News Coco Boat Ride Coming to Disney California Adventure

Gusey

Makes you wonder why the just don’t tell us. They either don’t think well like what’s being replaced or it’s not finalized. I’m going with the latter. I guess withholding that info also allows for another round of creating Buzz with more detailed art work.
And w/ construction not begining until 2026, they can cover it in more detail at 2026 D23

mickEblu

Original Poster
And w/ construction not begining until 2026, they can cover it in more detail at 2026 D23

And another dark horse theory is they may not want to give us a clue of their DL Forward plans. Unlikely but If they announced that it was going where TSMM is then they would be pretty much telling us a Toy Story Land is coming to DL Forward

Toy Story moves merch. I have to imagine Buzz is on the chopping block. So TSMM and Jessie’s Carrosuel is it for DLR? I mean, I’m fine with that but does Disney value a Coco land more than a Toy Story land? Do either deserve a land at DLR in their view or are they content with them both just being attractions in Pixar Pier?

MK-fan

I don’t think many would mind if Mulholland Madness, Jumpin’ Jellyfish, Golden Zephyr, and Silly Symphony Swings were removed. The park does have a surplus of rides, it’s at 18 right now and thats more than most non-castle parks. Most of the rides are all just extra fluff if you ask me while the park only has two E-Ticket rides. Unless you count Incredicoaster, River Run and Soarin’ as E-tickets, but there-in lies the problem because they don’t add up to your signature Disney Grandiose E-Ticket. They are glorified E-Tickets and IMO are the D-Tickets of the park.

The park has always added attractions out of necessity and the park definitely needs more POTC/Rise of the Resistance type rides. 2002 saw A Bug’s Land to solve the “not enough children’s rides” issue while 2004 saw Tower of Terror to solve the “no true E-Tickets” problem. 2006 saw Monsters Inc to solve the vacant Superstar Limo building problem. 2008 brought in Toy Story Mania and helped to reinvigorate Paradise Pier by having something unique and not solely having you’re average run of the mill fair rides.

At this time they announced the 1.1 Billion dollar makeover for the underperforming park to solve the “half day park/not good enough” problem and added Little Mermaid, Springs Racers, Flying Tires and Junkyard Jamboree. The makeover succeeded in making the park more aesthetically pleasing And more of a “Disney park” but in reality only added 1 E-Ticket, 2 C-Ticket and a B-Ticket.

Since 2012, there has only been rethemes of rides with the exception of Luigi’s Rollickin Roadsters which was necessary for the replacement of the problematic Flying Tires ride and the Spider-Man ride which IMO was the cheapest option for a new ride (besides putting in a themed flat ride) to open up with Avengers Campus. Other than that, Soarin, Tower of Terror and most of the Paradise Pier rides got updated or rethemed entirely. Fast Forward to today and we are getting two E-Tickets in the coming future, with Coco possibly being an E as well hopefully.

So please, less fluff rides and more true E-Tickets (and keep em coming) is a necessary and welcome addition to the park.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
I don’t think many would mind if Mulholland Madness, Jumpin’ Jellyfish, Golden Zephyr, and Silly Symphony Swings were removed. The park does have a surplus of rides, it’s at 18 right now and thats more than most non-castle parks. The park only has two E-Ticket rides unless you count Incredicoaster, River Run and Soarin’ as E-tickets but there-in lies the problem because they don’t add up to your signature Disney Grandiose E-Ticket.

The park has always added attractions out of necessity. 2002 saw A Bug’s Land to solve the “not enough children’s rides” issue while 2004 saw Tower of Terror to solve the “no true E-Tickets” problem. 2006 saw Monsters Inc to solve the vacant Superstar Limo building problem. 2008 brought in Toy Story Mania and helped to reinvigorate Paradise Pier by having something unique and not solely having you’re average run of the mill fair rides.

At this time they announced the 1.1 Billion dollar makeover for the underperforming park to solve the “half day park/not good enough” problem and added Little Mermaid, Springs Racers, Flying Tires and Junkyard Jamboree. The makeover succeeded in making the park more aesthetically pleasing And more of a “Disney park” but in reality only added 1 E-Ticket, 2 C-Ticket and a B-Ticket.

Since 2012, there has only been rethemes of rides with the exception of Luigi’s Rollickin Roadsters which was necessary for the replacement of the problematic Flying Tires ride and the Spider-Man ride which IMO was the cheapest option for a new ride to open up with Avengers Campus. Other than that, Soarin, Tower of Terror and most of the Paradise Pier rides got updated or themed entirely.

So please, less fluff rides and more true E-Tickets is a necessary and a welcome addition to the park.

The location of those rides (minus GSS) aren’t really in the way so I’m not sure what you’d be gaining by removing them. Unless they plan on spending big money on filling in some of the bay or reconfiguring that whole area with an elaborate entrance into a Coco Land and then still not sure it’s worth it as they can probably find a way that didn’t involved removing three rides for no reason.

Professortango1

I don’t think many would mind if Mulholland Madness, Jumpin’ Jellyfish, Golden Zephyr, and Silly Symphony Swings were removed. The park does have a surplus of rides, it’s at 18 right now and thats more than most non-castle parks. The park only has two E-Ticket rides unless you count Incredicoaster, River Run and Soarin’ as E-tickets but there-in lies the problem because they don’t add up to your signature Disney Grandiose E-Ticket.

The park has always added attractions out of necessity and the park definitely needs more POTC/Rise of the Resistance typer rides. 2002 saw A Bug’s Land to solve the “not enough children’s rides” issue while 2004 saw Tower of Terror to solve the “no true E-Tickets” problem. 2006 saw Monsters Inc to solve the vacant Superstar Limo building problem. 2008 brought in Toy Story Mania and helped to reinvigorate Paradise Pier by having something unique and not solely having you’re average run of the mill fair rides.

Since 2012, there has only been rethemes of rides with the exception of Luigi’s Rollickin Roadsters which was necessary for the replacement of the problematic Flying Tires ride and the Spider-Man ride which IMO was the cheapest option for a new ride to open up with Avengers Campus. Other than that, Soarin, Tower of Terror and most of the Paradise Pier rides got updated or themed entirely.

So please, less fluff rides and more true E-Tickets is a necessary and welcome addition to the park.
I would happily lose everything from Mermaid through SSS as well as some/all of the bay. I never walk that way as its a long route to nothing. For me, the only good part of Pixar Pier is Midway Mania and Incredicoaster is physically fun if thematically atrocious. Since both of those are located near the left side, the only reason to turn right and walk the long route is if you enjoy flat spinners and generic carnival rides and concrete. Plus we get that great immersive view of Pixar Place Hotel and Anaheim when we look towards that corner.

MK-fan

The location of those rides (minus GSS) aren’t really in the way so I’m not sure what you’d be gaining by removing them. Unless they plan on spending big money on filling in some of the bay or reconfiguring that whole area with an elaborate entrance into a Coco Land and then still not sure it’s worth it as they can probably find a way that didn’t involved removing three rides for no reason.
Well, you would not be gaining anything from losing the Swings, Jellyfish and the Zephyr becuase they technically are out of the way. I just think that this part of the land could be more beautiful with an E-ticket mini land if they do decide to put the Coco ride or something else there and those fluff rides would kind of intrude on that area. Kind of like how the new Pueblo Esperanza land in Animal Kingdom is going to be a more a visually pleasing area than Dinoland USA and they chose to not simply retheme Triceratops Spin and Primeval World and keep them there or move them to another spot in that area to fit the redo, instead they are just taking them out entirely.

Professortango1

Well, you would not be gaining anything from losing the Swings, Jellyfish and the Zephyr becuase they technically are out of the way. I just think that this part of the land could be more beautiful with an E-ticket mini land if they do decide to put the Coco ride or something else there and those fluff rides would kind of intrude on that area. Kind of like how the new Pueblo Esperanza land in Animal Kingdom is going to be a more a visually pleasing area than Dinoland USA and they chose to not simply retheme Triceratops Spin and Primeval World and keep them there or move them to another spot in that area to fit the redo, instead they are just taking them out entirely.
The problem is space. With Disney's brilliant decision to give the park no berm and place this part of the park sandwiched between a road, a hotel, and a body of water, the space isn't that deep. Especially considering the parade route that needs to go through there. Goofy fits there because its a wild mouse which are tall and compact, a boat ride is going to need a lot more lateral space for the flume to navigate.

MK-fan

The problem is space. With Disney's brilliant decision to give the park no berm and place this part of the park sandwiched between a road, a hotel, and a body of water, the space isn't that deep. Especially considering the parade route that needs to go through there. Goofy fits there because its a wild mouse which are tall and compact, a boat ride is going to need a lot more lateral space for the flume to navigate.
If swings, jelly and the zephyr were removed, you could fill in that unused area of water with concrete to extend the pier footprint and create more walking space and more space for the parade route as well. Obviously you would have to take out that dining area which would suck. Mermaid really wedges that space in because more show building could be placed in the redwood creek challenge trail area but it’s super tight currently.

Professortango1

If swings, jelly and the zephyr were removed, you could fill in that unused area of water with concrete to extend the pier footprint and create more walking space and more space for the parade route as well. Obviously you would have to take out that dining area which would suck. Mermaid really wedges that space in because more show building could be placed in the redwood creek challenge trail area but it’s super tight currently.
Exactly, which is why I think removing everything from SSS to Mermaid is needed to reconfigure that corner of the park.

Nirya

There's nothing stopping them from digging down....in fact, I imagine that the ride itself will be multi-tiered, hence the comparison to Pirates.

DLR92

I think the space next door to TSMM is ideal spot for small fume ride for Coco. They need to reconfigure the back warehouses for more space.
Save the spot for GSS for a new dark ride.

DarkMetroid567

I reeeeeally hope the music is sung in Spanish. I won’t be bummed if it isn’t, and I’m sure a lot of dialogue will be in Spanish, but it would be really cute.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
If they use just the space of the current building behind the coaster, it's about 40,000 sqft.
If they move some roads around, they could probably get it up to maybe a little more than 70,000:

View attachment 808120 View attachment 808121

I don't know what's back there that can be moved or not moved, but this only gets rid of open space, and not any of the other backstage buildings.

For comparison, Haunted Mansion and Small World are both around 60,000 sqft, and Pirates is over 100,000. Runaway Railway is 85,000, although I think that building also includes offices, so the actual square footage of the ride might be smaller. Rise is 75,000, not including the queue.

Little Mermaid and Spider Man are both around 30,000, Winnie the Pooh is 25,000. Monster's Inc and Roger Rabbit are 20,000.

So if they used just the existing building, there's room for a C to low D ticket I'd guess. If they expanded it, you're at a high D to an E. Just based on size, not based on anything else of course
I've been investigating this since the announcement and checking out that area.

As someone else pointed out, the stage to the left of Bing Bong's would be the ideal entrance:

View attachment 808950

Once problem I saw immediately is that directly behind it is where the track is at ground level:

View attachment 808952

A POV shot:

View attachment 808953

There is a spot however where it looks like the purpose-built a walkway through:

View attachment 808954

I don't know the internal structure of that building on the park side, but maybe guests can zigzag over?

View attachment 808955

There just isn't a lot of places to get through the track structure....at least from my "lack-of-knowledge" armchair viewing.
With the excellent info provided by both, this could perhaps be a good layout for the attraction:
1723749905747.png

Honestly, a Pixar ride in Pixar Pier with a good location and good entrance seems too good to be true. The ride just "fits" here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom