News Coco Boat Ride Coming to Disney California Adventure

Phroobar

I would fully support reclaiming the bay or a portion of it. I hold no love for WOC and since we lost the wave machine, the area feels like waste of space overall. Especially with how thin the plots are from SSS through Mermaid.
It's also ugly since they leave WOC up most of the time. Why are things so difficult to maintain? Maybe all the union mandated coffee breaks? Probably the same reason freeways take decades to build but with time bonuses only a year or two.

MK-fan

paradise gardens park is one of the most oddest lands since the pier was consumed by Pixar Pier. What can the park do with that pish posh of attractions? Can jumpin’ Jellyfish, Goofy’s Sky Skool, Golden zephyr and Silly Symphony Swings be removed to try and do a coco themed land and ride? Or will they just do an extension of Pixar Pier and retheme those rides and add the Coco ride to the area? Who knows where there gonna put this thing.

PiratesMansion

When it comes to placement, I think back to ~2008 or so when Mulholland Madness was IIRC going to be replaced by Ratatouille.

Given that they already do a Coco holiday area right next to it and Goofy's Sky School is no classic, that's where I would personally put it. Goodbye GSS, hello Coco. I imagine those high-spending hotel guests would prefer a dark ride rather than a noisy roller coaster that isn't even that good next to their rooms anyway.

DrAlice

I'm not sure I like the idea of putting Coco in the Paradise Gardens area. That area is a very nice space for food and taking a break. They usually have live music, so it's a nice relaxation space mid-day. Where would you go eat and relax if you take all of that away? There really isn't a place. It's usually at least 3/4 full when we visit, so if you get rid of it, all of those people will be displaced and fighting for what little sitting/eating space there is around the park.

My assumption was that Coco would go behind Incredicoaster (with the band shell as queue entrance), just since that is what has been rumored for quite some time (even before the conversion to Pixar pier, there was rumor of using that space for expansion).

It will be interesting to see what they come up with. I'm assuming they don't know where they are going to put it yet.

PiratesMansion

I'm not sure I like the idea of putting Coco in the Paradise Gardens area. That area is a very nice space for food and taking a break. They usually have live music, so it's a nice relaxation space mid-day. Where would you go eat and relax if you take all of that away? There really isn't a place. It's usually at least 3/4 full when we visit, so if you get rid of it, all of those people will be displaced and fighting for what little sitting/eating space there is around the park.

My assumption was that Coco would go behind Incredicoaster (with the band shell as queue entrance), just since that is what has been rumored for quite some time (even before the conversion to Pixar pier, there was rumor of using that space for expansion).

It will be interesting to see what they come up with. I'm assuming they don't know where they are going to put it yet.
Not in it, adjacent to it, replacing Sky School.

It's perhaps a bit close, but not close enough that it would be unworkable or clash horribly IMO.

DrAlice

Not in it, adjacent to it, replacing Sky School.

It's perhaps a bit close, but not close enough that it would be unworkable or clash horribly IMO.
I like that even less.
  1. I hate Disney's penchant to add an attraction by subtracting one. Add capacity without removing anything! :banghead:
  2. Also, I know this ride is "off the shelf", but it does fit a key milestone for young coaster riders. This was my daughter's favorite ride at DCA before she was big enough for Incredicoaster.
It will be interesting to see where they decide to put this. Assuming it isn't canceled by 2026, of course.

PiratesMansion

I like that even less.
  1. I hate Disney's penchant to add an attraction by subtracting one. Add capacity without removing anything! :banghead:
  2. Also, I know this ride is "off the shelf", but it does fit a key milestone for young coaster riders. This was my daughter's favorite ride at DCA before she was big enough for Incredicoaster.
It will be interesting to see where they decide to put this. Assuming it isn't canceled by 2026, of course.
I just feel like it would be really, really easy to put in a filler/starter coaster in somewhere else that's better than Goofy's Sky School, a coaster that I have very rarely heard positive feedback about from anyone.

As much as I generally agree with the notion that the parks need to add capacity without removing anything, there are certain things that I honestly would not care about losing if it meant it would be swapped out for something better. For me, it's hard to imagine anything worse going in that spot, even with the diminished capabilities of modern Disney. But as always, YMMV.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I personally wouldn't be sad if Goofy's Sky School went away. There are so many wild mouse coasters in the world, it's not like it is unique. Aren't there ones at Knott's and LegoLand? I know there's one at Great America in Santa Clara.

I say use all the space of GSS and Paradise Gardens to make a Coco mini-land.....like a little Mexico town. Swap Cocina Cucamonga with one of the restaurants there, and they can still have a stage with Mariachi music playing and a churro cart. There should be enough space back there for a ride building, restaurant, and maybe a store.

The store can have the ofrenda section like they had in Embarcadero Gifts, and when they do the Plaza de la Familia during Halloween it would fit in perfectly as the setting is already there. The who idea writes itself.

Ofrenda in Embarcadero Gifts:
1723680869855.png

mickEblu

Original Poster
I personally wouldn't be sad if Goofy's Sky School went away. There are so many wild mouse coasters in the world, it's not like it is unique. Aren't there ones at Knott's and LegoLand? I know there's one at Great America in Santa Clara.

I say use all the space of GSS and Paradise Gardens to make a Coco mini-land.....like a little Mexico town. Swap Cocina Cucamonga with one of the restaurants there, and they can still have a stage with Mariachi music playing and a churro cart. There should be enough space back there for a ride building, restaurant, and maybe a store.

The store can have the ofrenda section like they had in Embarcadero Gifts, and when they do the Plaza de la Familia during Halloween it would fit in perfectly as the setting is already there. The who idea writes itself.

Ofrenda in Embarcadero Gifts:
View attachment 809437

It would be nice if they could find another way but I’d be willing to sacrifice GSS as long as they could work around Plaza Gardens/ stage/ trees. Having some mariachi play there and good Mexican food would be cool. I wonder if they could put the facade where GSS is and then have a tunnel go backstage behind Boardwalk Pizza all the way to the show building near TSMM. I Guess the only reason to do this would be if they don’t have enough queue space if the entrance is at the fake bandstand near Bing Bongs. But then that would be crossing the parade gate/ path.

The more ambitious they get on that area the more the remaining flat rides like Zephyr, SSS and JJ would stick out like a sore thumb. So depending how nit they re thinking those may need to be rethemed as well. It’s hard to imagine Zephyr being rethemed though.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
The more ambitious they get on that area the more the remaining flat rides like Zephyr, SSS and JJ would stick out like a sore thumb. So depending how nit they re thinking those may need to be rethemed as well. It’s hard to imagine Zephyr being rethemed though.
They can always use trees or walls to block the area from the rest of the pier with entrances on the ends or something.

mickEblu

Original Poster
They can always use trees or walls to block the area from the rest of the pier with entrances on the ends or something.

True but it would still leave three non Coco and non Pixar flat rides in that area of Pixar Pier. I don't care what they call it. Hahah. Maybe they could just turn it into another Pixar neighborhood. With that said there no Pixar IP that hasn't been used that at the resort that really screams three carnival rides. All things considered, if they re keen on it going in Pixar Pier just make it a ride located in Pixar Pier and it could just be a Coco neighborhood with the Mexican restaurant and stage/ mariachi. I guess thats what you were saying. Maybe its semantics but mini land sounded more ambitious and worthy of its own land on the map. Or they could expand the Inside Out neighborhood to SSS and finally give us Mood Swings. Jumpin Jellyfish gets Nemo'd. Zephyr gets (insert IP) or Elio? which turns out to be nothing more than a name change and insert character on the marquee. That leaves Mermaid alone so it gets moved to everyones favorite land- Performance Corridor.

DrAlice

I just feel like it would be really, really easy to put in a filler/starter coaster in somewhere else that's better than Goofy's Sky School, a coaster that I have very rarely heard positive feedback about from anyone.

As much as I generally agree with the notion that the parks need to add capacity without removing anything, there are certain things that I honestly would not care about losing if it meant it would be swapped out for something better. For me, it's hard to imagine anything worse going in that spot, even with the diminished capabilities of modern Disney. But as always, YMMV.
Oh, I understand. I just don't trust that they will replace it if they remove it. The best-case scenario is that they first put a starter coaster somewhere else, then remove GSS. That's not going to happen.

I wish they would've enclosed GSS when they rethemed it from Mulholland Madness. They could've turned it into a coaster dark ride of sorts. Oh well.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Just think, we've got between 1-2 years before we know the location of this ride

Makes you wonder why the just don’t tell us. They either don’t think well like what’s being replaced or it’s not finalized. I’m going with the latter. I guess withholding that info also allows for another round of creating Buzz with more detailed art work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom