Come along w/ Steve to IRELAND

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Tiggerish -- just curious, if you ever went to Bewley's on Grafton Street in Dublin, for a casual lunch. Years ago when I visited Ireland, my friends and I went there and enjoyed it. At that time, it was just about the only place I actually found decent coffee, too! (Tea across the country is nice and all, but I'm an American and I needed my brewed coffee!) ;)

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
P.S., while you're exploring Dublin, if you're looking for lunch, I recommend Madigan's on O'Connell Street. Excellent chicken & chips, or sausage & chips (even better). It's nearly directly across from the GPO.

If you're looking for dinner, I recommend The Green Hen. I think this is the same side of the Liffey as your hotel.
Our dinner reservation looks a lot like your The Green Hen suggestion.

FutureCEO

Yes. It's a little disconcerting, but you'll get in the swing of it. ;)

I used to always take the 9:30 flight out of JFK, my husband prefers the 5:30 flight. I've come to see things his way. :)

This is my first trip overseas. Facebook for the past few days is giving me Irish newpapers and websites and I'm not even going there. 🤣 But I will someday. I have a cousin that owns a business in Galway. B*****d never gave me a job.

Guinness is my favorite so St James Gate has to be a stop.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
@Tiggerish -- just curious, if you ever went to Bewley's on Grafton Street in Dublin, for a casual lunch. Years ago when I visited Ireland, my friends and I went there and enjoyed it. At that time, it was just about the only place I actually found decent coffee, too! (Tea across the country is nice and all, but I'm an American and I needed my brewed coffee!) ;)
Indeed, more than once! Although I think I was only in the Grafton St premises one time. The one on Westmoreland St. is the one I frequented, both for breakfast and lunch.

Bewley's Grafton St. nearly closed down for good during the pandemic, but there was an uproar and it was saved. Sadly, my Westmoreland St. Bewley's is now a TGI Fridays. :(

May 2020:

July 2020:

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
This is my first trip overseas. Facebook for the past few days is giving me Irish newpapers and websites and I'm not even going there. 🤣 But I will someday. I have a cousin that owns a business in Galway. B*****d never gave me a job.

Guinness is my favorite so St James Gate has to be a stop.
One of the worst pints of Guinness I ever had was at the top of St. James' Gate. The tour is interesting, but it's not the be-all, end-all that my cousins made it out to be. I think they were pulling my leg when they said it's not to be missed. Also, that's not a great neighborhood, just so you know.

I have family in Galway, too. Great town.

FutureCEO

Where are you off to?

Connecting through Dublin is usually economical, but the best benefit is the return flight, as you go through US Customs & Immigration in Ireland and enter the US as a domestic flight. Saves lots of time standing on line in Boston, you'll get home quicker. ;)

London. I looked at Aer Lingus and others but didn't want a connecting flight.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
London. I looked at Aer Lingus and others but didn't want a connecting flight.
Ah, my bad, I thought you were on AerLingus when you replied to the meal service post.
If you're not flying them, your food experience may be different!!
(maybe it'll be better!)

Have a great time!! I visited London ten years ago and want to go back.

FutureCEO

Ah, my bad, I thought you were on AerLingus when you replied to the meal service post.
If you're not flying them, your food experience may be different!!
(maybe it'll be better!)

Have a great time!! I visited London ten years ago and want to go back.

London should be a good time. I fly British Airways so it should be kinda of the same food wise. I was afraid of my luggage being lost because of everything going on (even though it's a direct flight) so carry on it is. No gifts though. I won't have room though I'm not much of a shopper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom