News Coco Boat Ride Coming to Disney California Adventure

Snapper Bean

Couldn't this just be the first decided ride concept for the DCA extension across the street in the Disneyland Forward area? Jack at DSNY Broadcast thought that way.

MK-fan

Couldn't this just be the first decided ride concept for the DCA extension across the street in the Disneyland Forward area? Jack at DSNY Broadcast thought that way.
At this point, no one knows. Thematically, it would fit in Pixar Pier behind the eastern side of Screamin’, or it could be its own mini land in the Paradise Gardens area, maybe even using the challenge trail area. It could be across the street in the Disneyland Forward space. It’s anybody’s guess right now.

Phroobar

There is plenty of room behind Screamin' for a large Coco boat ride if they remove the parade float barn.

The Avengers ride really isn't that big of box considering the size of Transformers in USF. The Ancient Sanctum could easily fit a few robot arms.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
There is plenty of room behind Screamin' for a large Coco boat ride if they remove the parade float barn.
I've been investigating this since the announcement and checking out that area.

As someone else pointed out, the stage to the left of Bing Bong's would be the ideal entrance:

1723520280920.png

Once problem I saw immediately is that directly behind it is where the track is at ground level:

1723520433631.png

A POV shot:

1723520499394.png

There is a spot however where it looks like the purpose-built a walkway through:

1723520640380.png

I don't know the internal structure of that building on the park side, but maybe guests can zigzag over?

1723520763483.png

There just isn't a lot of places to get through the track structure....at least from my "lack-of-knowledge" armchair viewing.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

I think someone talked about leveling Paradise Grill and Boardwalk Pizza before and my one complaint was where they would reroute the parade route and the backstage gate. Looking at it more, maybe level Paradise Grill and end the parade route there. Boardwalk pizza and the existing gate would be the new entrance for the Coco Ride. The three backstage buildings behind the Incredicoaster would be the main show building for the attraction.

MoonRakerSCM

As someone else pointed out, the stage to the left of Bing Bong's would be the ideal entrance:

View attachment 808950

Once problem I saw immediately is that directly behind it is where the track is at ground level:

View attachment 808952

A POV shot:

View attachment 808953

There is a spot however where it looks like the purpose-built a walkway through:

View attachment 808954

I don't know the internal structure of that building on the park side, but maybe guests can zigzag over?

View attachment 808955

There just isn't a lot of places to get through the track structure....at least from my "lack-of-knowledge" armchair viewing.
THIS is the type of analysis we need! Excellent work! So yeah... it looks like that pathway is not a straight forward pathway into the backlot.... in the dogleg section of the front showbuilding under the coaster... what is the the left of that archway (is it the games or is it 'empty')?

Disney Analyst

View attachment 808950

View attachment 808952

A POV shot:

View attachment 808953

View attachment 808954

View attachment 808955

Yeah I wonder, if looking at TSM as a guide, they use the area further down as the way through with the show building?

Perhaps you use the bandshell as entrance, queue throughout the midway games, and exit out the Bing Bong shop somehow?

IMG_2791.jpeg

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I think someone talked about leveling Paradise Grill and Boardwalk Pizza before and my one complaint was where they would reroute the parade route and the backstage gate. Looking at it more, maybe level Paradise Grill and end the parade route there. Boardwalk pizza and the existing gate would be the new entrance for the Coco Ride. The three backstage buildings behind the Incredicoaster would be the main show building for the attraction.
Interesting. In fact, since we will probably lose the Mickey sidewalk due to the eventual bridge over to the Simba lot, if they hugged the backstage road against Disneyland Dr., that would create a lot more space for a show building there:

1723523519876.png

Also gotta consider the eventual walkway from that area to cross the upcoming bridge and that existing gate isn't just for parade floats, but also for emergency vehicles to get in and out, so that access will need to be retained somehow.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
THIS is the type of analysis we need! Excellent work! So yeah... it looks like that pathway is not a straight forward pathway into the backlot.... in the dogleg section of the front showbuilding under the coaster... what is the the left of that archway (is it the games or is it 'empty')?
1723523988868.png

They already took out a bunch of midway games when they converted to PP and put in that stage area and Bing Bong's. I wonder if they would just gut the rest of them for the entrance. Does anyone play those carnival-type games anymore?

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Interesting. In fact, since we will probably lose the Mickey sidewalk due to the eventual bridge over to the Simba lot, if they hugged the backstage road against Disneyland Dr., that would create a lot more space for a show building there:

View attachment 808961

Also gotta consider the eventual walkway from that area to cross the upcoming bridge and that existing gate isn't just for parade floats, but also for emergency vehicles to get in and out, so that access will need to be retained somehow.
My guess would be then Goofy being on the chopping block as well. The area where the backstage gate is then would be the bridge to connect across the way to the expansion area.

BrianLo

Wait and here's one from 2017! Ha! Perhaps @mickEblu and I should change our names to the "Disneyland Whisperers", as we have been on point when it comes to calling whether or not a project will be good or should be attempted at all (Joking, Joking)

I had you beat! Apparently I saw the movie and came back to report it needed to go into DCA. 😂

I think a lot of us have been manifesting this one for ages. It’s actually a well fit project.

Some smart guy even outlined two possible locations…

I'm recently back from seeing Coco. Honestly, DCA would be an amazing place for Coco.

If Disney were willing to take out Jumping Jellyfish, the Corndog castle and realign the walkway to hug the lagoon, the Sky School plot could be nearly doubled in size.

By no means would this all go to a show building, but just to demonstrate the usable area to redevelop the whole corner into a Coco plaza

View attachment 425494

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
My guess would be then Goofy being on the chopping block as well. The area where the backstage gate is then would be the bridge to connect across the way to the expansion area.
This is the artist's rendition of that area for DLF. Looks like they envisioned that gate to be the path that runs along Disneyland Dr. for a minute and then turns to cross the street.

1723524591809.png

BrianLo

DCA needs major love and I'm glad they are getting there with 2 original major E-Tickets announced and an original D-Ticket Dakride also coming.

Out of curiosity - what are you defining as what? I assume Coco is the D?

Josh also weirdly compared it to Pirates and Haunted Mansion… though without that factoid I would definitely be making the same assumption.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

This is the artist's rendition of that area for DLF. Looks like they envisioned that gate to be the path that runs along Disneyland Dr. for a minute and then turns to cross the street.

View attachment 808965
I wish they would rebuild that hotel from the ground up and make the parking structure underground. You could get a couple extra acres of prime real estate.

Professortango1

Out of curiosity - what are you defining as what? I assume Coco is the D?

Josh also weirdly compared it to Pirates and Haunted Mansion… though without that factoid I would definitely be making the same assumption.
I am expecting Coco to be a D, but would love to be surprised by an E. I guess I'm bracing myself for something like Midway Mania. Unique, interesting, fun, but kind of scaled back. But then again, I'd probably call IASW a D if it came out today. D is my way of exploring the off spring between a Fantasyland darkride and an E ticket darkride. A cute ride on a slightly bigger scale. The new Peter Pan is a D for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom