels. Soft drinks are free, alcohol is extra.

About 2-2 1/2 hours after take-off, you'll get a full dinner (not a huge portion, but filling enough) with a hot entree (choice of beef, chicken, or vegetarian, the beef is generally better than the chicken, but not always), cold salad (pasta salad or caprese salad), a slice of brown bread with butter, and a dessert cup (the past year or so, it's been some kind of mousse, either chocolate, lemon or strawberry). They'll also come around with tea or coffee right after dinner, before they even clear away your trays.

About an hour before you land, you'll get a snack box with an orange juice and a breakfast snack. Usually a blueberry muffin (totally wasted on me, I don't like blueberries) although one trip last year it was a cereal bar.

On the way back, you get the same except that the snack is a tiny sandwich wrap with a lovely chocolate brownie. And there's no juice.

FutureCEO

An hour or so into the flight, they will do their beverage service with a packet of (usually) mini-pretzels. Soft drinks are free, alcohol is extra.

About 2-2 1/2 hours after take-off, you'll get a full dinner (not a huge portion, but filling enough) with a hot entree (choice of beef, chicken, or vegetarian, the beef is generally better than the chicken, but not always), cold salad (pasta salad or caprese salad), a slice of brown bread with butter, and a dessert cup (the past year or so, it's been some kind of mousse, either chocolate, lemon or strawberry). They'll also come around with tea or coffee right after dinner, before they even clear away your trays.

About an hour before you land, you'll get a snack box with an orange juice and a breakfast snack. Usually a blueberry muffin (totally wasted on me, I don't like blueberries) although one trip last year it was a cereal bar.

On the way back, you get the same except that the snack is a tiny sandwich wrap with a lovely chocolate brownie. And there's no juice.

I have a flight that leaves from Boston at 2140. So essential I'm going to be served dinner at midnight? Oy Vey!

Lilofan

Good plan. The first day is the toughest. Forcing your body to adjust to the time difference. The jet lag coming back home was tough. A few I know from CA take the red-eye to Orlando arrive at 630am go to hotel have breakfast , leave luggage with guest services and start visiting the parks right away . One good thing about flying the red eye is many I’ve seen in my travels want to do the same thing, go right to sleep when plane is in the air.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
P.S., while you're exploring Dublin, if you're looking for lunch, I recommend Madigan's on O'Connell Street. Excellent chicken & chips, or sausage & chips (even better). It's nearly directly across from the GPO.

If you're looking for dinner, I recommend The Green Hen. I think this is the same side of the Liffey as your hotel.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom